SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

Serena you rule girl! Hope WI goes well and you lose some weight! :))

You're doing so well, I'm jealous <3

xx

Day 14

Another CD week done and dusted...and I've lost another 2lb. :) I do feel as if I've really earned it though after last Saturday's self-induced Pudding vs Willpower showdown. :rolleyes:

CDC wanted me to move up a step this week to 1000 calories but I don't feel ready for it yet so will be sticking to 810 again, but she wrote a detailed note on my file to say I'll be moving up to 1000 next week. :eek:

I am therefore going to use this week to work on getting my stoopid brain well and truly into gear as I am already having sabotage thoughts of "oooh carbs next week - perfect excuse to swap the pasta allowance for a creme egg or two..." :argh:

Also scared about saying goodbye to ketosis as that has been another powerful tool in keeping me on track so far. I know deep down though that I need to fly the CD/ketosis nest soon - it's the only way I'll get to see the big wide world of finally living life as bona fide slim person. :0icanfly:

Thought for the day:

"It's not as easy as it was...or as difficult as it could be."

Last edited:
I am so pleased for you and the sensible choices you are making. I think we really have to learn to listen to our bodies so we can do what is best for it. For me your thoughts and current experiences will be used by me as I move up. Serena you are my guinea pig, I hope you don't mind.:scale::sign0009::thinking2:

Hiya,

It can be scary having carbs as the evil choccie goodness carbs will be so close to your mouth too! It's amazing what ketosis does to you on a mental basis! :)

You may struggle, you may not. Whatever you do will be normal. :) I struggled with carbs at first, not fruity ones those were fine, but bread and evil carbs in crisps and such. I'm doing okay, I ate very sensibly yesterday and didn't have a lot of bread and lost 0,4kg waterweight again (about 1lb?). It's all about falling and getting up! :)

You'll do great and I'll be with you every step of the way!!!!

xxxxxx

Serena well done on the weight loss this week,is your worry about hunger kicking in when you are out of ketosis?If so,I dont think you will have a problem,I have done 1000 in the past and have to say I wasnt hungry atall,yes you are adding carbs but you are doing it in a controlled way.You will be fine love
xx

Serena well done on the loss. I've looked at the 1000 step and I dont think you'll get hungry at all hun.

Bren
X

Another CD week done and dusted...and I've lost another 2lb. :) I do feel as if I've really earned it though after last Saturday's self-induced Pudding vs Willpower showdown. :rolleyes:

CDC wanted me to move up a step this week to 1000 calories but I don't feel ready for it yet so will be sticking to 810 again, but she wrote a detailed note on my file to say I'll be moving up to 1000 next week. :eek:

I am therefore going to use this week to work on getting my stoopid brain well and truly into gear as I am already having sabotage thoughts of "oooh carbs next week - perfect excuse to swap the pasta allowance for a creme egg or two..." :argh:

Also scared about saying goodbye to ketosis as that has been another powerful tool in keeping me on track so far. I know deep down though that I need to fly the CD/ketosis nest soon - it's the only way I'll get to see the big wide world of finally living life as bona fide slim person. :0icanfly:

Thought for the day:

"It's not as easy as it was...or as difficult as it could be."

hiya hun, well done on the loss, you are doing sooo well! I understand your fears of the 1000 plan, i had te same fears when i moved up to 1000 & 1200, but it's such a lot more food compare with 810 you'll be fine, i tried to spread mine out out through the day as much as possible too so i knew the next time i would be eating. i didn't really notice my hunger increasing but I did have to give myself a good talking to at times for picking and then trying to justify it.:eek: naughty me!
I would reccommend maybe writing a plan of what you will be having for the day and then keeping to it, i did better when i did it that way.

Good luck
xx

I am so pleased for you and the sensible choices you are making. I think we really have to learn to listen to our bodies so we can do what is best for it. For me your thoughts and current experiences will be used by me as I move up. Serena you are my guinea pig, I hope you don't mind.:scale::sign0009::thinking2:

Lol! I'm quite happy to oblige and be a guinea pig as opposed to this time six months ago when I was just a pig...:eek:

I can only show you my "holiday snaps" from my CD travels though...you'll be experiencing and enjoying your very own journey to Slimsville ;) :)

xx

Last edited:
Day 15

Quiet day today, I'm glad it's Friday although no plans for the weekend.

