• 2x white toast (5)
  • 2x 10g pat butter (7)
  • Tea
Dinner - 0630
  • Bran flakes
  • Milk
  • Blackberries (S)
  • Activia
Night shift messes with my eating so bad but think I've managed to curb the carb cravings!! Wish I'd saved SYNS for crisps though!!!

March 20th 2016 - SUNDAY - night shift

HEXA - 30g cheddar
HEXB - 3x Ryvita
SYNS - 14.5

Breakfast - 1800 - 6

• Baked potato
  • Cheddar
  • Tuna with EL Mayo (1)
  • Side salad (S)
  • Squares (5)
Lunch - 0100 - 3.5
  • Chicken breast
  • Pasta
  • Salad (S)
  • Balsamic dressing (0.5)
  • Alpen Bar (3)
Dinner - 0830 - 5
  • 2x Boiled egg
  • Ryvita
  • 2x Dairylea (4)
  • Apple (S)
  • Skyr yoghurt (1)
  • Blackberries (S)

Last edited:
WEIGH IN

WEIGHT 103.5kg

Week 1 - 2.5kg
Week 2 - 1.6kg
Week 3 / STS
Week 4 - 0.6kg
Week 5 + 2.7kg
Week 6 - 4.1kg
Week 7 - 1.9kg
Week 8 - 0.2kg
Week 9 - 0.1kg

Week 10 + 0.3kg

Week 11 - 2.5kg

Really happy today, it's been star week and night shift all weekend so I think that's pretty impressive! Proud of myself! Having a cheeky Chinese tonight to celebrate!

March 21st 2016 - MONDAY - day off (finished night shift at 0800!)

Slept from 1030 to 1530.

HEXA - 250ml milk
HEXB - 35g fruit and fibre
SYNS - not counted

Breakfast - 1600

• Fruit and fibre
  • Milk
  • Blood orange (S)
  • Coffee
Dinner - 1900
  • 2x prawn toast
  • 2x garlic ribs
  • 1/2 Beef in BBQ sauce
  • 1/4 Rice
  • 1/4 Chips
Dessert
  • Malteasers
  • Tea
Evening off! Not synning but didn't eat much all day as I was night shift and slept most of the afternoon, and went back to bed at 11pm! Hopefully won't show too much on the scales this week, it was amazing! And just want I needed after working all weekend!

Last edited:
March 22nd 2016 - TUESDAY - day off

HEXA - 85ml milk, 2x Dairylea triangles
HEXB - 3x Ryvita

SYNS - 14.5

Breakfast - 6.5
  • Watermelon (S)
  • Coffee with a dash of HEXA
  • 3x hash browns (6)
  • Mushrooms and tomatoes (S)
  • RF tomato ketchup (0.5)
Lunch - 1
  • 3x Ryvita
  • 2x Dairylea
  • Pasta and sauce (1) (made with water and a dash of my HEXA!)
  • 1x plum (S)
  • Blood orange (S)
Dinner - 1
  • Trout
  • Crispy potatoes
  • Brocolli and green beans (S)
  • 1/2 tbsp Hollandaise mixed with a dash of my HEXA (1)
Dessert - 6
  • Tea with milk (1)
  • Tunnocks teacake (5)

Last edited:
March 23rd 2016 - WEDNESDAY - day off

HEXA - 15g cheddar, 125ml milk
HEXB - Hovis wholemeal thin
SYNS - 14.5

Breakfast - 4
  • Pink grapefruit, blood orange (S)
  • Coffee
  • Wholemeal thin
  • 2 tsp Whole Earth peanut butter (3)
  • 2 tsp raspberry jam (1)
Probably one of the best breakfasts I've had since starting Slimming World!

Lunch - 0.5
  • Lettuce, red pepper, red onion, pickled cabbage (S)
  • Slow cooker shredded ham
  • Handful cooked pasta
  • 15g cheddar cheese
  • 1 tbsp Balsamic dressing (0.5)
Snack
  • 1x clementine, 1/2 Apple (S)
  • Activia
  • 1/2 cup of tea
Suddenly felt so sick had to abandon! Feeling fine now tho!

