Sbridge7 steps up the plans and to maintenance :) I'm below goal!!!

Still 2.2lbs above lowest weight; really annoying. Think it could be water retention as yesterday it went down by a pound and now it's back up. I don't think the rolls I'm having for my quorn burgers are agreeing with me as when I had noodles the scales dropped back down. Also need to stop picking at fruit. I know it's not as bad as it could be, but it's definitely above 70kcals of what I'm allowed. But at least it's fruit. I haven't deviated from the plan besides adding in a bit more fruit, so hoping it's all just glycogen and not fat. I haven't eaten over 3500kcals of fruit, so it can't be. Also sick with a cold and totm hasn't come, it's not due for another week but I keep getting twinges and since being on CD they come more frequently. Hope scales will show a loss when it does come. Going to try to stop picking at fruit; I must curb the habit. I'm off out tomorrow to Ask for my friend's birthday; already looked at menu and will be ordering a prawn salad (prawns with lettuce, red onions and cherry tomatos with a lemon and chilli dressing). Felt that was a better choice than the chicken caesar due to the dressing. Will stick to water and diet coke. Hope you're all well xx

It'll be the cold Shantel, mucks things up definately I find. Drink lots and don't worry about it, it'll all settle down again. xx

Hey hun

Sounds to me like you are doing just fine. A little bit of extra fruit won't hurt at all. Water retention is quite common as you move through the plans and introduce new foods and carbs back into your diet. To be honest water retention from time to time is still something I suffer with and there are particular types of food, eg bread which always trigger it for me. Keep doing what you are doing and it will sort itself out.

Gx

Thanks everyone.
Thanks Porgeous, I really needed that reassurance as sometimes it is so disheartening. This morning I woke up and over a pound has come off; really happy about that. Still 0.8lbs over but I can live with that as my totm is due this week.

On Saturday, I went out for my friend's birthday to a Pizza place; usually I order the Calzone, as I love it so much. But I only had a prawn salad. I was so happy that I managed to control myself. Again, there was Birthday cake and I didn't want any but my friend insisted I had some so I had a few tiny forkfuls of a piece with my friend. It was so little, about the size of a 50 pence piece, if not smaller. I made a decision not to have anymore. I was so chuffed. It felt like a big step for me.

Still following 1200, but moving to 1500 tomorrow. Not worried that I'm 0.8lbs above target as totm is coming soon so it will all even out. Having a dilemma about 1500. It says to have 100kcal snack of 2 chocolate biscuits/pancakes/cocktail sausages, Could I substitute that for 100kcal of rice cakes/low fat reduced cream crackers? They're 33kcals each, so if I had 3 it would amount to that. I know we should follow the plans, but I don't think substituting it for rice cakes/cream crackers will make much more difference unless it's put there specifically.

Hope you're all well. Will pop in your diaries when I have more time soon xx

I've decided to start 1500 today; following the plan from book. Weighed in at 10:8.4 so still slight over my lowest weight but not to worry, totm hasn't arrived yet.

Breakfast

- 50g Muesli (178kcals)
- Milk from allowance

Lunch
- Pita Bread (141 kcals)
- Homous (125 kcal)
- Cucumber, cherry tomatos
- Activia Fat Free Raspberry Yoghurt (77 kcals)

Dinner
-Fish in butter sauce (130kcals)
-50g spaghetti (166 kcals)
-Side salad

Desert
-100g strawberries (25 kcals)
-Meringue nest (52 kcals)
-Greek Yoghurt (55 kcals)

Snack
- 1 fat reduced cream cracker with scraping of light cheese spread (40kcals), 2 salt and vinegar rice cakes (56 kcals) = (96kcals)
- Apple (92kcals)
- CD pack (143 kcals)

Drinks
-3/4 pint of Milk (155kcal)
-2l pure water
-Squash

Total calories: 1465 kcals

Calories should come out to be around 1500, but will add in values of items I do not know later x

Last edited:
Well done! Sounds brilliant to me. :D

Hey there

Up to 1500, sounds fab, I can't remember which level it was that quorn burgers with apple salad was allowed but I loved it!

About your earlier question on the snacks, I don't think it would make much difference if you substituted rice cakes or similar, is it that you don't like the choices... I always thought they were too much effort so just increased the amount of fruit I had!

Good luck and enjoy 1500!!!

xx

You're doing fab honey, the menu looks gorgeous!

xxx

Thanks Bess, Katy, Porgeous! I, too, loved the Quorn Burgers; pretty much ate the for most of the time I was on 1200.

1500 went well today; went shopping and picked up some yoghurt and salt and vinegar rice cakes to use as my snack (28kcals each!) instead of the options. I love cream crackers, used to really love them, but so glad I managed to resist temptation and just have the one. Thought the salt and vinegar rice cakes would be a problem as they are so moreish, but fingers crossed so far so good.

I sweetened by Greek yoghurt with sweetener and it was divine especially with the meringue nest and strawberries. I'd never have even considered trying that prior CD. I'm really enjoying it and remembering that it is not about how many mouthfuls you have but the quality of each taste. Hope you're all well. Off to do some uni work now, it's never ending. Will catch up with you all v. soon x

I'm impressed and learning lots! xx

Thanks Bess! Scales have moved down by 0.2lbs so only 0.6lbs above lightest weight. Just drinking my 1st litre of water before I have my breafast. Menu is going to be the same as yesterday but will use some frozen rapsberries instead of strawberries for desert and will have a cherry flavoured yoghurt.

Have a good day everyone xx

Wahey - you are doing fab. Great work there :)

Re your question of chocolate biscuits or crackers, I think if you are learning to eat in moderation with either, you are doing great. Learning to think more about what I was eating and have a plan was so important to the success of maintenance the second time around. Eating a small amount of a known trigger food is still quite a bizarre concept.

Thanks Laura. It does feel good to be able just to have 3 rice cakes and put them down. I'm trying to teach myself that nothing is bad food, everything is okay in moderation.

I really want to get some exercise in, will have a go on my bike later. It's lovely and sunny and I'd love to go out for a walk but I have so much work to do and assignments it's not possible.

I've just realised since I've returned to conventional eating, I never feel full. I'm not hungry either. I just feel neutral. I remember there was something about a scale of hunger rated from 1 to 10 and it suggested never to let yourself get too hungry or full. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing. In the past, I remember always breaking diets because I could never feel full, but I was never hungry just unsatisfied. When I've finished these two weeks, I will definitely play around with more protein. Anyways better do some more work. Have a good day everyone x

OMG Shantel - you are sailing through the plans! I'm so pleased for you! I don't think it makes any difference to swap the treats for something different. I think the reason the treats are in the plan is to gently introduce "treat foods" back into our diets and we all have differing opinions of what constitutes a treat (for me a coctail sausage would be a punishment ;))...

You'll shed those last few ounces in no time!

Fabulous attitude there :)

I aim for feeling neutral too but still sometimes like that 'full' feeling. I'm still working on that as I've realised my 'full' is actually about 500 calories more than I actually need unfortunately :rolleyes:

There was a 1 - 10 hunger scale thing somewhere here I saw the other day, maybe in LL somewhere?

Keep going :)

Hey everyone,
This is just a quick post. My totm finally came and I popped on the scales and I'm now 10:6.6!!! 0.4lbs below goal! I can't believe it, so happy that I persevered in the end! Hope you're all well, have a great day xx

yay... well done hun. Have a great day.

xxx

Woohoo, getting below goal is such a good feeling... enjoy it...

Not sure how I missed this but...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Enjoy the moment you have worked hard for it.

xxx

Back