Scan Bran Recipe Thread

Would love to join u ladies in the challenge too.. But I need more info about it.

What is it and can ryvita b used instead of scan bran?

Can u get scan bran in tesco or just in holland and Barrett?

Thanks hun, I'll go To hb tonight and get some.

Is the challenge to eat 5 a day ontop of ur normal meals?

Thanks

Actually just realised this is a recipe thread I will start one in the challenge section called scan bran challenge. Will find more info and jot it down but you use scan bran as your hex so it's 5 a day!!
X

Has anyone tried the scan bran fudge cake recipe? I just made some and I don't think it worked :( I was wondering if it was a duff recipe or whether it was just me lol.

great thread wanted to know how i could use my scan bran will give some of the recipes ago.

OATBRAN CAKE

5 oatbran

I mullerlight—toffee works well
2 eggs
quarter tspn baking powder
5tbsp sweetener
1 tsp cinnamon

cover the oatbran with hot water to soften, then mash
mix yog, eggs, baking powder, cinnamon & sweetener together, then mix in oatbran
put in microwaveable dish & cook on high for 7mins (900 watt) or until cake shrinks from the sides of the dish
leave to cool
cook a little further in the dish & then serve

3syns for the whole cake

would this be free if using oatbran as a healthy extra on EE

dirtydancing said:
OATBRAN CAKE

5 oatbran
I mullerlight—toffee works well
2 eggs
quarter tspn baking powder
5tbsp sweetener
1 tsp cinnamon

cover the oatbran with hot water to soften, then mash
mix yog, eggs, baking powder, cinnamon & sweetener together, then mix in oatbran
put in microwaveable dish & cook on high for 7mins (900 watt) or until cake shrinks from the sides of the dish
leave to cool
cook a little further in the dish & then serve

3syns for the whole cake

would this be free if using oatbran as a healthy extra on EE

Would this work with scran bran too?? Xx

yeh no probs

Makes 18 at 1 syn each

5 scan bran
3 tbsp nutella
3 tbsp golden syrup

Put scan bran in a bowl add a bit of water, crumble in to small bits

Stir in nutella and syrup

use spoons to mix ( saves hands getting covered and doesnt waste mixture,lol)

Spoon in to 18 cake cases (ball shapes)

Put in fridge for an hour

Then eat :):):):)

yummm

I found that i ate 15 in a day i was on the loo for the next 2 days from the fiber,lol helps to lose weight tho,lol

These are a dream come true

Am bumping this up as I have just bought some scan bran going to try my hand at both the banana and the ginger cakes :)

Can anyone tell me if it's meant to be really runny?

Am only doing the one cake, banana and ginger! :D
I made a quark n crystallized ginger topping for it. The whole cake is 9 syns and I got 10 slices from the cake. That's less than a syn a slice :) :) :)

I also used Ellebears (I think it was) suggestion of whisking up an egg white. It is very moist and moreish with a texture so like a banana loaf that I can't tell the difference! I'd love to comment on the taste but unfortunately I have no sense of taste! I can 'feel/taste' bitter, sweet, salt and sour so I can tell you it wasn't overly sweet and I couldn't, for once, taste the bitterish after taste of the sweetener.... yummy! :D

Attachments

• P240511_18.51_[01] (640x480).jpg
    P240511_18.51_[01] (640x480).jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:
Ok so not sure if this is on here but here goes

Scran bran carrot cake

4 scran bran (4syns)
1 weetabix (3syns)
5ounce grated carrot
1 tablespoon honey (1syn)
2 tablespoon mince meat (6syns)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3 eggs

Crush scran bran & weetabix & mix with all other ingredients, put into a lined cake tin & cook on gas Mark 5 for 1 hour!

Once cooked & cool top with 1 tub sweetened quark with a little lemon juice! 14 syns for the lot

Enjoy x

Not sure if this has been posted before, but wanted to make as low a syn as possible scan bran cake so just had a little experiment

5 scan brans
2 eggs (one seperated)
coconut options
5 tbsp canderel

made the usual way, scan bran soaked until soft, mix in 1 whole egg and one yolk, add otpions and canderel, mix thoroughly, then fold in whisked egg white, microwave for around 5 mins.
Was really nice, like choccy coconut cake.
I then decided to try the same but with a caramel options, sprinkle of cinnamon and few drops of vanilla extract, this was VERY yummy. Would also be nice topped with quark mixed with white choccy options and canderel.

Cake on it's own is 1 x HEB and 2 syns, if making quark topping, it's another 2 syns, but it made quite a big cake (I used small round ceramic dish) and enough for two big portions.

Enjoy!

Back