Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

This week's result...

Morning all. Loads of great losses this week :D Sorry to be a party pooper, but I gained 5 pounds. Jeezo. I was off work and just grazing all week. Back to work tomorrow to a place where there is no food or temptation. On a positive note, I can now do my kettlebell workout without hurting the next day :D

Nuff said.

LOL Moz, you know you can buy mini hula hoops in a tub (or you used to be able to). Don't know if they sell them on your planet.

Back on plan!!! :rolleyes:

Sunday 23rd October

Brunch:
toast (hexB)
beans
fried egg

Dinner:
quarter of mushroom and lentil loaf (0.5 hexB)
spicy parsnip tagine (1 syn)
roast potatoes
fruit salad

Snacks:
milk (hexA)
1 x veggie Percy Pig (1.5 syns)
3 x walnut halves (0.5 hexB)

Total syns: 2.5
Fluids: good
Exercise: none

Attachments

• DSCF3905.jpg
    DSCF3905.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 142
Don't know if they sell them on your planet.

On my planet?? On my planet?? Cheek of the woman! :eek: :p :D To be totally honest I have no idea if they do sell them here, I don't recall seeing any... next time I'm stacking the crisp aisle I'll have a look.

I'm going to make mushroom and lentil loaf on Wednesday. I want it today but need to wait til payday to get the mushrooms. It's seriously yummy though!

Bad luck with weigh-in this week SS. It's a nightmare being out of routine. I fear I'll be heading the same way this week as we're on half term. Good luck this week now you're back at work x

Thanks Beegee :) So far so good this week.

Monday 24rd October

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk (hexB + hexA)
fruit salad

Lunch:
eggy bread (hexB)
beans
chilli ketchup (0.5 syn)
apple

Dinner:
beany ratatouille
baked potato
cheese (hexA)
fruit salad and fromage frais

Snacks:
2 x carrot cake (3 syns)
10 x peanuts (4 syns)

Total syns: 7.5

Attachments

• DSCF3911.jpg
    DSCF3911.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 34
Tuesday 25th October

Breakfast:
fruit salad

Lunch:
toast (hexB)
beans
quorn burger (0.5 syn)
cheese (hexA)
apple

Dinner:
quarter mushroom and lentil loaf (3 syns)
chips
mushy peas
pickled beetroot
ketchup (1 syn)

Snacks:
grapes
melon
carrot cake (1.5 syns)

Total syns: 6

Attachments

• DSCF3918.jpg
    DSCF3918.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 39
Looking good - straight back on plan - hooray!

I like the look of your beany ratatouille. Do you use aubergine in it? I can't for the life of me cook aubergine - especially to be SW friendly, so I hardly ever use it even though I quite like it. Any tips gratefully received!

Hi Beegee - I am not a big fan of aubergines so never buy them. The ratatouille is just basic veggie "red stuff" - onion, pepper, courgette, mushrooms, sweetcorn, tinned tomatoes, baked beans, kidney beans and spag bol oxo. I had a portion tonight - added a tin of chickpeas, pickled onions, curry powder and fennel seeds and called it curry!

Wednesday 26th October

Breakfast:
pineapple, banana, grapes

Lunch:
toast (hexB)
scrambled eggs
ketchup (0.5 syns)
apple

Dinner:
curry

Snacks:
3 x M&S bonbels (counting this as a hexA + 3 syns as I reckon they are just babybels in disguise)
...dunked in a tablespoon of pear and walnut chutney (no idea how to syn this as my mum made it. Will call it 5 syns?)

Total syns: 8.5
Exercise: kettlebell workout 20 mins

My cheese and chutney would have been a lot more enjoyable had a cat not been trying to wrestle the bonbels off me :mad:

Attachments

• DSCF3927.jpg
    DSCF3927.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 45
...dunked in a tablespoon of pear and walnut chutney (no idea how to syn this as my mum made it. Will call it 5 syns?)

Psssshaw! ... and Pffffft!! You should know very well that mother's don't syn! Angels we are..... therefore the mum-made chutney must be free! It's a theory anyway! :8855:

Thursday 27th October

Breakfast:
pineapple, banana, grapes

Lunch:
speedy soup
1/4 mushroom and lentil loaf with cheese melted on top (hexA)
apple

Dinner:
noodles
broccoli, sweetcorn, pepper, courgette, mushrooms
toasted flaked almonds (hexB)
Nando's sauce (3 syns)

Snacks:
2 x carrot cake (3 syns)

Total syns: 6

Attachments

• DSCF3930.jpg
    DSCF3930.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 32
Hi sausage! How are you doing hun? I'm plodding along, struggling to update my diary but I made cheese scones today and thought of you! Free on green. I'm having a spread the love cheese scone day lol!

Any new must try recipes that I need to know about lol? I loved your lentil loaf, omnom!

Ohhh tagine, my sort of comfort food! Ty, off for a nosey now.

The scones are so good, they don't taste at all like smash, they tasted warming and filling, great for snacking or mixing into meals. That's why I used tesco value smash because smash isn't really my thing. My husband was trying to guess the ingredients and he couldn't....he hates cottage cheese I was laughing my arse off! Cruel aren't I!?

I just saw your pic, amazing!!! Your's were slightly neater than mine and yours looked amazing with your cajun stew!
So are you now a instant smash convert? It doesn't taste at all like smash does it...the cheesiness amazed me.

Excuse me I'm on the vodka and no food yet so my tongue is going numb! Remind me of this if I get a gain lol!

I thought the cheesy scones and cajun stew dinner was missing something :hmm:

Yep, it was wine! LOL I am remedying that now :p You didn't mention in your recipe how many the batch served....so I scoffed the lot. Oink oink. If I have a gain at weigh in tomorrow morning, I will be pointing a chubby finger at you, Cake! :p x

I also made the scones tonight, they are sooooooooooooooooooo nice :drool: I am going to have to go to asda tomorrow for some more cottage cheese

good luck for tomorrow's weigh in Sausage, I shall be keeping my beady little eye out for your result :D

LMAO!!!! @chubby finger! When I made a batch I made 7 (I think) and shared them as a snack with my family of 6! But as a meal well you are allowed! They are filling, you must have felt satisfied after! You could make a batch and only cook half and put the other half in the fridge for a day or two. You can't eat them raw lol! I'm yet to know what they are like served cold, nothing lasts that long in my house.

All last night I was dreaming about making small ones and rolling them in frylight and pureed garlic to make dough balls. It was killing me lol!

Bluesmartie, they are soooo good aren't they. I'm going to kiss my consultant for that recipe on Monday,

Back