sarah's simply filling food diary

I definitely not been on plan Becks! I haven't counted anything for over 2 weeks. Ooops. It has been mainly the "what" I have eaten rather than the amount though. Portion control does seem to have lasted through christmas. Its just generally been a portion of very high fat calorie laden goodness! I guess that's precisely why I reckon simply filling is the way to go to get back on track. I am really looking forward to being back on plan today actually. That's odd isn't it??

Good luck today ladies :)

Yeah, I guess holiday lets is pretty seasonal.

How has today gone? Have you managed to get back on plan yet?

Just popping by to subscribe. I've been doing simply filling on and off for a year. Looks like you have been following it for a while. I am glad to be back on it again, but I just need to get back into the habit of tracking foods. Good Luck with your new start.

Thankyou, I just hope I can get on it again

I'm ok tho I don't start plan till tomorrow!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

Does anyone that has an actifry no how u care for it? Ie do u clean it? After each use, does it have a full on wash in the sink or just a wipe out with a soapy cloth? Thinking of getting one as they r a bit cheaper at the mo but don't no how much of a pain they r to look after?!

My sister has one and I'm pretty sure there is a bowl you just pull out and can put in the sink. I'll ask her later. She swears by it and uses it a lot. But for me it is a lot of money to spend on something I can do in the oven in about the same time.

Do you eat chips/wedges a lot? My brother has this gadget that cuts a potato into really neat chip size chunks. I may buy one of those.

I got one for Christmas and I love it already, you can remove the actual dish it cooks in, paddle and lid. I wash the dish and lid in the sink but I put the paddle in the dishwasher. It makes the nicest crunchiest chips in 20 minutes, I've done chips, chicken drumsticks, garlic mushrooms, chorizo in red wine and last night I made a sweet and sour chicken dish. You could knock up sausage and chips in 20 minutes. You can also do things like frozen chips, chicken nuggets, fish fingers etc as long as you take the paddle out first. The list is endless what you can make. Stews, chillis, risotto.

Thankyou guys! I'm nit just looking to use if for chips, I'd like to use it for other low fat recipes but when I'm on sf I do eat a lot of homecooked chips

Thankyou guys! I'm nit just looking to use if for chips, I'd like to use it for other low fat recipes but when I'm on sf I do eat a lot of homecooked chips

A yummy chip butty in a WW petit pain would be free. Wow!!!!:)

A yummy chip butty in a WW petit pain would be free. Wow!!!!:)

Yeah used to have them all the time but always had to do my chips in the oven!

Yeah used to have them all the time but always had to do my chips in the oven!

I find that doing chips in the oven is a right pain. With the actifry all you've got to do is peel the potato cut into equal sizes and make sure you dry the chips well, bung in actifry pour over a tiny bit of oil and put on for 20 minutes depending on how many your doing. I normally do 200g and that takes 20 mins.

Right! First day back on plan! Had oss and cup of tea so far!
Jan 6th 2012 I weighed 13.2
June 29th 2012 I weighed 10.4 1/2
Around 21st sep 2012 I weighed 11.9 1/4
Today (4th jan 2013) I weighed in at 12.1 1/2

So nearly a 2st gain since my lowest weight in june but only a 6lb gain since sept and still 1st down since jan last year! Tho I do feel just as fat as I did when I weighed 13.2! Im glad I didnt gain it all back, I was worried that id weigh more than 13.2!

Don't worry about the gain. You can't change the past. Concentrate on this new year!

Do you have a goal in mind.

"Be the change"

I echo that Sarah. It is what it is... You can't change it. You lost the weight before and you can do it again :)

Not a bad gain at all Sarah and well done getting back on it I am starting again today too! X

A 6lb gain from when you stopped trying to diet really isn't that bad at all. I would agree that what matters is what happens from here rather than looking back too much. This is day 1.

What have you got planned for your food over the next few days? I find when I first get back on plan I need to make sure I have some of my favourites planned to keep me motivated and make sure I don't feel too deprived. I am planning homemade burgers, chips and coleslaw for the weekend :)

Have you decided about the actifry yet? My dad has one and swears by it, I've only tried roast potatoes from his and they were nice but to me not as nice as the ones I do in the oven.

Don't worry about the gain. You can't change the past. Concentrate on this new year!

Do you have a goal in mind.

"Be the change"

Thankyou im not too worried tho a little annoyed I got frustrated from july - sept as I was dieting and exercising but gaining lbs! Hopefully this year I wont get to that plateu!

Back