Sara's Dukan Diary: Stage 2 Cruise

How you doing Sara, not seen you about for a few days ? x

Hi Jo, thanks for asking. I'm fine but incredibly busy and also had computer problems yesterday. Missed you all though. Thanks for the leg-up back to p1, Ellie!

Not much to report - family in the middle of exams, OH away for 3 days just when I need it least, and I feel like I'm wasting away! Keep up the good work, all xx

I said I was wasting away... and I'm 4 lbs down this week! Below 11 stone at last! It's the stress!

I've lost 4 lbs in a week before and each time it's been followed by a sts or a small gain. Over 2 weeks it has averaged out at 2 lbs pw which has been my rate of loss recently anyway. But we'll see...

Most importantly, I've only 8 lbs to go! I'd love to be there by the end of July - bored sick of cruise!

I love you all (to echo Dame Edna)! xx

Yay Sara, you're 10-something!! How completely fabulous :D

Good on ya, stay strong you are SO NEAR your goal now. Absolutely blooming brilliant :D

P xxx

Last edited:
The last few pounds to go, then conso!!! OMG!! nearly there, the finishing line is in sight!! Keep going kid, you can do it!! Cx

Brilliant loss Sara well done & in the 10's too, great stuff. Few weeks & you'll be there hun x

Hi Sara, I made a daft comment on a post you'd left in Trudy's diary and then felt ever so rude that I hadn't introduced myself first. Tsk, what would my mother say? So....

Hello, nice to meet you! Dead impressed with your stats, you're keeping me inspired!

Joodle x

SARA you star - into the 10's woooooo hooooo whooo hooooo whooooo whoooowhoooo hoooO! LOL - amazing x

just catching up with my dukan friend's diaries and OMG 4lbs fantastic and so close to target ......... so that's Silver, soon Trudy and you Sara. Our little conso group is soon to grow Ellie yehhhhhhhhhhh x

Thank you so much for your kind comments, all of you! I can't believe it myself! Although I've just fitted into a pair of jeans that I bought in an emergency before a skiing holiday 4 years ago because I'd put on so much weight, so another bit of me can't believe I ever allowed myself to go over 11 stone, never mind 13, either.

And welcome to my diary, Joodle! Thanks for looking in and good luck with your journey.

You are doin great, stick with what you're doing as it's working x

Had a tummy bug since yesterday - painful cramps and diarrhoea. I feel really rough and what do you do? Normally when you have an upset tummy you eat high-baked water biscuits or toast and marmite until you're better, in our house, but both of those are out of bounds. Hard-boiled eggs, etc, just set it off again. never mind, I'll probably be better by tomorrow. x

Get well soon lovely! x

Still feeling s**t today. Had peppermint tea instead of my usual coffee this morning though - thanks for the suggestion, Cheesegirl - and I've just eaten a load of live yoghurt on the principle that the 'healthy' bacteria will see off the little beggars that are doing this to me. Off to bed for 3 hours now - haven't done that in years! x

oh dear though you would be hale and hearty today - on a positive note bet your losing a shed load of weight!!! LOL...... Hope the rest has got u back on track and you are feeling a bit brighter - meant to ask how you were feeling about the not drinking now???? is it the norm??? Are you finding it okay not having it???? Think it is time for you to do an updated photo Sara - I think you must have made quite a transformation now! xxx

You know what? I was so determined not to drink ever again that I haven't wavered, and it's been over a month now. I'm not tempted, but I am still a total stress-ball! I don't really want to take more medication because, what with 3 tablets for my heart, one anti-depressant (that I've been on since I had my 4th, and still need) and my multi-vit, I rattle every morning as it is! I can't honestly say it's improved the quality of my life yet, but it must be better for my health and my bank balance! Thanks for asking, Trudy, it was a big deal for me.

Now off to the toilet... Actually, the stomach cramps seem to have diminished slightly. x

Oooooo i still haven't forgotten the stomach cramps from taking dulolax so I sympathise. Hope it eases for you soon, you've obviously picked up a bug. Hope you feel better soon Sara x

Back