Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

You're still within the 15 syns allowed though and all those speedy foods must be doing you some good even if they seem to have addled the mathematical part of your brain :p

Sorry to hijack your thread sausage but just wanted to say Happy Graduation to Smartie. Hope all goes well. I am back from hols now so will appear on the Sunday Weighers thread in the near future.

Love your pictures sausage (and LOVE your avatars Smartie :D)

Gail x

Hijack any time Gail :D Hope you had a great holibags.

I managed not to screw up the 777 challenge today! Hurrah! Peeing like a police horse though. At this rate I will be slinky from the neck down and have a knackered old face from waking up in the night to run to the loo :eek:

Tuesday 8th November

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk and scan bran (hexB + hexA)
pineapple and banana

Lunch:
BNS and carrot soup
cheese beano (hexA + hexB)
clementine

Dinner:
sweet potato and mixed bean chilli
brown rice
pea guacamole
cheesy yogurt (3 syns)

Snacks:
carrot cake (1.5 syns)
6 x peanuts (2.5 syns)
apple

Total syns:7
Fluids: very good
Exercise: none

*curtsies* It has, thanks! :D How are you getting on with the challenge, Smartie? I am really enjoying it.

Wednesday 9th November

Breakfast:
mixed frozen berries

Lunch:
BNS and carrot soup
beans and quorn burger on toast (hexB + 0.5 syn)
chilli ketchup (0.5 syns)
apple
clementine

Dinner:
beany veg spag bol
cheese (hexA)

Snacks:
pear
grapes
2 x carrot cake (3 syns)
3 x brazil nuts (3 syns)

Total syns: 7

I've gone straight back to it Sausage :D no celebrating for the rest of the week for me!

I'm enjoying it too, its really helped to give me focus and it feels all 'new' for some reason :) Hopefully I will get a little loss on Friday because of it *fingers crossed*

Nice one, Smartie! :D I know what you mean about "new". I find the novelty of 777 quite refreshing. As a long term plan, maybe not sustainable, but as a kick in the pants, the challenge is ideal. Have a fab weigh in tomorrow x

Thursday 10th November

Breakfast:
pineapple and banana

Lunch:
BNS and carrot soup
eggy bread
beans
mushrooms
chilli ketchup (0.5 syns)
apple

Dinner:
1/4 mushroom and lentil loaf with cheese on top (hexA)
chips
mushy peas
pickled beetroot
ketchup (1 syn)

Snacks:
clementine
grapes
2 x carrot cake (3 syns)
2 x brazil nuts (2 syns)
1 x panda liquorice (0.5 syn)

Got a soiree tomorrow at which sandwiches and cupcakes will be served. Friday night is my dangerous time so will see how it goes :eek:

Attachments

• DSCF3975.jpg
    DSCF3975.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 43
I managed to dodge work cake. I had such a ***** day at work and came home in a total rage. Decided to have some food at the soiree...white bread cheese sandwiches, pringles, cup cake. Got home about midnight and had an unfightable hankering for cheese on toast and wine. So my day started well then went downhill lol

Lots of water and veg today.

sorry to hear you had a crappy day at work :( but mmmmmmmmm cupcakes. They are one of my danger times as I often go shopping late at night when they are whoopsied so much it would be criminal to not have them

I hope today has been a better day, good luck for tomorrows weigh in :D

Cheers, Smartiebob. I put on half a pound thanks to Friday's shenanigans. Why do I do it every week? I am sooo predictable :booboo:

New week today! Will go to Aldi and cook up a pile of stuff for the freezer. I find Sunday batch cooking motivating (and cheap!)

Saturday 12th November

Brunch:
beans
toast (hexB)
mushrooms
2 x fried eggs

Dinner:
cajun stew
wholewheat pasta
cheese (hexA)

Snacks:
milk (hexA)
pear
grapes
strawberries
2 alpen light fudgy bars (hexB)
doritos (7.5 syns)

Total syns: 7.5

I think you need a plan of action :D

Could you bring your own SW food to these little soiree's? Maybe enlist the help of others to provide healthy food for a couple of weeks? How about diluting your drinks with tonic water so they last longer?

