Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

Rubbish week this week. My meals were good. Eating out of the freezer mainly - spag bol, cajun stew and curry. But loads of extras. My daughter made swiss roll at school this week. I have to support her education :rolleyes: by eating it. It was also my nephew's birthday. Be rude not to eat his chocolate cake. The ongoing swizzlefest and doritos were all my fault.

Will be cooking for my freezer again this weekend. I like having homemade readymeals available, plus the portion control of the little plastic boxes is good for me. Expecting a gain tomorrow. At least it is not an unexpected gain. I would hate one of those.

St Smartie has suggested I join her in the 777 challenge this week to get me back on track. (((Smartie)))

7 syns
7 speed/superspeed
7 glasses of water (approx 2 litres)

Sounds like an excellent idea to give me focus! :D

Hehe at the poor fairies!

Sausage, loving your firework avatar. Are you having a good week? My week has been a bit lazy. I think I'm just a bit tired of concentrating so hard on food. I'm not sure it will help at weigh in but I am more chilled lol.

I've just made a 777 challenge grid to stick on my fridge so I can tick off all the drinks/speed foods and syns as I eat/drink them :D

There is something quite satisfying about ticking things as you achieve them :cool:

Hi Cake - my peas have their own personal stylist (Blue Smartie). She made the Halloween and fireworks avatars for me :D

I almost had a perfect 777 day, but have just worked out I had 3 hexBs by mistake so will have to syn something. Jeezo. I thought if I was good at this I would avoid Smartie's threat of bum rockets :eek:

Here goes anyway...

Saturday 5th November

Brunch:
2 quorn sausages (olde)
toast (hexB)
beans
fried egg
mushrooms
ketchup (0.5 syns)

Dinner:
spicy parsnip tagine (hexB for apricots)
feta couscous (hexA)
jalapeno houmous

Snacks:
milk (hexA)
carrot cake (1.5 syns)
5 x walnut halves (5 syns)
4 x dark rye ryvitas with jalapeno houmous, cottage cheese, pickled beetroot and pickled onions (6 syns grrr)

Total syns: 13
Fluids: good
Exercise: none

Attachments

• DSCF3965.jpg
    DSCF3965.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 24
St Smartie has suggested I join her in the 777 challenge this week to get me back on track. (((Smartie)))

7 syns
7 speed/superspeed
7 glasses of water (approx 2 litres)

Sounds like an excellent idea to give me focus! :D

I'm just relieved it's not a 666 challenge :eek: All a bit too omen-esque for me :rotflmao: as it is 777 just sounds like too much effort for me! Perhaps I should do it though .... would be good for me. *sighs*

Bluesmartie, clever little fireworks!

Sausage, jalepeno humous..............post me some lol! I'm thinking sw crisps and jalepeno humous to get me through xfactor while the troops munch on doritos and fullfat humous!

Bluesmartie, clever little fireworks!

Thankyou :D *takes bow* I'll be doing Christmas avatars soon ... so if you want one Cakey just gate crash Sausages thread and ask for one - an idea of what you would like also helps as after the 10th one I sort of run out of ideas lol :)

I gained half a pound this week which is a great result considering!

Moz - the 777 is appealing to me as I have just spent a week doing SW with my eyes closed and shovelling swizzles in without a care. Having to count everything and having a fridge chart will make me anal and obsessive about SW for a week and hopefully give me back my focus. Fancy it?

Cake - I prefer the syn free jalapeno houmous now to the shop bought stuff. I have seen recipes here for a roasted pumpkin one and (I think) a roasted red peppers one. Make a syn-free X Factor grazing trough and your family will be crazy jealous.

Smartie - ahem...before Christmas, my peas were hoping to be Highland dancing in their wee St Andrew's Day kilts :D

They look really nekkid now! :eek:

16jhg7m.jpg

No hurry. St Andrew's Day isn't until the 30th. You spend your time ironing your goony and mortar board and don't be dressing my peas this week :nono:

I am making lasagne for tonight and batch cooking for the freezer :angel09:

Oh thank you thank you, Smartiebob! :D My Remembrance Day peas are so elegant and tasteful and my St Andrew's Day peas are raring to go! Hoots! You are a superstar x

Plans for my lasagne were scuppered today when I discovered I had no lasagne :eek: Did a cheesy quark topped pasta veg thing instead. Seems I should be drinking plain water in the 777 challenge so will get on to that tomorrow.

Sunday 6th November

Breakfast:
2 quorn sausages (olde)
beans
fried egg
mushrooms
ketchup (0.5 syns)

Lunch:
BNS and carrot soup
apple

Dinner:
cheesy quark topped pasta veg thing (hexB)
salad leaves

Snacks:
milk (hexA)
9 x hazelnuts (hexB)
15 x peanuts (6 syns)
1 x panda liquorice (0.5 syns)
clementine

Total syns: 7
Fluids: good
Exercise: none

Attachments

• DSCF3969.jpg
    DSCF3969.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 40
Looking good there Sausage, and well done on the 777 challenge. I must admit I have never peed so much :eek: I really dont think I have been drinking enough previously. I've been drinking NAS squash and counting that - I cant drink the water here, I'm in a really hard water area.

I think you will be fine with a NAS and Calgon cocktail :D Our tap water is lovely fortunately. Will have a couple of glasses before each meal and a wee bottle at work. Sounds dead easy when you think of it like that.

I only came up here to switch off the computer. Nanight Smartie :) x

Smartie - ahem...before Christmas, my peas were hoping to be Highland dancing in their wee St Andrew's Day kilts :D

Oooh St Andrew's Day .... Reggie in a kilt would look dashing! Knowing my luck though smartie would end up with a caber sticking out Reggie's rear end :eek: :rotflmao:

Poor Smartie, you'll have no time for job seeking and looking after yourself if you find yourself doing avatars for us all the time ... it's a full-time occupation in itself! except you only get paid in laughter and appreciation :p :D

Good weigh in result Sausage, I told you that sweets didn't count because there was no fat in them!

Menus are looking good, 777 challenge sounds a bit grim in that it's more rules to follow (although I probably almost do it without noticing!) so good luck with getting firmly back on the wagon x

Monday 7th November

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk and scan bran (hexB + hexA)
frozen mixed berries

Lunch:
BNS and carrot soup
feta and plum jam butty (hexA + hexB + 2 syns)
apple, clementine, banana

Dinner:
leftover cheesy quark topped pasta veg thing (hexA or B)
salad leaves
melon

Snacks:
2 x carrot cake (3 syns)
grapes

Total syns: Eleven! OMG I cannae count AGAIN! :cry:
Fluids: very good
Exercise: 20 min kettlebell workout

When I was planning my lunch, I forgot there was a hex in my dinner. I can't even count to seven! :confused: Apart from that, I drank all my water and ate loads of speedy foods. A partial success.

Back