Sarah's Food Diary - Red, Green & EE

Thursday 1st October (EE day)

Breakfast: Apple a bacon sandwich (2 slices of Nimble as a HEXB)

Lunch: Chicken Noodle Mugshot and an apple.

Dinner: Shepards pie made with real mashed potatos and butter (3 syns) lean mince steak, peas and carrots. Side dishes of baked beans and swead.

Snacks: Weight watchers Strawberry Tart yougrt and a packet of Walkers Baked crisps (5.5 syns)

Total: 8.5 syns

Last edited:
Friday 2nd October (EE day)

Breakfast: Apple and a bacon sandwich (2 slices of Nimble as a HEXB)

Lunch: Tomato and herb pasta Mugshot and some low fat chicken and herb super noodles.

Dinner: Boiled rice with chicken and 1/4 jar of asda good for you sweet and sour cooking sauce (5 syns - 20 syns for the whole jar).

Snacks: Walker french fries (4.5 syns)

Total: 9.5 syns

Saturday 3rd October (EE day)

Breakfast: Ham sandwich (2 slices of Nimble as a HEXB)

Lunch: Chicken and Mushroom pot noodle (6.5 syns) and an apple.

Dinner: Pasta mexed with mushrooms, onions, sweetcorn, cherry tomatos and 2 tbsps of Tesco healthy eating creme freche (3 syns)

Snacks: 2 finger kitkat (5.5 syns)

Total: 15 syns

Last edited:
Sunday 4th October (EE day)

Breakfast: Tesco Fruit and Fibre (HEXB) with skimmed milk (HEXA)

Lunch: Chicken pieces mixed into Chicken and Herb Supernoodles.

Dinner: Dusted River Cobler (7 syns), oven baked mushrooms and tomatos with a jacket potato, 1 tspn of flora light (1 syn) and corn on the cob.

Snacks: 2 hard boiled eggs and 1 slice of home made SW chocolate cake (1.5 syns)

Total: 9.5

Last edited:
Monday 5th October (EE day)

Breakfast: Plain Oat So Simple (HEXB) with skimmed milk (HEXA)

Lunch: Tesco Light Choices Sweet Chilli Chicken and Noodles (5 syns), an apple and a necterine.

Dinner: 4 Morrisons Eat Smart Pork Sausages, smash with 1/2 a tbsp of Flora Light (0.5 syns) and brocilli.

Snacks: 2 large carrots and a packet of French Fries (4.5 syns)

Total: 10 syns

Last edited:
Tuesday 6th October (EE day)

Breakfast: An apple and a Strawberry Muller Light.

Lunch: An apple, Chicken noodle Mugshot and a chicken sandwich made with 2 slices of Nimble (HEXB), 1 tspn of extra low fat mayo (0.5 syns), asda breast of chicken and slices cherry tomatos.

Dinner: Batchlors savory rice with Quorn fillets cooked in 1/4 jar of asda goof for you sweet and sour sauce (5 syns)

Total: 11 syns

HEXA used in the form of skimmed milk for cups of tea.

Last edited:
Wednesday 7th October (EE day)

Breakfast: An apple and a Toffee Muller Light.

Lunch: Tomato and herb Mugshot with a bacon sandwich (fat removed from bacon and bread being 2 slices of Nimble as a HEXB).

Dinner: Turkey fillets with brocilli and smash mixed with 14g of Phillidephia Light (1 syn)

Total: 6.5 syns

Last edited:
Thursday 8th October (EE day)

Breakfast: An apple and a Strawberry Muller Light.

Lunch: Banana, 1/2 tub of tesco natural light choices cottage cheese and a roast chicken sandwich (2 slices of nimble as a HEXB) with cherry tomatos.

Dinner: SW chips and an Omlette filled with mushrooms, onions and bacon (fat removed) fried in fry light.

Snacks: 28g of soda bread (3 syns) and a Curleywurly (6 syns)

Total: 9 syns

Last edited:
Friday 9th October (EE day)

Breakfast: 1/2 pot of Tesco Light Choice Natural Cottage Cheese and a banana.

Lunch: Roast chicken sandwich made with 2 slices of Nimble (HEXB), an apple and a packet of chilli chicken low fat super noodles.

