Scan Bran Recipe Thread

Can be a HeB and zero syns if you make it with coffee instead of options.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Just wanted to make this one and was wondering where the chocolate is in this recipe???

Chocolate fudge cake

Syns: 12 Syns for the whole cake! (Freezable)
You will need:
5 Scan brans broken into small pieces
1oz sieved icing sugar
2 level tbsp golden syrup
4 tbsp Canderel
2 beaten eggs
1 tub quark

Method:
  1. Soak the Scan bran in a little hot water until soft. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
  2. Place in a parchment lined loaf tin and bake 190C for 30 – 35 minutes.

just made these as trying to eat some scanbran each day this week and really hate it!

Did, 6 scan bran broken with a little water. 3 tbsp on nuttella - started with 2 but it needed a 3rd. Total syns - 12 + HXB put into 12 portions

I plan to each four a day so will be 3 syns + 1/2 HXB. Does this mean I can eat say 1 alpen light bar or have 1 weetabix aswell?

Er, yeah.
Me.
:)

It's lovely.
Soak the scan bran in strong coffee instead of water.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Sounds good must try it I just made one with...

5 scan bran
4 tbsp nutella (16 syns!!)
2 eggs
1 tbsp golden syrup (2)
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon

It's yummy!! About 4 syns a slice

Bought my first batch of scan bran today - nasty looking things! Made the Ferrero Rocher, they are in the fridge, can't wait!

Lol sorry coljack just saw your post before mine dumbass! I will try with coffee today I'm desperate to try the curly wurly one but keep forgetting to buy them.. this is what I'm trying today any ideas of what else I could add to this ..

4 scan bran (4)
1 weetabix (can't rem syns)
Coffee
2 eggs

Hi anyone have any ideas for a topping for my scan bran cake

2 eggs
5 scan bran
2 tbsp coffee
2 tbsp nutella

I dont have any quark I do have yoghurt eggs and options plus other stuff let's see if anyone can get creative...

I must be odd, I like scan bran on it's own - it's really moreish!
I love the recipe ideas I've seen in this thread so far but does anyone have some non-cake ideas? I think it'd lend itself well to savoury recipes.
Also, sorry to be cheeky but I can't find the 'scan bran challenge' thread anywhere - can someone possibly point me in the right direction? Ta :)

I've seen the scan bran at class and looking at this thread has made me want to try the recipes :)
But my next class isn't until weds so could I buy sone scan from one of my local supermarkets?
Thanks in Advance

Try these!

Pete’s Ferrero Rocher

Syns 15 in total/24 made <1 Syn each

Ingredients
5 scan bran=5 Syn
2 tbsp. of nutella=8 Syn
1 tbsp. golden syrup=2 Syn
Warm water

Method

Place the scan bran into a food blender and reduce to small pieces.

Place 2 level tbsp. of nutella into a microwave proof dish and microwave for 30 secs (600w), remove and add 3tbsp of warm water & 1 level tbsp. of golden syrup, mix together into a paste.
Add the scan bran and mix until the liquid has been totally absorbed.

Put a small dish with boiling water next to your work area and place the cake cases out.

Using a small spoon/grapefruit spoon, place first in hot water then scoop the mixture into a cake case, repeat this until all the mix has gone remembering to place the spoon into hot water each time.

Place on a tray and place into the fridge to chill. Enjoy and remember total syns are 15 and I made 24 of them! Less than 1 Syn each.

Attachments

• Ferrero Rocher (Large).JPG
    Ferrero Rocher (Large).JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 2,300
bilsat said:
Try these!

Pete’s Ferrero Rocher

Syns 15 in total/24 made <1 Syn each

Ingredients
5 scan bran=5 Syn
2 tbsp. of nutella=8 Syn
Warm water

Method

Place 2 level tbsp. of nutella into a microwave proof dish and microwave for 30 secs (600w), remove and add 3tbsp of warm water & 1 level tbsp. of golden syrup, mix together into a paste.

Put a small dish with boiling water next to your work area and place the cake cases out.

Using a small spoon/grapefruit spoon, place first in hot water then scoop the mixture into a cake case, repeat this until all the mix has gone remembering to place the spoon into hot water each time.

Place on a tray and place into the fridge to chill. Enjoy and remember total syns are 15 and I made 24 of them! Less than 1 Syn each.

O...M...G! Now this looks like my type of thing! Somthing lovely and sweet, without all the guilt.. Brilliant! :)

Took the ferrero rocher to last nights evening, went in seconds!
after talking to the staff at our centre (who are the unofficial testers) I have increased the amount of nutella to 3 level tablespoons for more flavour! This will increase the syns but still under 1 syn each......

Pete’s Ferrero Rocher

Syns 19 in total/24 made <1 Syn each
Ingredients
5 scan bran=5 Syn
3 tbsp. of nutella=12 Syn
Warm water

Method

Place 3 level tbsp. of nutella into a microwave proof dish and microwave for 30 secs (600w), remove and add 3tbsp of warm water & 1 level tbsp. of golden syrup, mix together into a paste.

Place on a tray and place into the fridge to chill. Enjoy and remember total syns are 19 and I made 24 of them! Less than 1 Syn each.

Modified 1-9-2011

Attachments

• Ferrero Rocher (Large).JPG
    Ferrero Rocher (Large).JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 588
Just made my first scan bran cake

I made the curly wurly one & I was quite impressed. I had a quarter of it for 3 syns & it really filled me up :)

Back