Scan Bran Recipe Thread

bilsat said:
Took the ferrero rocher to last nights evening, went in seconds!
after talking to the staff at our centre (who are the unofficial testers) I have increased the amount of nutella to 3 level tablespoons for more flavour! This will increase the syns but still under 1 syn each......

Pete’s Ferrero Rocher

Syns 19 in total/24 made <1 Syn each
Ingredients
5 scan bran=5 Syn
3 tbsp. of nutella=12 Syn
1 tbsp. golden syrup=2 Syn
Warm water

Method

Place the scan bran into a food blender and reduce to small pieces.

Place 3 level tbsp. of nutella into a microwave proof dish and microwave for 30 secs (600w), remove and add 3tbsp of warm water & 1 level tbsp. of golden syrup, mix together into a paste.
Add the scan bran and mix until the liquid has been totally absorbed.

Put a small dish with boiling water next to your work area and place the cake cases out.

Using a small spoon/grapefruit spoon, place first in hot water then scoop the mixture into a cake case, repeat this until all the mix has gone remembering to place the spoon into hot water each time.

Place on a tray and place into the fridge to chill. Enjoy and remember total syns are 19 and I made 24 of them! Less than 1 Syn each.

Modified 1-9-2011

You could even add an extra spoonful again and it would still be less than 1syn!! :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

scan bran cookies??

Could you mash up scan bran with a little water, and then bake them to make cookies? Just wondering if this would work as i'm making the carrot cake and it smells like cookies :D

Dont think sprinkling them with ginger and sweetener would work lol.

I have finely made a carrot cake that I am proud of!

Pete’s Scan Bran Carrot Cake-2

Syn free if used as a Heb

Ingredients

5 scan bran
300g/3 large size carrots
3 eggs
3 Tbsp sweetener
1tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp nutmeg
Pinch salt
3 tsp of ground ginger
Zest from 1 lemon

Method

Break the scan bran into a mixing bowl and add boiling water, a bit at a time to soften them, mash into a smooth mix.

Grate the peeled carrots, drain as much liquid out of them as possible, and then place in a towel and wring out any remaining liquid. Add to mixing bowl along with the ginger, sweetener, spices & lemon zest, mix well.

Separate the egg yolks and add to mix, beat the whites until stiff then fold into the mixture.

Preheat the oven to 200c and prepare a loaf tin, line with greaseproof paper cut to fit, reduce the heat to 180c

Place on the middle shelf for 40 mins, insert a metal skewer into the middle of the cake and when you pull it out and it comes out clean, the cake is done.

Remove from the tin and allow cooling on a wire rack.

modified 6-9-2011

Attachments

• Carrot Cake-2-2 (Large).JPG
    Carrot Cake-2-2 (Large).JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 948
  • Carrot Cake-2 (Large).JPG
    Carrot Cake-2 (Large).JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 3,504
Finely perfected my carrot cake! third attempt but worth it........

Pete’s Scan Bran Carrot Cake-2

Syn free if used as a Heb

Ingredients

5 scan bran
300g/3 large size carrots
3 eggs
3 Tbsp sweetener
1tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp nutmeg
Pinch salt
3 tsp of ground ginger
Zest from 1 lemon

Method

Break the scan bran into a mixing bowl and add boiling water, a bit at a time to soften them, mash into a smooth mix.

Grate the peeled carrots, drain as much liquid out of them as possible, and then place in a towel and wring out any remaining liquid. Add to mixing bowl along with the ginger, sweetener, spices & lemon zest, mix well.

Separate the egg yolks and add to mix, beat the whites until stiff then fold into the mixture.

Preheat the oven to 200c and prepare a loaf tin, line with greaseproof paper cut to fit, reduce the heat to 180c

Place on the middle shelf for 40 mins, insert a metal skewer into the middle of the cake and when you pull it out and it comes out clean, the cake is done.

Remove from the tin and allow cooling on a wire rack.

modified 6-9-2011

Attachments

• Carrot Cake-2-2 (Large).JPG
    Carrot Cake-2-2 (Large).JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 314
  • Carrot Cake-2 (Large).JPG
    Carrot Cake-2 (Large).JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 306
My latest attempt..............sorry no pictures yet, still in the fridge!

Pete’s Ferrero Rocher-2

Ingredients
5 scan bran=5 Syn
1 Pack of Options (Belgium Chocolate)=2 Syn
Warm water

Method

Place 3 level tbsp. of nutella into a microwave proof dish and microwave for 30 secs (600w), remove and add up to 3tbsp of warm water as required to make a paste.

Put a small dish with boiling water next to your work area and place the cake cases out.

Using a small spoon/grapefruit spoon, place first in hot water then scoop the mixture into a cake case, repeat this until all the mix has gone remembering to place the spoon into hot water each time.

Place on a tray and place into the fridge to chill. When cold remove from the fridge and roll in the contents of a packet of “options” Belgium chocolate! Rechill if required.

Enjoy and remember total syns are 19 and I made 24 of them! Less than 1 Syn each.

They sound great Pete, trying them this afternoon.

I too would like the curly wirly recipe if anyone has it?

Mmmm that looks lovely :) Mine was good. Added a few raisens too for a few extra syns!

Here are my Ferrero Rocher Chocs, latest version,..................

Pete’s Ferrero Rocher-2

Ingredients
5 scan bran=5 Syn
1 Pack of Options (Belgium Chocolate)=2 Syn
Warm water

Method

Place 3 level tbsp. of nutella into a microwave proof dish and microwave for 30 secs (600w), remove and add up to 3tbsp of warm water as required to make a paste.

Place on a tray and place into the fridge to chill. When cold remove from the fridge and roll in the contents of a packet of “options” Belgium chocolate! Rechill if required.

Enjoy and remember total syns are 19 and I made 24 of them! Less than 1 Syn each.

(before someone comments, I ate the missing 5 from the picture!)

Attachments

• Ferrero Rocher-2 (Large).JPG
    Ferrero Rocher-2 (Large).JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 657
curly wurly cake 12 syns all plans unless using scan bran as hexb

4 Scan Bran
2 eggs
5 or 6 tbsp sweetener (to taste)
11g reduced fat hot choc eg sachet Options
26g Curly Wurly bar
method
1. Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften. Then drain and mash.
2. Beat the eggs and stir into mix, along with the sweetener and Options
3. Chop the Curly Wurly into pieces and add to the mix
4. Pour the mixture into a microwavable bowl and cook for around 6 minutes. When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.
you can cook the cake on 200°C/Gas Mark 6 for approximately 30 minutes.

louisedan said:
curly wurly cake 12 syns all plans unless using scan bran as hexb

4 Scan Bran
2 eggs
5 or 6 tbsp sweetener (to taste)
11g reduced fat hot choc eg sachet Options
26g Curly Wurly bar
method
1. Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften. Then drain and mash.
2. Beat the eggs and stir into mix, along with the sweetener and Options
3. Chop the Curly Wurly into pieces and add to the mix
4. Pour the mixture into a microwavable bowl and cook for around 6 minutes. When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.
you can cook the cake on 200°C/Gas Mark 6 for approximately 30 minutes.

Sounds yummy...silly question - is it a particular type of bowl you need to use to make it cook properly in the microwave, like a plastic/rubber one? Pause for laughter

carbs4ever said:
Sounds yummy...silly question - is it a particular type of bowl you need to use to make it cook properly in the microwave, like a plastic/rubber one? Pause for laughter

Any plastic or Tupperware will do! As long as it's microwaveable! xx

Mmm just made the cake with banana options and galaxy bites chopped up with are half a syn each and I used 10 it is very nice

Back