What about a 50/50 week, where you have 50% of your food free and the other half superfree? Not so draconian as success express so may be more achievable and would require less planning.

What about your portions? What about having a smaller plate for a week? You may find that you dont actually need all the food you plonk on your plate normally?

Failing that, butt kicking is an optional extra :D

We need to get you back into losing regulary and back into the sacred land of Onederland where you belong :)

Ahh sausage, those 0.5lb gains are the bain of my life too, it will vanish next week. xxxx

Smartie - I see lots of words, but am reading "Trot off to Ebay and treat yourself to a nice piece of vintage crockery, Sausage." I love that idea! :D

Truth is, I don't go to a lot of soirees so that aspect is not a huge problem. Usually my Friday night fails are are of my own making in my own house. I had been so good all week on 777 and was feeling so motivated until the work folk were total bams on Friday afternoon. If I can get through next week without having a Friday binge or killing the feckers, it will be a success. I'll take your offer of a butt kicking please :D

I will leave the 50/50 idea for now. Sound like a lot of planning :confused: Being a vegetablarian, I tend to eat a lot of superfrees anyway and I have been trying to eat healthier syns lately such as nuts. Will keep up the water intake though as I think that really helps to curb hunger :)

Hugs right back at you Rozieeee! x

I hope so, Cake. I am clinging on to my 4 stone sticky for dear life! LOL

Good, productive start to the week. Got a mad amount of food for hardly any money in Aldi yaay! and cooked up a load of stuff for the freezer. I made:

2 x mushroom and lentil loaves (8 portions)
2 x carrot cakes (16 portions)
ratatouille for turning into spag bol, curry etc (4 portions)
BNS and carrot soup (enough for a small army)

Hopefully having things divvied up will help with my portion control. Been thinking about my plate size :hmm: My round plate (below) is only 8 inches on the non-painted, usable, bit. Is that big for a plate? The next plate size down I have is a Bunnykins plate and it is teeny and covered in bunnies! They might distract me!

Sunday 13th November

Brunch:
2 x quorn sausages (olde)
beans
toast (hexB)
mushrooms
1 x fried egg

Dinner:
1/4 mushroom and lentil loaf (half hexB)
sprouts and butterbeans in tomato sauce (not as horrible as it sounds!)
baked sweet potato

Snacks:
milk (hexA)
pear
3 x walnut halves (half hexB)
10 x peanuts (4 syns)
2 x carrot cake (3 syns)

Fluids: good

Attachments

• DSCF3980.jpg
    DSCF3980.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 39
Monday 14th November

Breakfast:
mixed berries and banana

Lunch:
BNS and carrot soup
toast with jam and cheese (hexB + hexA + 1 syn)
apple

Dinner:
1/4 mushroom and lentil loaf (3 syns)
sprouts and butterbeans in tomato sauce
baked sweet potato
2 x clementines

Snacks:
pear
2 x carrot cake (3 syns)
quavers (5 syns)

Total syns: 12
Fluids: good
Exercise: kettlebell workout

Sausage, carrot cake!!!! Do you have the recipe on here?

Your batch cooking looks great, ratatouille is lush isn't it and so versatile! I love it plain piled high on a jacket potato with cheese.

I think your portions are fine, I have big portions. I know how you feel and I often try and shift the balance, ie more superfree compared to carbs but the same size portions. But then other days I think sod it where's my pile of sw chips!

Here you go Mrs Slinky-Cake...

11 Syns for the whole cake!

4 Scan Bran (crushed), soaked in hot water then mashed
1 weetabix (crushed)
5oz carrot (grated)
½ tsp mixed spice
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp mincemeat
1 tbsp runny honey
3 eggs (beaten)

Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Turn the mixture into a lined tin, cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for a further 30 mins. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.

I also add a couple of tsps of ground ginger. It is very Christmassy :D Great with custard and banana. Cut into 8 x 1.5 syn pieces, wrap individually in tinfoil and freeze if you fancy.

Attachments

• DSCF3805.jpg
    DSCF3805.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 104
Back