SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

Hey Serena - I've been watching this thread of yours looking for the inspiration you always provide, and you haven't disappointed!

I love reading about how you keep focus as you go up the steps, your wonderful thoughts for the day, and even all the great comments from your other fans :)) !)

I've moved down to 1000 now, and plan to be down to 810 next weekend. Follow up with the surgeon went well today, so nothing to stop me! Feels funny to say that given I'm going down the steps as you're going up, but as my CDC says - we may take different routes and some of us may take detours and take our time, but we can all get to the same destination.

Here's to seeing you at the finish line (when i eventually get there! lol)

:)Cx

Oh dear! Seems our posts crossed m'dear! Sorry to hear you've been feeling grumpy. Hope it passes soon sweetie!!
Cx

You're doing great honey, so stay strong... think of those size 10 jeans! (Even in my skinniest days I have never been that tiny! well, not since I was about 8!!!) Valentines has sent a few of us into a wobble, but each time it happens we handle it maybe a bit better than before... and you didn't cave in! Ditch the grump and be proud of yourself, we're all rooting for you.
xxx

Hi Smiley, glad things are going well for you too!!! Great that everything has gone well with the op and you are stepping down again towards the lower plans... that finishing line isn't so far away!
xxx

Still in a grump but still going strong on 810. Glad the weather is a little warmer today, makes my evening CD ice cream a little less chilly for me!

Cheer up hun!!! It was lovely to see the sun today wasn't it, when i was SS'ing I really enjoyed making my shakes into thickshakes with loads of ice but it's been too cold for one of those for ages!! i forgot how much i love them though might have to get the blender out for tomorrow!

Hope you feel better soon just think of your great achievement so far!!

xx

Hey Serena - I've been watching this thread of yours looking for the inspiration you always provide, and you haven't disappointed!

I love reading about how you keep focus as you go up the steps, your wonderful thoughts for the day, and even all the great comments from your other fans :)) !)

I've moved down to 1000 now, and plan to be down to 810 next weekend. Follow up with the surgeon went well today, so nothing to stop me! Feels funny to say that given I'm going down the steps as you're going up, but as my CDC says - we may take different routes and some of us may take detours and take our time, but we can all get to the same destination.

Here's to seeing you at the finish line (when i eventually get there! lol)

:)Cx

Thank you so much for your kind words :)

So pleased that you are progressing well after your surgery xx

You're doing great honey, so stay strong... think of those size 10 jeans! (Even in my skinniest days I have never been that tiny! well, not since I was about 8!!!) Valentines has sent a few of us into a wobble, but each time it happens we handle it maybe a bit better than before... and you didn't cave in! Ditch the grump and be proud of yourself, we're all rooting for you.
xxx

Thank you Katy...I will try to ditch the grump! See...:)...done it!! :argh:
:D

Cheer up hun!!! It was lovely to see the sun today wasn't it, when i was SS'ing I really enjoyed making my shakes into thickshakes with loads of ice but it's been too cold for one of those for ages!! i forgot how much i love them though might have to get the blender out for tomorrow!

Hope you feel better soon just think of your great achievement so far!!

xx

Thanks to you too! Aww do you know what it has made me feel a little emotional to read everyone's lovely comments. :thankyou:

I get in a grump quite often as poor Lostris (my wonderfully excellent and motivational PM buddy) will testify. :break_diet:

Although I do my best to stay cheat-free it sometimes comes with a price i.e. I cope by getting in a strop with the world in general rather than by taking it out on the biscuit tin...hmmmn not very good really.

Having said that if I did take it out on the biscuit tin the "aaarrgh" aftermath would be a full-on 10 out of 10 on the grump scale with a good dose of guilt and self-loathing thrown in so it could be worse...

I think I need help! :rolleyes:

Ohhhhhh baby girl you dont need help,this stage is the hardest, its where the real work starts, and the introduction of real food, or getting nearer, is very scary.
we all know you wont give in, unlike some of us, who have got to this stage and fallen fully into a biscuit tin.
Day one of restart 56millionth today, my mood is terrible, I have been hidden away in my bedroom most of the day, just so I had no one to shout at,lol, sad, but true.

Ohhhhhh baby girl you dont need help,this stage is the hardest, its where the real work starts, and the introduction of real food, or getting nearer, is very scary.
we all know you wont give in, unlike some of us, who have got to this stage and fallen fully into a biscuit tin.
Day one of restart 56millionth today, my mood is terrible, I have been hidden away in my bedroom most of the day, just so I had no one to shout at,lol, sad, but true.

Hey darling

Doesn't matter if it's your 56millionth restart because a restart is better than no start! You can do it hunni xx

Hi serena,glad you are still doing so well and totally focussed,keep up the good work,looking forward to the day I bump into you buying my size 10s!!
xx

Day 12

Another day in CD-land done and dusted...

Not much to report today other than I am freezing cold despite the practically tropical temperatures that we have now compared with last week.:gen157:

Was reading through the diary that I've kept since starting CD and I still can't quite believe how far I've come in such a short space of time. Back in October I wrote: "It suddenly struck me this morning that hopefully I only have a few weeks left of having a double chin - I just can't wait as it's the one thing I've hated the most about my appearance since gaining weight."

And here I am just 4 months later with the confidence to put my mugshot up on a forum for all to see. I'd almost forgotten how truly awful I felt about myself back then, yes I know that size shouldn't matter but the truth is that it does. I am never, ever going back there again.

Thought for the day:

"I always have a choice and that choice is always mine".

Last edited:
Day 13

Gosh is it really only day 13 for me - I feel like I've been on 810 forever.

Feeling great today as a chap at work emailed me this morning with the subject header "Come on then..." with the message itself saying "...what's your secret? You've lost weight and you're looking good (if you don't mind me saying)...how have you done it?" Apparently his wife has tried for a while to lose weight but hasn't had much success bless her. I've been really chuffed for the rest of the day, so much so that I forwarded the email home hence being able to "remember" what was in it - sad eh?! :D

Weigh in tomorrow night...gulp!

Thought for the day:

"Dieting is like a game of snakes and ladders - would you teach your child to quit the game as soon as their counter landed on a snake? The only way to reach the finish is to take the ups with the downs and keep on playing."

Hope the weigh in goes well Serena, have a feeling it will! Find this thread v. motivating, and so proud of all you have achieved - it makes me feel like I can try for the same! Keep on keeping on!
xxx

Back