Sarah83's Tasty Food Diary

Oh dear. It's going round here too...so far I am one of the few healthy people left!!!!

Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks hun.
I'm such a baby when I feel ill (luckily doesn't happen very often!!)
I feel a bit better now so hopefully those paracetomol have started kicking in!!

Lunch: Pasta made with onion, garlic, chorizo, leftover turkey, passata and creme fraiche plus a sprinkling of cheese from HEXA. 2 syns

Exercise: 1hr 17mins on the Wii Fit

lunch sounds delicious

so wish my kids would leave me alone for 17 mins uninterrupted wii time x

well done on the 1/2 lb loss

Wow I've got that recipe too - it's out of the Economy Gastronomy book isn't it? That's nuts I knew that recipe was there but hadn't even thought to look at it - doh! Thanks hun.

Anyway... here's how I made mine:

Serves 2 - 2.5 syns per serving on Red/EE

Ingredients:
2 Chicken breasts cut into chunky goujons
1 egg beaten
28g Paxo golden breadcrumbs
Mixed herbs
Black Pepper
Chicken oxo cube

Method:
Dip the chicken goujons into the beaten egg.
Mix the breadcrumbs with the herbs, pepper and oxo cube.
Dip each goujon into the breadcrumbs, giving each an even coating.
Place on a fry-lighted baking tray and cook at Gas 6 for about 15mins or until cooked through.

They were really really tasty so I won't mess around with bovril paste again. Tasted like a really naughty meal in fact!!

Served mine with new potatoes, some veg and sweet chilli sauce to dip

i loved Economy Gastronomy, esp the macaroni cheese - miss it like mad

this is fab recipe, meg esp will love it - she wants to make these turkey twizzler things but to be honest it is similar recipe of my parmesan chicken am sure it will be equally delicious

Thanks guys!!
Well the funny thing is, I'm ok today!! Wierd - one of those 24hour things I think... maybe I just needed a good nights sleep ??

Wednesday 11th August - Green

Breakfast: Beans on WM Toast (HEXB) with cheese (part HEXA) and coffee (part HEXA)

Throughout the morning: 2x750ml bottle water, strawberry muller

Lunch: Pasta salad with mixed leaves, cucumber, tomato, onion and EL Salad cream (1.5syns). In truth I only really ate the pasta and onion...

Throughout the afternoon: 750ml bottle water, apple, pear, 2xM&S Colin the caterpillar sweets (4syns), leftover roasties and EL salad cream (1.5syns), coffee with milk from HEX, SF squash

Dinner: Lentil dhal made with olive oil (half HEXB), rice and chips (oil for other half HEXB)
A kit kat (5.5syns) and a decaf coffee

Total Syns: 12.5

Exercise: 1hr walking around Cardiff on my lunchbreak

Last edited:
Update on my first goal

Just wanted to have a bit of a ramble about how I'm feeling coming up to the date I wanted to acheive my first goal - to be a size 16.

On Sat 21st August I'm going on hols. It's my hubby's nan's 80th birthday and we've rented a house in Ilfracombe, and about 14 of us are staying there for a week.

Originally when I started back on SW at the beginning of the year, this was my target date. I won't have seen most of the people there for at least a year, so wanted them to stop and say 'OMG look at you, haven't you lost weight' etc etc

Then... I had my off plan blip earlier this year so it was obvious that it wasn't going to happen when I wanted it to, which is why I changed my target date to May when we go to Mexico - much more acheivable.

So I really wanted to be a size 16 by the time we go away, hence my first goal. I wasn't sure what weight that equated to, but was guessing about 14st. Now I haven't got there obviously, and I doubt much is going to change in the 2 WI's I have before we leave.

I am still wearing 18's but have managed to buy some size 16's - trouble is these have been from traditionally generous shops, i.e. Evans & BHS so isn't a true reflection.

I tried on some bits in BHS this lunchtime - a pair of 16 Evans black trousers and a couple of BHS maxi dresses which fitted nicely and a slimmer fitting dress which although fitted, looked hideous. Didn't buy any just wanted to see what fitted.

