Sarahjj - CD Maintenance - Still maintaining, sorry I haven't been around!

Hi Mini!

Thank you soooooooooooo much! I really need someone to sort me out coz I feel I can't do it myself!!! I think I'm kidding myself that it's only one biscuit here and there. I need to sort it out now else it's just going to keep getting worse and worse!

I weighted in at 10.1 last week and want to get to 10. So if I've put on 2lbs this week that means I've got to lose 3lbs to get to target. I'm so pleased with myself so why can't I stop!!!??? Is there something wrong with me? :confused:

Done well today - am going to have a little less salad and cottage cheese tonight just because I feel so fat and horrid! I also think that I'm not having enought water - but my job, today, isn't letting me have much - there are no loos!!!

Am going to get back to it now, but will log on tonight.

Thank you again for helping me!

Love Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

There is nothing wrong with you, your doing mighty...it is just that it is so easy to fall as goal is so near..

Your biscuit is just sugar and chemicals and if you are anyway carb sensitive it can start the craving off.

In one plain digestive biscuit you have about 86 calories, it probably did not even taste like that?

One cream cracker 35 calories.

Med slice of toast without anything is about 88 calories.

one large apple is about 60 calories, there are new sweeter brands and they can double that amount in calories.

After doing any vlcd you have to introduce food in the right order so that your glycogen stores are not flooded and that during maintenance you learn how to stabilise your weight and retain your new figure.

http://www.minimins.com/showthread.php?t=401&highlight=glycogen+store

This link will explain about glycogen.

You must eat what is recommended by your CDC, cutting down on your cottage cheese and salad tonight won't make any difference, but might make you feel deprived.

Which will start the old chatterbox off again.

You did not gain weight from the biscuit, you gained water and this will leave of its own accord if you stay away from the biscuits.

Continue on and don't feel guilty or beat yourself up, for again that is how the old chatterbox gets the better of you.

Make sensible choices and don't cut back on your CD meals or on you AAM as this is futile.

Love Mini xxx

i think its all part of learning to maintain your weight really. In the grand scheme of things, 2lbs is nothing and that will be off pretty quickly especially as you are so consious of your weight..just take it as a learning experience, no harm done :)

Day 98 - 2 days till 100!

Hello!

Well, thanks to Minis talking to I am now back on track 100%! Thank you Mini and Zareena! It's exactly what I needed! It is so easy to get relaxed about this diet when you start management. Oh this bit won't hurt, a mouthful of that won't do any damage. Those bits and pieces I had here and there probably would do more damage than if I'd just sat down and had a Mars bar!! It was good to read about glycogen and how easy it is for your stores to re-fill. It really made me think.

So, yesterday was good and today is going to be even better. Had about 6 litres yesterday and am hoping for similar today. I've got my WI tonight and I'm pleased to announce that according to the scales this morning I've lost the 2lbs it said I'd put on yesterday! I know I shouldn't obsess with the scales but sometimes it's difficult!

Hopefully I've maintained this week, but if not then it's not going to be the end of the world. I can just maintain for my next WI. Going away to Cornwall next week which I'm not looking forward to at all. My M in L is such a pain - she feels the need to feed everyone that sets foot inside the door, including my husband, which I'm not so pleased about coz he's meant to be watching his weight too! She hates the fact that I was not eating and now she says that because she knows I'm eating she want's to go out for meals to Thai restaurants and to the pub for Sunday lunch. I feel so bad to say no, but she puts me in these awful positions and I don't think it's fair. She's a very dominant charachter anyway, and our personalities really clash! Anyway, hopefully hubby will stand up for me and say no to eating out this time, they'll be plenty of time for that once my body has got used to more varied food.

Sorry for that rant! Wasn't meant to be quite so bad! Hope everyone has a good day!

Love Sarah x

Day 99!

Hello!

Had my WI last night and put on either 1/2 or 1lb - long story as to why I don't know which it is!!! :confused: But considering, I think that's pretty good. Back up to 10.2 now, but I'm not too worried. CDC has told me to stick with 790 calories for the next 2 weeks (I'm going away for a week so had to get 2 weeks supply last night) and then go onto 1000 calories after that.

Was my first day yesterday where nothing passed my lips that wasn't on my CD book! I'm so pleased with myself. Had lots of fizzy water, spinach and cottage cheese for tea, then had to force down my last pack of the day. I haven't felt so full and bloated for a long long time! I hated the feeling too. Don't want to go back to eating like that again. It was like that almost every meal for me in the evenings before CD. Atleast last night I was full of good things, and things that I'm allowed!

Anyway, must crack on!

Sarah x

DAY 100!!!!! YEY!

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Day 100! Woooooooow!

Feeling good today - strayed a little yesterday but woke up this morning feeling back on it 100%, until................got into work and there were balloons etc around, got to my desk and there were free massive umbrellas for everyone. Found out that it is our companys 1st birthday today! Thats alright I'm thinking, free umbrellas for all and balloons to brighten the place up! But, what comes hand-in-hand with balloons at a birthday, you guessed it...........cake! And lots of it! There is a cake (for about 20 people) that is the size of a football pitch!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Thank you very much to oure company, but a girl trying to do CD doesn't stand a chance when there is that much cake thrust upon her! So, the reason for my ramblings is that I need your help - STOP ME EATING ANY OF IT!!! PLEASE!!! Feeling strong and focused now because it hasn't been cut yet, but I know that when everyone around is having some I'm going to find it difficult! Can I survive on will power alone? No, I need your support with the cake!!!!! :D :D :D

Apart from that went for a very long and grueling walk last night with hubby which was really good. There are such lovely places to walk around us so we have decided that we are going to take full advantage! Got home, started to make tea, spinach and cottage cheese, opened the cottage cheese and sliced deeply into 3 fingers with the foil that seals it in!! Ooops and owwwww!! :eek: Silly me! So now I'm having to improvise with my other good fingers (thumb and baby, which I find are useless at the best of times!) whilst typing, and seeing as my whole job revolves around typing, that's not good!