I tried some roasted chunks of celeriac with my dinner tonight, I've only had celeriac once before (a couple of years ago) and wasn't too keen at all but thought I'd give it a go again anyway just for some variety. I think my tastes must have changed a lot since starting CD as this time I actually enjoyed it...either that or I'm just so desperate now that even pretend roast potatoes hit the spot!

Thought for the day:

"Quitters don't win and winners don't quit".

I tried some roasted chunks of celeriac with my dinner tonight, I've only had celeriac once before (a couple of years ago) and wasn't too keen at all but thought I'd give it a go again anyway just for some variety. I think my tastes must have changed a lot since starting CD as this time I actually enjoyed it...either that or I'm just so desperate now that even pretend roast potatoes hit the spot!

Lol I think you're right anything tastes good after weeks of ss;):D

Thought for the day:

As lellycd has said moving up the plans is scary. I dont know anyone who hasn't worried about it. I know that when I moved up I was so scared that once I ate I wouldnt be able to stop:rolleyes: but that wasnt the case at all. I'd never felt full ever in my life, I was either starving or felt sick as I'd eaten so much. I used to think that I had something wrong with me and that I would never know what it was like to feel satisfied and god forbid leave anything on my plate:eek:

I was pleasantly surprised the stabilisation plans are great they gradually introduce the foods back into your diet and you soon get used to each stage which readies you for the next.

Enjoy the 1000 plan it's great, I think you'll be surprised at how full and satisfied you'll actually feel.

Tracey
x

Thought for the day:

Celeriac chips are nice too :) 1,000 is 'interesting'. I found it a lot of food. I remember moaning over a plate of food 10 minutes to midnight as I knew I needed to eat it all that day and I didn't want it :D

Celeriac chips are nice too :) 1,000 is 'interesting'. I found it a lot of food. I remember moaning over a plate of food 10 minutes to midnight as I knew I needed to eat it all that day and I didn't want it :D

Celeriac chips...great idea...oooh I sense a burger and chips supper coming on some time soon! (turkey breast mince burger of course ;))

Sadly on 810 I still eat a little too quickly (Paul Mckenna's 20-chew method doesn't work too well with a mix-a-mousse :rolleyes:) so I hope 1000 will hit around the right spot...and if not it'll just have to do anyway :)

Day 16

Was in my usual Saturday grump for most of the day...it's no coincidence that Saturday is the day that I have to do the weekly food shop which is a chore at the best of times and even worse when you're on CD. However I forced myself to go for an hour's walk with the dogs this afternoon which helped to cheer me up - it was so nice to stroll along with the sunshine on my back and ponder life, the universe and everything.

Managed to resist hubby's offer of an Indian takeaway this evening although I have to admit I briefly toyed with the idea of a tandoori mixed grill with salad ("but it's oooonly protein!"). Instead I took myself off into the kitchen and cooked a home made curry for hubby (I only like restaurant/takeaway korma) which put an end to the matter so that was that.

This is what I am mainly worried about with moving up to the 1000 plan - the more food options I have to play with the more opportunity there is to stray. :(

Mind you I could have found a hundred "reasons" to have strayed at any time throughout my CD journey up till now so maybe I just need to learn to trust myself a little more.

Thought for the day:

"Happiness is an option."

well done hun, thinkn of the money you saved cooking with whats already in the house!!

I tend to internet shop now and get the stuff delivered!! I enjoy going round the supermarket but when nothing can be for me I think sod them all mwwahhhh (1 hubby, 2 children and 4 childminded children heehee, so I have to plan anyway, just stops the tempation buying, and I have found they are eating better without crisps and stuff being in!!)

Hahaha Emma sounds like you have the shopping thing sorted! Sadly internet grocery shopping wouldn't work for me as I am one of those sad people who always roots around at the back of the supermarket shelves comparing the best before dates on the packets so that I only pick up the freshest items. Only for said items to end up languishing in my fridge/cupboards for days anyway! :rolleyes:

Serena you will be a goal before you know it. Writing a eating schedule really helps to. If you train yourself to eat 3 meals and 3 snack for the day it's not that hard to stick to. Basically you can be eating every 2 hours or so.

I have about 10.5 lbs to go and know when I get to goal just not to get complacent and try all foods and love tasting again. Trick for me is to leave a little on the plate when I go out. When I'm having a coffee and think "wow I had a biscuit and I like it I'll have another one" I will tell myself no you have had one, it's enough and wait until tomorrow.

You have come so far and done fabulously. When you are at goal and finished the steps you will realise and practise that you can have food enjoy it and not overeat.

Well done hun!

Bren
X

Back