Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

:D this is how I feel everytime I look at the cereal allowance :rotflmao::rotflmao:

So do you do as I did, and just think "<insert expletive of choice> it!" and then pour a more appropriate HexB and decide that that is fair and reasonable? or do you sadly eat the paltry serving? I know that I should do the latter, but I'm not going to and I'm not going to beat myself up about and I'm going to deliberately convince myself that what I pour is a HexB...... and yes, in time I will moan that weight isn't falling off me and that of course I follow all the rules to the letter! ;) :D I just follow my rules!

:D this is how I feel everytime I look at the cereal allowance :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Sausage - I have looked up Aldi beans for you - are they called Corale Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce? If so, panic not, they're free.

Thanks Beegee. You are a lamb :D I will be stocking up on beans today following another disastrous week. This from my weigh in thread...

1.5 lbs on this week. Still no mojo :(

I had a sore mouth early this week and couldn't eat much at all (big filling went pop and left me with a metal post sticking into my cheek for 2 days) I was so hungry! Dentist sorted it (temporarily) and I have since been eating everything in sight (on one side! lol)

I am doing very well thrifty-wise, but am still struggling to be obsessive about more than one thing at a time! I urgently need more spreadsheets!!! :eek:

Sunday 15th January

Brunch:
quorn burger (0.5 syn*)
cheese (2 syns)
roll (hexB)
ketchup (0.5 syn)

Dinner:
1/2 mushroom and lentil loaf (hexA)
roast potatoes and parsnips (hexB for oil)
mushy peas
pickled beetroot

Snacks:
milk (hexA)
orange

Total syns: 3
Fluids: good
Exercise: none

* Quick question for anyone in the know synswise. Farmfoods have changed my burgers. Used to get them 4 in a box and they were round and flat. Now they are only selling a poly bag of about 10 of them. They are quite chunky and oval. Any idea of the synnage in these ones? :confused:

No photo of tonight's dinner. The mushroom loaf was from the rogue batch I forgot to add eggs to. Looked more like mince! But still very tasty :p

Monday 16th January

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk (hexB + hexA)
banana

Lunch:
speedy soup
toast and jam (hexB + 2 syns)

Dinner:
quiche (courgette, pepper, shallots, sweetorn, peas)
1/2 pack M&S potato, tomato and mozzarella bake (7 syns?)
salad leaves and balsamic vinegar

Snacks:
more milk (hexA)
apple
orange

Total syns: 9

Feels great to have a couple of good days behind me. First time in ages :D

Attachments

• DSCF4126.jpg
    DSCF4126.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 47
Well done sausage, it does feel good to be on it properly doesn't it. I hope you can hang in there.

Another mouth problem by the way? Didn't you have something not so long ago when a tooth fell out? You must be keeping your dentist in business!

I've tried to look up your burgers but it was struggle enough to find Farmfoods ('Derrycamma Farm Foods Ltd' ??), then I searched 'burger' and nothing came up, then 'vegetable' and nothing came up. Mmm. Do you have the nutritional info and I can stick it through the calculator for you? I'm starting to think I can't actually use syns online as I also couldn't find your M&S bake thing. Is that its proper name? (clutching at straws ...)

Hope you have a good day tomorrow too x

Sorry to be vague, Beegee, they are official mycoprotein Quorn burgers. Not Farmfoods burgers. The poly bag is for 560g, but it only gives info for 100g rather than per burger. I don't know how many were in the full bag so I don't see how we can work it out :confused: Next time I buy a bag I will count them then shout for help. I have checked all the big supermarkets online and can't see this bag anywhere.