Dinner: Steak, vegetables and smash made with milk and 14g of Mature Grated Chedder Cheese Light (3 syns)

Snacks: 2 weight watchers carrot cake slices (3.5 syns each) and a packet of french fries (4.5 syns)

Total: 14.5 syns

Last edited:
Saturday 10th October (EE day)

Breakfast: 3 bacon rashers (fat removed), 1/2 tin of beans and 2 eggs - scrambled.

Lunch: Fruit and Fiber (HEXB) with skimmed milk (HEXA)

Dinner: Boiled rice with chicken cooked in 1/2 a jar of Tesco Light Choices Tikka Masala (9 syns)

Snacks:

Sunday 11th October (EE day)

Breakfast: Banana.

Lunch: Pub Mixed Grill comprising of steak, chicken, gammon, jacket potato and a large flat mushroom. Going to allow 6 syns for the oil they probably brushed on it.

Dinner: Toasted cheese sandwich using 2 slices of Nimble (HEXB) and 42g Tesco hedder Cheese Lighter (HEXA)

Snacks: 7 peices of popcorn lol (better call that 3 syns too)

Last edited:
Hey hun

Ok opinions. A lot of your syns are coming from things that can be easily underestimated, eg jars of sauce. You are also eating a lot of convenience things as the main parts of your meals (mug shots, noodles). I'm guessing you know this and this is why you're feeling guilty.

If you're still losing by doing this then there's no need to feel guilty. But a jar of tikka sauce which may be convenient and quick in one way, isn't that good for you when you can just as easily buy fat free yogurt and mix it with tandoori spices then stir through some cooked chicken and veggies to make an indian feast without the guilts.

Your guilts come from approximating and convenience hun, that's all. But if you measure properly those guilts should go away, and if you invest in a set of measuring spoons, you'll feel so much more well-behaved and sure of yourself!

Does that help? xx

PS I always give at least 6 syns for something I have eaten out even when I've asked for no oil unless I can't see any shiny parts on the plate at all. One tablespoon of oil is 6 syns and really is not a lot.

I would say you probably had around 9 or 10, unless you ate any onion rings or sausage or excess meat fat on the steak/gammon. But you know what you can or cannot have babe.

xx

Oooh well done love, OH deems holding the onion rings to be a travesty. You've been good hun, really good. You know what you can and can;t have, you've done exercise and you are working within the rules. I think you're just feeling guilty for not feeling like you're on a diet.

Don't fall off right now, save your fall from grace for when you REALLY need it!! xx

Thanks hun. I didnt want to use anymore syns last night so settled with a toasted cheese sandwich, it was lush and i felt so much better after lol xxxx

Monday 12th October (EE day)

Breakfast: Banana and a strawberry muller light.

Lunch: 2 Alpen Light bars (HEXB) and brocilli and cheese Pasta 'n' Sauce made with water and some skimmed milk (HEXA)

Dinner: Roast chicken with mixed vegetables and 1 tspn of tomato sauce (1 syn)

Snacks: Packet of KP Skips (4.5 syns) and a 2 finger Kitkat (5.5 syns)

Total: 11 syn

Last edited:
It's felt like I havnt stopped eating today!!! :D

Tuesday 13th October (EE day)

Breakfast: 4 Original Ryvita's (HEXB) with Tesco Light Choices Natural Cottage Cheese.

Lunch: Banana, apple and a jacket potato with baked beans.

Dinner: Spag Bowl - Spagetti pasta with lean minced steak (fat drained), mushrooms, onions and passata.

Snacks: Curlywurly (6 syns)

Total: 6 syn

HEXA has been used in the form of skimmed milk.

Last edited:
Wednesday 14th October (EE day)

Breakfast: 4 Original Ryvita's (HEXB) with Tesco Light Choices Natural Cottage Cheese.

Lunch: (Pub lunch) Jacket potato with baked beans and tuna mayo (going to say 10 syns).

Dinner: Chicken marinaded in garlic, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper with stri fry vegetables.

Snacks:

Total: 10 syn

HEXA has been used in the form of skimmed milk.

Back