Scan Bran Recipe Thread

Here is my latest version of Ferrero Rocher, made with Belgium chocolate!

Pete’s Belgium Chocolate Ferrero Rocher
(2013)

28 Syns in total /35 made under 1 Syn each

Ingredients
1 pack of Options (2 syns)
5 scan bran (5 syns)
25g Ground hazelnuts or Mixed nuts (8.3 syns)
50g Sainsbury’s cooks Belgium Chocolate 76% cocoa (12.6 syns)
Warm water
* Optional
1 tbsp. Sweetener

Method

Place the scan bran & nuts into a food blender and reduce to small pieces. Place in a glass bowl & mix, add warm water as required to make a smooth paste.

Place the chocolate into a microwave proof dish and microwave for 4 mins (600w) remove and add the scan bran and mix until the liquid has been totally absorbed.
Add the sweetener if you want a sweeter taste.
Using a ½ tsp cup measure, scoop a small portion of the mix & shape into balls.

Place on a tray and place into the fridge to chill. When cold remove from the fridge and roll in the contents of a packet of “options” Belgium chocolate! Rechill if required.

Enjoy and remember total syns are 28 and I made 35 of them! Under 1 Syn each.

Belgium Chocolate Ferrero Rocher 2013 (Small).JPG

Not sure if there is one already like this on the thread but I made it last night and it was gorgeous!

Scan Bran Ginger and Choc Cake-2 syns (or 7 if not using scan bran as heb)

5x scan bran
2 eggs
1 activia vanilla yogurt
Vanilla Essence
Sweetener to taste
Options Ginger Jazz hot choc sachet
Small piece of root ginger finely grated

Soak the scan bran in a little hot water until soft and mash. Mix the yogurt, sweetener, options, fresh ginger, and vanilla essence in another bowl. Mix in the two eggs.
Combine mixture and scan bran in a microwaveable bowl and cook for around 7 minutes, depending on your micro- check regularly after 4m 30secs.

I served this with quark mixed with sweetener and some fresh ginger finely grated and it was lush!

While trawling the internet after a sudden brain wave, I came across a recipe for scan bran pancakes

5 scan/oat bran softened in a little warm water.
3 eggs - 2 of which separated.
5 tbsp or to taste of sweetener
1 x options any flavour

Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
Mix together the one whole egg, 2 egg yolks, options and sweetener.
Gently fold in the egg whites.
'Drop' spoonfuls into a hot frying pan sprayed with fry light.
Cook each side for a couple of minutes.

could
s someone repost the ferrero recipe please min syns!!!

Just trying coffee and walnut cake...
5 s b
25g walnuts 8.5
3eggs
coffee to taste
sweetner
it's in the micro ...
will let uou know what it's like :rolleyes:

I keep hearing about the scan bran challenge but I haven't tried them yet I might pick some up tomorrow and give them a test.

Not quite scan bran but similar.........
Pete’s Pumpkin Seed Cheesecake (2014)

Serves 2
Ingredients
2 Tsp Gelatine
3 Tbsp. Fromage Frais (ff)
3 Tbsp. Sweetener
6 Ryvita Pumpkin seed & oat crisp bread (2 Heb/2= 1Heb per person)
150cm/6 “ cake tin
165g Mullerlight yogurt, strawberry flavour (ff)
Strawberries (ss) (sff)
Boiling water

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
In a large bowl, break the crisp bread into small pieces; add boiling water, mix a bit at a time until you have a smooth mix.
Using a cake tin, press the mixture into the base, smooth over with the back of a spoon.
Cook for 10 mins only, remove & allow to cool.
In a clean bowl, mix together the yogurt, fromage frais & sweetener.
In a small bowl filled with 2 Tbsp. boiling water, add the gelatine & mix until all granules have dissolved, add to the yogurt mixture, mix together then tip over the base mix, place in the fridge for a few hrs. Until it has set, remove & add the strawberries for decoration.
Pumpkin seed cheesecake (Small).JPGPumpkin seed cheesecake-2 (Small).JPG

OMG Ferrero Rocher are my favourite things ever, looking forward to trying these even if they only taste a teeny bit like the real thing!

Hi :)

Quick question (I'm new, had first weigh in yesterday-lost 4lbs!)

So, I bought some Scan Bran yesterday and want to try the carrot cake. IF I only eat half of the cake should I then have a hifi bar for it to be my heb? Or would I need to eat all the cake? Or count it as any syns? If someone could explain it to me in simple terms I'd appreciate it :)

Also, I bought quark today too. Never had it before but heard good things-could it be used as a topping for the carrot cake? Maybe with an options sachet mixed in (but that would add syns right?)

Sorry for so many questions! xx

Back