Hope to hear from some of you soon - until then I shall resist the temptation!

Love Sarah x

Day 101!

Ate cake yesterday! But feel fine about it. Didn't over-eat, and won't have anything else but what I'm allowed today.

Went blackberry picking last night which was fun! Haven't done that in years. Going away for a week tomorrow morning and won't get back until Sunday 27th, so will post again then.

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Well done on not over-eating.

Just thought i'd let you know I read your thread every day as I'm terrified of approaching management and think your doing really well!

Its my day 102 today - wish I had finished but still quite a way to go!

Hope you have a great weekend - keep up the good work and keep posting!

Tash xxx

Hi Tash!

Thanks for your post! It's nice to know that people read my threads! How are you getting on? We've done so well to get to over 100 days!

I think that management is really hard - when I was ssing there would be no way that I would have had any of the cake, but now I'm eating again I thought that it was okay! Silly really!

Hope things are going well for you!

Sarah x

Congrats on resisting the urge to dive into the cake!

Hi Kebab!

Thanks for the post! Believe me, it was hard to resist this morning, seeing as I'd had some yesterday! But, as you say, failure is not an option! How are you doing?

Sarah x

Day 111!

Hey all!

Got back from a week away yesterday - very relaxing! Even though it was spending 24/7 with the in-laws!!

Foodwise - not brill but not too bad. Picked on things I shouldn't have, but didn't have anything HUGELY bad! Got on the scales this morning and they say that I have lost a couple of pounds. Not holding out for much tomorrow when I WI though. I've got a leaving lunch tomorrow with people from work which I could do without, but seeing as it's for me leaving, I guess I'd better not complain!

Really hope that I have done well enough to move onto the next stage of maintenance - 1000 cals. Am really excited about maybe having some porridge on Wednesday morning!! And fruit and pasta! Everything really!!! :D :p!

Having a nice relaxing Bank Holiday in sunny High Wycombe! Hope everyone else is enjoying a day off work! Only in work 3 days this week - I've got Friday off to go to my cousins wedding on Saturday. Have got a fab dress to wear, I won't spoil the surprise, but will take a camera and post the pics on here for next week!! After that I've got 2 weeks left at work before I go to university! Can't wait, but it means that hubby and I are going to live apart for 3 years :( :( :( still it'll all be worth it.

Have a good evening, I'll be back posting tomorrow at work!

Love Sarah x

Hiya Sarah

Have I fallen asleep and missed loads of whats going on with you girl???

leaving work??? going to uni??? living apart from ur hubby??? tell me tell me all about it, i've back tracked through your diary and can't really find anything... what ya studying??

love

Gen xx

Congratulations Sarahjj on your 101 Days on CD!!!
Ballon02.gif

Anniversaire08.gif

Love Mini xxx

Hi Gen!

Yeah, going back to uni - starting course on 25th September! Can't wait! I'm going to study in Brighton (so I can live in house that mum and dad own, so I don't have to pay rent :p!) which is about 2 hours from High Wycombe where I live with hubby! Leaving work on the 15th September (can't wait - it was only a temp job anyway!) and moving to Brighton after that sometime before 25th! I'm studying Podiatry (Chiropody, feet, if you didn't know - most people look at me blankly when I say that, or they think it's to do with children!!) did 1 1/2 years before but quit 1/2 way through! Oh dear!! So hubby is going to be alone for 3 years! Only Monday - Friday though, so could be worse, and I get like 4 months off in the summer! Looking forward to it, but kinda not too! Weird!

Hope that is all you wanted to know.....:p ;) :D!!!!!

Love Sarah x

now i remember the foot thing.... i kinda remembered as i was typing asking all the questions but wasn't 100% sure!!

i can understand why you would be a bit apprehensive but i'm sure once ya settle in you will be grand and sure 2 hours isn't that far away, i'm sure if you get lonely you could drive up during the week or he could come down to you!!

does that mean you won't be online as much??? what about me??? lol lol only kidding

hope you have a lovely rest of bank holiday day

love

Gen xx

Good for you Sarah going back and doing University, it does take sacrifice but it will be so worth it.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks guys!! Think that the outcome will be worth it - £££££!! :D :D :D !

Don't worry Gen, will have the internet at mum and dads house! I'll need you all to keep on in check! Last time I went to uni I put on about 2 stone in just over a year! Not this time however!

Am going to go and lie down now as I've got a migrane coming!

See you tomorrow!

Sarah x

Day 112

Morning!

Back to work today :( It's not fair! Why do we have to work??!! No one likes it! Going out for a team lunch today -hopefully I'll just be able to have a salad! Got my WI tonight, so don't want anything too heavy!! Got on the scales this morning and they said 9.13! My CDC scales are about 3-4 lbs below mine too! Know it's not going to be quite like that my the end of the day because I'll have been drinking lots of water, but still, I'm in the 9s on my scales! Yey!!

Thought that it was meant to be cold today so have come to work in long sleeved jumper, but now I'm really hot! Oh dear!

Am hoping that I'll move onto 1000 cals tonight, looking forward to some pasta if so!! :D :p

Have a good day - I'll be around from time to time - still trying to catch up on threads after having a week away!

Love Sarah x

Back