Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

Sausage, it would work without the mincemeat wouldn't it? I'm going to try it tomorrow! Thanks!

And lol at miss slinky cake!

I dunno, Cake. I guess so. It would be less syns without the mincemeat, but I don't know what the new total would be:confused: Don't you like mincemeat or don't you have it in? A few sultanas or dried cranberries or something would be nice.

Tuesday 15th November

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk (hexB + hexA)
pineapple and banana

Lunch:
jalapeno houmous
mixed bean salad
toast (hexB)
apple

Dinner:
bubble and squeak - sprouts, mash, syboes, quorn bacon (2 syns)
poached eggs
spinach
griddled pepper
pear
clementine

Snacks:
2 x carrot cake (3 syns)
oaty bar (4 syns)

Total syns: 9
Fluids: good
Exercise: none

Attachments

• DSCF3990.jpg
    DSCF3990.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCF3994.jpg
    DSCF3994.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 92
No mincemeat here and I did my weekly shop today lol. I'll bung in some raisins.

Oh big bums I don't have any honey either,,,,,I tend not to buy pure liquid sugar, too much for me to take lol. I may have to go out anyway then lol!

IloveCake - please let me know how you get on if you miss anything out. I keep thinking of making it because I've had rubbish results with scan bran cakes !).

Keep up the good week sausage. Slow and steady wins the race (or rather gets to target !).......:)

Gail x

I've had the ginger version of that carrot cake, it is v.v.nice!! I think there was a suggestion of adding some sweetner to some quark and having that as a topping to it. But I never tried that.

Anyway, just gate crashing your thread Sausage to drop off Rab C Reggie for Moz as I know she sometimes pops in here too. And I wouldnt want her to miss out on swanning about on minimins with her spanking new avatar. Do ya like his new ginger hair? :cool:

51v50j.jpg

I've had the ginger version of that carrot cake, it is v.v.nice!! I think there was a suggestion of adding some sweetner to some quark and having that as a topping to it. But I never tried that.

Anyway, just gate crashing your thread Sausage to drop off Rab C Reggie for Moz as I know she sometimes pops in here too. And I wouldnt want her to miss out on swanning about on minimins with her spanking new avatar. Do ya like his new ginger hair? :cool:

51v50j.jpg

I love scottish reggie! .... and the new outfit and accent suits his growly/grumpy nature.... "Ahm aff fur a pint o' heavy!"

Shhhhh I shouldn't be here, I'm doing mum stuff .... :eek:

My round plate (below) is only 8 inches on the non-painted, usable, bit. Is that big for a plate?

Yowza! :eek: Just measured my usual dinner plate (yes I am avoiding doing any work :eek: ) and it's 10.5 inches! I usually fill it pretty full :rolleyes:

The next plate size down I have is a Bunnykins plate and it is teeny and covered in bunnies! They might distract me!

Nooooooo DON'T EAT THE BUNNIES!!!! :eek: You pseudoveggie you! ;)

The bunnies are quite safe :D Going to stick with my lucky dinner plate from now on. I say "lucky" but I have been roughly the same weight since May :rolleyes: *tuts loudly*

Too lazy to update my diary at the mo. Will do it later. Mostly broccoli the last few days so nothing exciting.

Wednesday 16th November

Breakfast:
raspberries and banana

Lunch:
jalapeno houmous
mixed bean salad
toast (hexB)
apple
carrot cake (1.5 syns)

Dinner:
1/4 mushroom and lentil loaf topped with plastic cheese (hexA)
broccoli
courgette
pepper
mushrooms
sweetcorn
spinach
Nando's sweet chilli peri-peri sauce (2 syns)

Snacks:
carrot cake (1.5 syns)

Total syns: 5

It's official! Frozen raspberries and banana is now my favourite porridge topping. Now that I have downbranded my porridge and it is less than thruppence a bowl, I can buy even more raspberries. Yaay! :D

Attachments

• DSCF3996.jpg
    DSCF3996.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 82
Thursday 17th November

Breakfast:
raspberries and banana

Lunch:
cheese beano (hexA + hexB)
apple

Dinner:
noodles
broccoli
sweetcorn
mushrooms
Nando's sweet chilli peri-peri sauce (2 syns)

Snacks:
carrot cake (1.5 syns)
10 x peanuts (4 syns)
quavers (4.5 syns)

Total syns: 12

Friday 18th November

Breakfast:
raspberries and banana

Lunch:
quorn cheese burgers and relish (hexA + hexB + 3 syns)
apple

Dinner:
rat curry

Snacks:
doritos (7.5 syns)
crunchie (9.5 syns)

Total syns: 20

Found a box in the freezer with the word "rat" on it. Fingers crossed it was short for "ratatouille". Added spinach leaves, pickled onions and spices to make a curry.

Attachments

• DSCF4007.jpg
    DSCF4007.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 73
Hi Cjeb :)

Here is the carrot cake recipe. Will nip downstairs for the bean recipe...back in a mo.

11 Syns for the whole cake!

4 Scan Bran (crushed), soaked in hot water then mashed
1 weetabix (crushed)
5oz carrot (grated)
½ tsp mixed spice
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp mincemeat
1 tbsp runny honey
3 eggs (beaten)

Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Turn the mixture into a lined tin, cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for a further 30 mins. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.

I also add a couple of tsps of ground ginger. It is very Christmassy :D Great with custard and banana. Cut into 8 x 1.5 syn pieces, wrap individually in tinfoil and freeze if you fancy.

*waves to Lovely Air Hostess Lady* :D

mixed bean salad recipe

tin of mixed beans/pulses (drained)
spring onions
fresh mint
jalapenos (from a jar)
lemon/lime juice
tomatoes

Chop everything up and mix it together. Sorry, I don't have any quantities as I made it up myself. Just play it by ear and you can't go wrong :)

The bunnies are quite safe :D Going to stick with my lucky dinner plate from now on. I say "lucky" but I have been roughly the same weight since May :rolleyes: *tuts loudly*

Too lazy to update my diary at the mo. Will do it later. Mostly broccoli the last few days so nothing exciting.

LOL Sausage, I know that feeling. I have days which are mostly curry in a futile attempt to lose extra weight. I've done the extra broccoli thing too. The extremes we'll take hehe. I like the smaller plate idea, my portions are humungous but that's my appetite. If I see a pretty smaller plate I may follow your lead.

At this rate we'll be wasting away soon lol!:p

Back