I've refused to buy any more 18s so I have to start getting into the 16s as I'm running out of clothes!! But although I'm starting to get down to a lower size, although I don't feel as any smaller - I think these new clothes still would have fitted me in January, and none of my old clothes fit me comfortably yet. Also to add to this, nobody has noticed or commented that I've lost weight.

This is a bit disheartening, I really hoped that at nearly 1.5stones off I would have started to feel the difference.
But like I have always said, at least it's coming off, if a little slowly, I just really hope the shrinking starts to speed up to help me achieve my size 12 by Mexico next May.

Sorry... random rambling over :rolleyes:

Hi Sarah,

I know it can feel a bit disappointing when you don't hit the goals you want...I had my daughter three years ago and am still desperately trying to get back to my pre-baby weight.

Try not to feel to dis-heartened though as your losses so far are a really fantastic achievement that you really should feel proud of. Whilst you may not yet be the size you want to be, your health will no doubt have improved massively and each little loss get's you closer to your goals.

As for people not noticing perhaps they should get their eyes tested???!!!

I think its good that you've put how your feeling into words as we all know how difficult and long a road weight loss is. It's nice to see that you have re-assessed your goals and are still as determined to get to your targets.

Good luck,

Becky x

Thanks hun, I am happy with what I've achieved, and I honestly am happy with the speed of it. I just wish I could start seeing the difference.
I'm determined to try and stick to plan as much as possible on hols too - I am the self-nominated chef!! So will be cooking SW friendly meals for everyone (with the addition of not so SW friendly side dishes i.e. naan bread, poppadoms, tortilla chips, garlic bread etc!!).
I'm doing a curry night for our first night, then making a huge bolognese, and a chilli too.
So at least I know I will be in total control of what I'm eating. I will however be drinking rather a lot, but hopefully this will be counteracted by all the walking and outdoor games we'll be playing!!

Glad you're feeling better today. Your holiday sounds like it's going to be great and I bet your loss so far will be noticed...
Great idea to nominate yourself as chef, so you can control what's going on your plate :)

Sarah, you might not see it yet but I'm sure people who haven't seen you for a while will notice you've lost weight...also, some people don't dare saying things like this...I remember one friend telling me that everybody at work had noticed that I had lost weight but were telling her rather than me as they didn't want to offend me (I suppose telling me I looked great with the weight loss implied that I looked awful when I was fat ;))
As for clothes I understand where you come from, I'm still wearing the clothes I bought just after the birth of my daughter, thinking there's no point buying much since I'm going to lose weight...However, trousers were very tight back in august last year and they fit properly now. I'm sure a lot of your clothes fit better than they were before you lost weight, you just don't remember.
Have a lovely holiday and well done for being so focus x

Thanks guys.

I'm away in London for work this afternoon, so meals to be planned around this...

Thursday 12th August - Green (I think)

Breakfast: Coffee (part HEXA) WM Toast (HEXB) with 2 LC light (part HEXA) and sliced tomato

Lunch: New potato and egg salad from M&S, coffee, Alpen Lights (HEXB)

Dinner: Here's where it all went wrong...
Had a chicken and noodle salad from M&S, plus a bag of Salt and vinegar chipsticks, a twix and 2 mini bottles of wine...
Had a bad day so emotional food/drink

Total Syns: Too many

Last edited:
(((BIG HUG))) to you Sarah - sometimes people ignore the weight loss for their own selfish reasons - you have lost so much weight - there is no such thing as a generous size 16, small ones yes, but generous ones no - i bet in a couple of weeks you are slipping into size 16, i think when you lose weight the body readjusts itself naturally a couple of weeks down the line, either way you are so in control - why not try cutting out the wine til you go - that way you'll need less to get merry (!) when you are away lol!

That sounds so good might make up a batch and divide into portions - does it freeze?

Hmmm.... I really don't know... I'll check similar recipes in my books at home and see if they do.
Can't see why not though?

Thanks for the hugs... not sure I'll be able to cut out the wine though ;)
But I will be doing a fishy week to try and give myself that extra boost

Back