SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

Serena you do help to keep me positive. Tonight I went out for dinner and ate 4 tempura prawns and pan fried fish (no crumbs) with salad ( it had mayo on it). I chose what I was going to have at home except I could control the oil or dressing. I did stop before I felt full and have convinced myself not to beat myself up in the morning when I jump on the scales! This has taken me about 40 mins to come to terms with as I have reassured myself after one day being good it will all go back to normal.

Reading posts like yours has helped me to realise what I already knew tonight. SO thank you!!

I hope today is a better day today for you.

Bren
X

Hey Bren

Glad you are feeling inspired! And well done you on making an overall healthy choice. I'm a bit wary posting about my off-plan meals because I would never want anyone to think "oh she's got away with it so it can't do too much damage". However, stuff happens...not advocating cheating of course but the all or nothing mentality is fine whilst you're giving the diet your "all" but pretty destructive when you go into "nothing" mode.

Hope things go well for you xx

Day 8

Friday 13th!! :eek:

Have felt quite positive today (being a Friday helps!), just relieved that the snow we had overnight has melted as I hate hate hate it!!

I had another positive comment at work today about how they could notice that I was still losing weight even recently which was a nice boost.

Have also discovered that banana mix-a-mousse is delicious made really sloppy so that it's like custard...mmmmm!

Thought for the day:

"Sole Source may have given me a slim body, but having the discipline and determination to do the steps up will help to give me a slim mind".

Last edited:
The slim mind is what I'm using at the moment to keep in check Serena. I aim for a slim feeling in my tummy and body before I go to bed. I know that when I have this I'm on the right track.

It's nice that people are still noticing, compliments are always a little warming inside.

Have a great weekend.

Bren
X

Hi Serena

Hope you dont mind me gatecrashing your thread:eek::)

Just like to say congratulations on your weight loss you look fantastic!

Tracey
x

Friday 13th!! :eek:

Have felt quite positive today (being a Friday helps!), just relieved that the snow we had overnight has melted as I hate hate hate it!!

I had another positive comment at work today about how they could notice that I was still losing weight even recently which was a nice boost.

Have also discovered that banana mix-a-mousse is delicious made really sloppy so that it's like custard...mmmmm!

Thought for the day:

"Sole Source may have given me a slim body, but having the discipline and determination to do the steps up will help to give me a slim mind".
Love your thought for the day!

Hey beautiful, heres hoping your trip to canterbury was a good one, and that you found lots of lovely new clothes, my trip has been cancelled, bummer, but at least I dont have to be on red allert for the day incase sssssssssuper serena appears, just as I bite into my fav food,lol.

Hey beautiful, heres hoping your trip to canterbury was a good one, and that you found lots of lovely new clothes, my trip has been cancelled, bummer, but at least I dont have to be on red allert for the day incase sssssssssuper serena appears, just as I bite into my fav food,lol.

:superwoman: Where are you dammit?!!

:party0051:
Oh there you are...you bad girl :nono: :D

Hope you are ok hunni xx

Day 9

:bananalove: Valentine's Day - mwah! x

Stoopid of the Month award goes to....me. :crazy: And why? For deciding to make one of my favourite puddings for hubby as part of his Valentine's meal - said pudding now keeps winking seductively at me every time I open the fridge door...aaarrgh! I have no intention of eating it of course but WHY did I have to test my own willpower like that??! Next time I will make something I personally find less appetising - maybe a dog poo souffle would be less tempting but not so sure that hubby would appreciate that one :D

So...met my friend in Canterbury today, bought a couple of tops for work and a pair of size 10 jeans - size 10!! When I got home I held the jeans up against a pair of generously cut size 18 trousers that I'd kept for the heck of it - crikey I can't believe I used to sit in them at work and have to undo the top button in the afternoon in order to accommodate my post-lunch belly. :eek:

Thought for the day: (in context of "just a teeny tiny little spoonful of pudding won't hurt me surely...")

"One is too many and five is never enough!"

Last edited:
Serena you are still going strong! I suggest you poke your tongue out and pull a face at the pudding, show the pudding who's the boss!

Bren
x

Size 10, how very dare you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So pleased for you darling, have a wonderful day, ohhh what time should I be round to pick that pudding up, its the friendly thing to do, taking it off your hands,lol.

Hey serena, sorry it's late but well done on your loss this week!! hope you survived the pudding challenge!! Fab news on those size 10's it feels great doesn't it!! my lovely size 10 work trousers are now my weekly gauge as i on;y wear them 1 day a week on a thursday and no matter whether i'm having a slim/fatty mind day they tell me to look at the reality of it "hey you are wearing size 10 trousers girl!!" oooh yeah!!

xx

"hey you are wearing size 10 trousers girl!!" oooh yeah!!
xx
oooh yeah!!
Great feeling isn't it!!!!!?????!!!!!!Well done.

Day 10

I've had a bit of a temper tantrum with CD today, a post-Valentine's lovers tiff if you will. Have not cheated (damn that pudding! :mad:) but boy has it been really, really hard to stay on track today. Hopefully I will snap out of it tomorrow...

Thought for the day:

"A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step.....but if I don't remain clear about where I want to go and plan for how I intend to get there, I will probably end up journeying to the wrong destination!"

Well done on the focus Serena. Think back to when you weren't on 810 and how hard that was with out having one real meal a day and be happy about being on the 810. The pudding is not the enemy but rather a friend that you can only handle in small doses.

Bren
X

Thanks for the ecocouragement and the advice ladies :)

Do you know what Bren, I found it loads easier doing SS without the meal and I look at having to do myself "real" food as an annoyance. I think it's because there's not much I can do with the limited choice of allowed protein/veg so I don't enjoy preparing or eating it - I've actually found it far less irritating cooking proper meals for hubby, even though I can't eat them, than doing 810 food for me. Bizarre :sigh:

Day 11

Still in a grump but still going strong on 810. Glad the weather is a little warmer today, makes my evening CD ice cream a little less chilly for me!

Thought for the day:

"If you go looking for an excuse to overeat you will surely find one."

Back