Dinner - 2
  • Prawn fried rice
  1. Rice
  2. Prawns
  3. Soy sauce
  4. Egg
  5. Spring onion, brocolli, mange tout, garlic (S)
  6. 1.5 tbsp sweet chilli (2)
Dessert - 8
  • Tea
  • Tea cake (5)
  • 2x Lindor eggs (3)

Last edited:
March 24th 2016 - THURSDAY - day off

HEXA - 125ml milk, 15g cheddar
HEXB - wholemeal thin

SYNS 14

Breakfast - 4

• Grapefruit and blood orange (S)
  • Coffee
  • Wholemeal thin
  • 2 tsp peanut butter (3)
  • 2 tsp jam (1)
Snack - 3
  • 2x brownie bites (3)
Trying and failing to make SW brownies, 2 batches - 1st awful, 2nd not great!! Wasted 3 syns for not great brownies :mad:

Lunch - 2
  • Lettuce, red pepper, pickled cabbage, red onion (S)
  • Pulled ham
  • Cheese
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbsp thousand island (2)
Snacks
  • Strawberries
Dinner
  • homemade KFC chicken
  • SW chips
  • Salad (S)
  • Corn on the cob
  • Homemade BBQ sauce
Dessert - 5
  • Tea
  • Freddo (5)

Last edited:
Hiya
I've not been on but looks like you are doing really well. I tries SW brownies and the SW no syn roulade thing and hate the taste of both. I prefer to just go for a nibble of a proper brownie and syn it. Stopping at a nibble is the problem for me! I try to cut brownies and cookies into small pieces and freeze them.
Hows the trying for pregnancy going? I just had my 21 day blood test and booked in for day 1 blood test haven't broke it to my hubby that he has to go get his swimmers checked yet!

Yeah that's what I ended up doing, it's silly getting rubbish taste to try and save a couple of syns!

Well done for taking those steps, I do think the test for the boys is the worst, I cried when we had to do my husband haha! Drove him to the hospital and cried all the way there, completely overwhelmed by the whole thing! Blood tests are easy in comparison!

We have just been referred to fertility clinic, but need to lose more weight and get some more blood tests done! Going to be a bit of an uphill struggle but even more incentive to keep going! My BMI needs to be below 30 before they will consider IVF but I'm sure there is more to try before going for IVF! I hope so anyway! Struggling a bit more than normal with things but just need to keep my chin up! My best friend just had a beautiful baby boy, it is so difficult not to feel jealous but just need to enjoy my life now before the ties of children come along!

Good luck with your blood tests, let me know how you get on!

I know what its like to obsess over pregnancy. I'm an obsessive kind of person and I made myself miserable for about 4years wanting a baby but my partner didn't, I thought about babies everyday and even seeing people pushing prams made me more depressed. In the end my periods stopped for 3 years and I thought it was the end. It got too much and my partner and I split up. I would have had ivf if I had a partner, when I was single I tried to foster and adopt but I rented and my arsehole of a landlord wouldnt give permission, so I was about to move house when I met a new partner. I was 'honest' with him from the start and told him I couldn't have kids, two months later I was pregnant.
I spent 6 years a miserable mess, I know how it can take over your life. My obsessiveness is now working on our Florida holiday, I've itinerised until every second of our day is accounted fit, and its on my mind every day. The brain just hasn't adjusted to not thinking about something all the time, I'm not sure what my brain will do in its spare time when I've been on my hols.
I really hope your fertility treatment goes well, your lucky in many ways, not every woman has a man willing to go through it.

I am also very obsessive, babies are in my mind 100% and it's so difficult watching others go through pregnancy and babies when I haven't had a chance yet. I'm positive the losing weight will be my saving grace, as I have no other fertility problems diagnosed except low progesterone which can come with obesity so hopefully that is what I need to do. The healthier I am, the better for my future Children. Just need to stop comparing myself with others. I'm only 28. I have so much time, and need to enjoy life with my husband, and the cat haha! Thanks for your message, I am so pleased to see you got what you wanted after so many years!

March 25th 2016 - FRIDAY - night shift

HEXA - 125ml milk, 15g Parmesan
HEXB - Wholemeal thin

SYNS - 19

Night shift again this weekend, will be counting from when I wake up to sleep so a bit all over the place, and always end up eating loads on the day I start since I'm up all day and night!!

Breakfast - 0800 - 0

• Fruit salad of apple, strawberries and blood orange (S)
  • Coffee
At a friend's for lunch visiting her new baby, luckily I provided the lunch so kept it nice and slimming world friendly (with some added treats for the others!)

