Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

Right, Mrs Cake. Prepare to be pointed at!

Morning all :)

I STS this week. Was on course for a wee loss all week, but had a piggy dinner last night and it is still in there lol Not worried. It was worth it :D

LOL nothing to do with the wine obviously :eek:

Let us know how the garlic dough balls go. I will definitely have to do something about my portion control next time :rolleyes:

Friday 28th October

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk (hexB + hexA)
banana and grapes

Lunch:
speedy soup
cheese beano (hexA + hexB)
apple

Dinner:
noodles
broccoli, sweetcorn, pepper, courgette, mushrooms
Nando's sauce (3 syns)

Snacks:
discos (7.5 syns)
2 x carrot cake (3 syns)

Total syns: 13.5
Fluids: good
Exercise: none

Saturday 29th October

Brunch:
toast (hexB)
scrambled eggs
beans
ketchup (0.5 syns)

Dinner:
quorn sausage and mixed bean cajun stew
cheesy scones
cheese (hexB)

Snacks:
milk (hexA)
wine (18 syns)
discos (7.5 syns)

Total syns: 26

Attachments

• DSCF3941.jpg
    DSCF3941.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 50
My lovely mermaid-haired friend, Honey39 from the Sunday thread, gave this amazing recipe to try. Wow...

Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili | GreenLiteBites

...it is seriously delicious!

I made a couple of wee changes. The recipe used a massive sweet potato. I used 500g of peeled little oddbod sized ones. I couldn't get black beans, so used a tin of mixed pulses. I threw in a green pepper that was going a-begging and a handful of frozen sweetcorn. I used a couple of garlic cloves instead of powder.

I served it with brown rice and pea guacamole.

To make pea guacamole...

200g of frozen peas (any more and they wont fit into my mini chopper!) - boiled for a moment then cooled in cold water
1 clove of garlic
1 red chilli (or a few jalapenos from a jar)
juice of a lemon
pinch of cumin
pinch of coriander (powder)
salt and pepper

Whizz it all together then add a de-seeded tomato to the chopper and whizz again.

Attachments

• DSCF3962.jpg
    DSCF3962.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 33
Sunday 30th October

Brunch:
2 x Cauldron sausages (1 syn)
toast (hexB)
beans
fried egg
mushrooms
ketchup (1 syn)

Dinner:
sweet potato and mixed bean chilli
wholegrain rice
pea guacamole

Snacks:
milk (hexA)
6 x walnut halves (hexB)
carrot cake (1.5 syns)
grapes

Total syns: 3.5

I might give that sweet potato/beany chilli thing a whirl it sounds/looks yummy and not too expensive especially as I have some sweet potatoes in the fridge. I'm not sure how they got there, I didn't buy them :eek: Is the cilantro important? what is cilantro? I'm a dimwit :rotflmao: ..... and is it really 3 tsp chilli powder? mine is ever so hot and if I used 3tsp I might not survive the experiment :eek:

Cilantro is foreign for coriander :p Can't stand the leafy stuff, but the powdered stuff works well in this recipe. Yes, 3 tsp of chilli...just don't heap them too high! Honestly, it was very flavoursome, but it didn't make my nose run.

I have to go to sleep now :( Laters x

Night night, sleep well! I'm just going to catch up on some threads, finish my tea and then get down to housework - oh joy!!

Good heavens, those scones look amazing! I've only been away for a few days and everything has gone scone mad. I'm off to find this thread and get me some scone action! Glad the sts was worth it x

LMAO @ scone action! Welcome back Beegee :D

Monday 31th October

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk and a scan bran (hexB + hexA)

Lunch:
banana sandwich (hexB)
carrot cake (1.5 syns)

Dinner:
sweet potato and mixed bean chilli
wholegrain rice
pea guacamole

Snacks:
Halloween swizzlefest :eek:
double lollies, love hearts, parma violets etc...off the chart.

Total syns: who knows

I feel poisoned today after my swizzlefest. Eating crap really does take its toll the next day. I obviously cannot be trusted to eat one, so will try to avoid completely for the foreseeable. Got some nuts for healthy, synful, snacks for the rest of the week. Also adding a scan bran this week to see if it makes any difference. New month/new brain.

Hi Roziee! Would you like my recipe?

a banana
2 bits of bread

Careful not to mash the banana though as it turns into a mars bar or something when you do. Better to slice it. Hope that helps :p

How are you today? Have you started your new job?

Ooh banana sandwich, I used to love that - 2 thick bits of bread, lots of peanut butter and a banana. Was it weird to add peanut butter?! Happy days.

Sorry you over-indulged yesterday but I don't think it will have done too much harm. There's no fat in that stuff, just sugar. I think sugar is fairly harmless compared to eating an equivalent weight of say - butter. (Does that make any sense?!) Guess we'll find out whether I'm totally wrong on sunday when you weigh in! If you net a loss I may get myself down to the swizzell shop, so fingers crossed ...

A banana sandwich? Hehe I love a mashed banana on buttered bread... Yum!

It's yonks since I had a banana sandwich - not since childhood in fact!! Which was back almost in the age of the dinosaurs :rotflmao:

Hi Roziee! Would you like my recipe?

a banana
2 bits of bread

Careful not to mash the banana though as it turns into a mars bar or something when you do. Better to slice it. Hope that helps :p

:rotflmao: I feel a rebellion coming on and a fork poised to mash! Bananas are coming down in price here now - give it a few more weeks and I can have my first banana since February and when I do have one, I'm going to mash it!! Living life on the edge as always :p

Ahhhhhh a buttery mashed banana sandwich...heavenly, especially with mashed banana on one side and nutella on the other.....on white bread....of course......SLOWELY KILLING ME PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

Sausage, swizzels, hehe. there were celebrations going at my house, I had 3 before I started shouting like a mad woman' take the box away, take it away I'm about to become out of control'. Only people on here can understand that feeling lol. Honestly the malteser celebrations were melting like pure velvet on my tongue.

:eek: What is all this talk of mashed banana? You should know that having a mashed banana instead of a sliced one is the SW equivilent of harming poor sweet innocent kittens, you bunch of rebels :p

:eek: What is all this talk of mashed banana? You should know that having a mashed banana instead of a sliced one is the SW equivilent of harming poor sweet innocent kittens, you bunch of rebels :p

.... and every time you mash a banana a fairy dies :cry: I kill fairies - waaaaaaaahhhhh

Oh Lordi! :eek:

I posted about my simple banana sandwich - nekkid wholemeal bread and a sliced banana :angel09:

Now my lunch has been turned into a Christmas Day at Elvis's house fantasy - white bread, butter, nutella, peanut butter, mashed banana and a side order of fried fairies!! :eek:

Back