Scan Bran Recipe Thread

I just went with 14 syns for the cake...cut into slices and did the maths.

5 scan brans are a hexb. So there is some free allowence...eating nearly the whole cake to get a hexb is abit much though!!

l0v3child said:
Oh my. Ive just made the curly wurly cake........AMAZING!!! Its like real fecking cake!! Its brilliant! Totally reccommend!

I used a chinese container tub, it was just right, and the cake came out of it fine, just popped out :) I used splashes of boiling water until scan bran was soft, but didnt drown it. I also didnt want to destroy my food processor, lol, so skipped that stage, it really dosnt need it anyway because youre mushing it up with the water. Microwaved it for 6 minutes and it came out perfect. Woo!

Oh my god, just made this, we loved it, tastes like a proper cake. We had a sliced banana with vanilla mullerlight....lovely pudding for 3 syns....and a bowl full for that too....;)

Hi StarGar1... My oven is fan assisted and I originally had it set at 200, but the top seemed to be getting crispy after about 15 minutes so I turned the oven down to 180. It only took another 5 minutes after that.
Just for the record, I baked it in a Victoria sandwich tin and if anyone has any good tips to stop these cakes sticking to the greaseproof paper I sure would appreciate it... :)

Go to £Shop and buy a couple of the silicone victoria sandwich tins - the cake just peels off when cool

Can i ask for these recipes are you using the scan bran oat or the bran one? Or does it matter which

Im wondering if anyone can tell me if Nutella is vegetarian? If not then does anyone know how many syns it would be for shops own variety possibly Sainsburys as I will be there tomorrow? The only one on slimming world site is the popping candy one at 4syns per 1tbsp. Thanks

Stolen from our C who made them for the taster we had the other week...

soft scan-bran biscuits

5 scan bran (5) or HeB
28g sultanas/raisins (3.5)
2 tbsp golden syrup (4)
1-2 eggs.

put scan bran in a bowl and soften with boiling water,drain excess water off and then blitz with a hand blender to make the scan bran very fine.
Add the eggs, fruit and golden syrup and mix well,...not too wet and not too dry.
Set the oven to gas mark 4 (180c) and put in a flat tray, when the tray is hot...remove from the oven and grease with fry light
Pour the scan bran mix onto the hot tray in 3-4 blobs leaving enough room for the mix to spread a little.
Put the tray back into the oven and cook for approx' 30 minutes or so,
Remove from the oven and leave to cool, simple.

Instead of using raisins try using chocolate bits (syned) they're great.

I have invented a new scan bran cake! (unless someone else has put this on here and I haven't seen it!) Don't groan - it's true! very easy to make and SYN FREE. Oh and it's deeeeeeeeeeee-lish (for scanbran)! Break up 5 scanbran into microwaveable bowl, make about two-thirds of a mug of douwe egberts caramel coffee (well well sweetened, depending on taste), pour over the scanbran and leave to soak it all up. Then add a beaten egg, stir well and zap in micro for about 7 minutes. I ate it with a yogurt, although i think forest fruits or raspberries would have been nicer. I want to try it again with the hazelnut coffee and spread some nutella/quark mix in the middle........

tryed the ferreros and i must have done something wrong as there not very nice did not use syrup but am sure i read you did not have to when you add water are you using enough to make scans soft or are they still supposed to be crunchy :eek:

Hi Tracy 123: you dont need water or syrup you just blize the ryvita or scan bran in a mixer then mix with the nuttela put the mixture in a muffin tin and put in freezer for 1 hour and they taste like the real thing xx

Stolen from our C who made them for the taster we had the other week...

soft scan-bran biscuits

5 scan bran (5) or HeB
28g sultanas/raisins (3.5)
2 tbsp golden syrup (4)
1-2 eggs.

put scan bran in a bowl and soften with boiling water,drain excess water off and then blitz with a hand blender to make the scan bran very fine.
Add the eggs, fruit and golden syrup and mix well,...not too wet and not too dry.
Set the oven to gas mark 4 (180c) and put in a flat tray, when the tray is hot...remove from the oven and grease with fry light
Pour the scan bran mix onto the hot tray in 3-4 blobs leaving enough room for the mix to spread a little.
Put the tray back into the oven and cook for approx' 30 minutes or so,
Remove from the oven and leave to cool, simple.

Instead of using raisins try using chocolate bits (syned) they're great.

Loving the sound of this!

I have invented a new scan bran cake! (unless someone else has put this on here and I haven't seen it!) Don't groan - it's true! very easy to make and SYN FREE. Oh and it's deeeeeeeeeeee-lish (for scanbran)! Break up 5 scanbran into microwaveable bowl, make about two-thirds of a mug of douwe egberts caramel coffee (well well sweetened, depending on taste), pour over the scanbran and leave to soak it all up. Then add a beaten egg, stir well and zap in micro for about 7 minutes. I ate it with a yogurt, although i think forest fruits or raspberries would have been nicer. I want to try it again with the hazelnut coffee and spread some nutella/quark mix in the middle........

And this!!

I've never bought the scanbran before - never knew what I was missing. Will make a point of getting some next Tuesday.

Back