I am happy to take the hit of 7 syns for the M&S bake as it was so tasty :D Won't be buying it again though...I was duped into buying the dine in for £10 deal by my daughter's cunning plan to wheedle a bottle of wine out of me :rolleyes:

Tuesday 17th January

Breakfast:
banana

Lunch:
speedy soup
apple

Dinner:
quiche
cajun wedges
salad leaves
tomato
pickled beetroot
ketchup (2 syns)

Snacks:
2 x Aldi chocolate and orange bars (hex B)

Total syns: 2
Exercise: 20 mins kettlebells :bunnydance:

First swing of the year...I will feel it in the morning!! :eek:

Attachments

• DSCF4134.jpg
    DSCF4134.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 42
Hehehe...who would have thought you could burn so many calories by throwing your car keys in a bowl? :rolleyes:

Wednesday 18th January

Breakfast:
banana

Lunch:
speedy soup
apple

Dinner:
cajun stew
jalapenos
pasta
cheese (hexB)

Snacks:
none :confused:

Total syns: 0
Exercise: 40 mins Just Dance 1

OMG What a boring day!!! White pasta as I am out of wholewheat. Living on the edge :p

Attachments

• DSCF4140.jpg
    DSCF4140.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 39
Meals looking good sausage. I always count quorn burgers as 1syn. But I'm a syn guesser lol.

ILoveCake said:
Meals looking good sausage. I always count quorn burgers as 1syn. But I'm a syn guesser lol.

Nah. Q sausages a Syn but not the burgers.

How's things sausage? X

Hi Sofartogo! :) Thanks for popping in. I am having a good week, thanks. Finally getting my SW head on after weeks of eating rubbish. Got 2 new kettlebells this week which has got me all fired up. The Kettlenetics set from Sainsbury's sale (DVDs and a wee 4 lb bell) plus the 7.5 kg Aldi bell at last. Your stats are great - very consistent - well done :D

Thursday 19th January

Breakfast:
banana

Lunch:
roll (hexB)
quorn burger (0.5 syn)
beans
1/3 cheese (part hexA)

Dinner:
cajun stew
jalapenos
pasta
2/3 cheese (part hexA)

Snacks:
pineapple
ciabatta with mozzarella melted on top (mad syns - my daughter made too much for herself so I stepped up :eek:)

Total syns: dunno
Fluids: not great - forgot to take my water bottle to work
Exercise: Kettlenetics induction workout

Friday 20th January

Breakfast:
banana and pineapple

Lunch:
speedy soup

Dinner:
cajun stew
chips
cheese (hexB)

Snacks:
cajun wedges with ketchup (2 syns)
chocolate (8 syns)

Total syns: 10
Exercise: Kettlenetics "flowmotion" workout 20 mins - sweaty!

I managed to curb my regular Friday night munchies by actifying some wedges. Not ideal, but better than wine and crisps etc.

This week's result...

2.5 lbs off this week! I am delighted, plus I feel like I have new springs in my legs thanks to resuming exercise, so a nice wee non-scale victory too :D

Saturday 21th January

Brunch:
2 quorn sausages (2 syns)
2 fried eggs
beans
mushrooms
ketchup (1 syn)

Dinner:
beany veg curry
baked potato

Snacks:
milk (hexA)
2 x chocolate orange Aldi bars (hexB)
vodka and tonic and lime (5 syns)
hula hoops (6.5 syns)

Total syns: 14.5
Fluids: very diluted vodka, honest

The curry looks horrible, but was tasty. Just frozen ratatouille mixed with curry powder, fennel seeds and pickled onions. A lazy dinner :p

Attachments

• DSCF4141.jpg
    DSCF4141.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 57
Woo hoo well done on your fabulous weight loss this week Sausage! How funny I was just looking at the schwartz website for fennel ideas :)

silly sausage said:
This week's result...

Saturday 21th January

Brunch:
2 quorn sausages (2 syns)
2 fried eggs
beans
mushrooms
ketchup (1 syn)

Dinner:
beany veg curry
baked potato

Snacks:
milk (hexA)
2 x chocolate orange Aldi bars (hexB)
vodka and tonic and lime (5 syns)
hula hoops (6.5 syns)

Total syns: 14.5
Fluids: very diluted vodka, honest

The curry looks horrible, but was tasty. Just frozen ratatouille mixed with curry powder, fennel seeds and pickled onions. A lazy dinner :p

Oooh curry looks yum not horrible!!! :)

Great loss sausage well done!!! x

Back