Lunch - 1300 - 9

• Salad (S)
  • BBQ chicken
  • 5x cocktail sausage (5)
  • 2 tbsp RF Humous (3)
  • 4 olives stuffed with garlic (1)
Snack - 1400 - 5
  • 25g Pop Chips (5)
Dinner - 1800 - 0
  • BBQ Pulled Pork
  • Baked potato
  • Salad (S)
Lunch - 0200 - 1
  • Tuna with EL Mayo (1)
  • Salad (S)
  • 15g Parmesan
  • Pasta
Breakfast - 0700 - 4
  • Wholemeal thin
  • 2 tsp peanut butter (3)
  • 1 tsp jam (1)
  • Apple
Probably going to go a little over my syns today but will be under the next 2 days so will be fine!

Last edited:
I am 37 and the scary thing is I just started spotting in between periods which can be an indicator of early menopause, eek. It can also be a sign of alot of other nasty things so waiting for the test results. I'm sure getting the swimmers checked isn't so bad as what I have had to get done recently. Good to know it wouldn't be at the Drs though, I was starting to wonder! Also good tip on the magic BMI number, I am messing about right on that 30 mark and that's in the morning before any breakfast in the nud!
I have never really felt the urge or obsessiveness but once you think your bits are shriveling up you don't half get a panic on! If its impossible, I think I just want to know and then I can go and get a few more cats!

March 26th 2016 - SATURDAY - night shift

HEXA - nothing!
HEXB - nothing!
SYNS - 12

Dinner - 1800 - 1.5
  • Stir fry veg (S)
  • Noodles
  • Chicken breast
  • 1 tbsp hoisin (1.5)
Snack - 2300 - 3.5
  • Mini creme egg (2.5)
  • small piece of Easter egg (1)
Lunch - 0330 - 7
  • Lettuce, cucumber (S)
  • Tuna and EL Mayo (1)
  • Pasta
  • Milkybar mousse (4)
  • Raspberries (S)
  • 2x chocolate eclairs (2)
Too much chocolate around at work tonight, and no breakfast or Healthy Extras! Oops!

Last edited:
March 27th 2016 - SUNDAY - night shift

HEXA - 250ml milk
HEXB - Wholemeal thin
SYNS - 13

Breakfast

• Prawn curry (S)
  • Rice
Lunch - 5
  • Mugshot
  • Apple (S)
  • Squares (5)
Snack - 4
  • Milky bar mouse (4)
  • Raspberries (S)
Breakfast - 4
  • Wholemeal thin
  • 2 tsp Peanut butter (3)
  • 2 tsp jam (1)
  • Banana
Very glad this week is over! Hoping for a good loss tomorrow!!

Are mini creme eggs only 2.5 syns?? Wish I'd known that, could have had 3 of thoses to one big one lol
I hope your tests come out ok Emma, have you been tested for PCOS (sometimes if you pop a cyst it can cause pain and spotting). I'm 32, hopefully the biological clock will keep ticking a little while longer.
Just got back from a night back home and was secretly told that 2 out of 3 of my best mates are pregnant ba****D's :)

Last edited:
Yeah! 50 Cals per egg! Amazing wee treat! Aw it's so frustrating when others get pregnant, 2 of my best friends are on their 2nd babies and a 3rd just had her first! So jealous! But at least I get lots of cuddles at the moment!

WEIGH IN

WEIGHT 102.1kg

Week 1 - 2.5kg
Week 2 - 1.6kg
Week 3 / STS
Week 4 - 0.6kg
Week 5 + 2.7kg
Week 6 - 4.1kg
Week 7 - 1.9kg
Week 8 - 0.2kg
Week 9 - 0.1kg
Week 10 + 0.3kg

Week 11 - 2.5kg
Week 12 - 1.5kg

Another decent loss considering I've been night shift all weekend! NANDOS for a treat tonight! Yes!!! Won't be having treat meals once I'm off nights but on nights I just need it! I've worked hard!!!

March 28th 2016 - MONDAY - day off

HEXA - 45g Halloumi
HEXB - 2x Alpen light bars
SYNS - 14.5

Slept 0900-1400

Breakfast - 1500
  • 2x Alpen light bars
  • Grapefruit and red orange (S)
Dinner - 1800 - treat time! - 14.5
  • NANDOS!!
  1. Butterfly chicken (3)
  2. 1/2 portion Chips (7)
  3. 3 wings (skin removed) (4.5)
  4. Salad (S)
  5. Halloumi (my own!)

Last edited:
Well done for the loss. When you said you were going to Nandos I thought you were going for a blowout off plan meal. Well done for staying within the syn range! I am a bit SW app mad at the moment after finding out that the syns I have been using were wrong (time and recipe changes etc) I am checking everything. Nandos butterfly chicken plain with skin 3 syns and nandos peri-peri chicken wings 1.5/piece according to the app, I hope you that's useful :)

Back