Scan Bran Recipe Thread

Hi again

I just made a carrot cake and all seems good so far! (Used 5 scan bran, 2 eggs, 3 carrots, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and sweetener) Waiting for it to cool so I can do my topping. I went for quark with lemon juice and sweetener.

If I have this as my heb is it syn free?

Hi again I just made a carrot cake and all seems good so far! (Used 5 scan bran, 2 eggs, 3 carrots, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and sweetener) Waiting for it to cool so I can do my topping. I went for quark with lemon juice and sweetener. If I have this as my heb is it syn free?

If you eat the lot, it's your HEb :)
Yes, you'd need to syn the options and if you had 1/2 the cake, you could have a hifi light to make up the rest of your HEb

Not everyone splits their healthy extras but I do sometimes, especially me HEb...it prob impacts us all differently so up to you if you wanna do it

I couldn't eat the whole thing but as I say? We're all different :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi missk

Thanks for clearing it up for me. I definitely could not eat the whole cake, I struggled with half so will have the hifi light as the rest of my heb.

Think I'm getting the hang of this :)

Hi missk

Thanks for clearing it up for me. I definitely could not eat the whole cake, I struggled with half so will have the hifi light as the rest of my heb.

Think I'm getting the hang of this :)

i usually cut mine into 10 pieces...5 are 1/2 a HEb or 0.5 syns each.
i find it great to snack on and love it crumbled through fruit salad and yog...i always think you get a decent munch for 1/2 a HEB.

i suppose if i used some at breakfast and nibbled on it through the day i could use the whole thing...haven't tried it but i guess it's do-able lol x

i usually cut mine into 10 pieces...5 are 1/2 a HEb or 0.5 syns each. i find it great to snack on and love it crumbled through fruit salad and yog...i always think you get a decent munch for 1/2 a HEB. i suppose if i used some at breakfast and nibbled on it through the day i could use the whole thing...haven't tried it but i guess it's do-able lol x Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey

Well I made another one today and had half with a cuppa. Then had a hifi light this evening as a snack. Have saved the rest of the cake for tomorrow's breakfast, will maybe do what you suggested and have with some fruit. Mine aren't rising much at all so it's not a huge amount but it's just so filling!

Thanks again xx

Hey

Well I made another one today and had half with a cuppa. Then had a hifi light this evening as a snack. Have saved the rest of the cake for tomorrow's breakfast, will maybe do what you suggested and have with some fruit. Mine aren't rising much at all so it's not a huge amount but it's just so filling!

Thanks again xx

i pour my mixture into the tubs you get from the chinese...it just goes to about that size so doesn't rise a huge amount but i agree with you...it can be filling.
it's lovely with the fruit and yog, i crumble a few pieces in and mix it all in...doesn't look the best but it's yummy :) x

Here is my latest version of Ferrero Rocher, made with Belgium chocolate!

Pete’s Belgium Chocolate Ferrero Rocher
(2013)

28 Syns in total /35 made under 1 Syn each

Ingredients
1 pack of Options (2 syns)
5 scan bran (5 syns)
25g Ground hazelnuts or Mixed nuts (8.3 syns)
50g Sainsbury’s cooks Belgium Chocolate 76% cocoa (12.6 syns)
Warm water
* Optional
1 tbsp. Sweetener

Method

Place the scan bran & nuts into a food blender and reduce to small pieces. Place in a glass bowl & mix, add warm water as required to make a smooth paste.

Place the chocolate into a microwave proof dish and microwave for 4 mins (600w) remove and add the scan bran and mix until the liquid has been totally absorbed.
Add the sweetener if you want a sweeter taste.
Using a ½ tsp cup measure, scoop a small portion of the mix & shape into balls.

Place on a tray and place into the fridge to chill. When cold remove from the fridge and roll in the contents of a packet of “options” Belgium chocolate! Rechill if required.

Enjoy and remember total syns are 28 and I made 35 of them! Under 1 Syn each.

View attachment 98644

Wow these look amazing! I am def making them at the weekend

Do u have the recipe for this plc hun love the sound of choc orange xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

choc & orange scanbran cake
-----------------------------------

5 scanbran
3 eggs
3 tbls cocoa (or 1 cocoa & 1 choc orange options)
4 tbsp sweetener
1/4 tsp orange extract

soak scan bran in hot water, & mash

mix other ingredients in , pour in a silicone loaf tin. Cook in the microwave for about 4 to 4.5 mins. I use one of the plastic Chinese take away dishes to cook it in.

3 syns for the whole cake if using scanbran as HEXB, 8 syns for the lot if not .

Spicy scan bran pudding & custard
-----------------------------------------

5 scan bran
3 eggs
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp or 1/4 of a 1/4 nutmeg
5 tbsp sweetener

Soak scan bran in hot water add all spices and sweetener.
Mix in eggs and transfer to a dish . Cook in microwave for 4-5 mins.
I use the plastic Chinese tubs as the are a perfect size.

1b for whole cake or 6 syns if not using as hexb

Served with instant custard - made with instant powder & water. 50 mls = 2 syns

image-470137318.jpg

yeh no probs

Makes 18 at 1 syn each

5 scan bran
3 tbsp nutella
3 tbsp golden syrup

Put scan bran in a bowl add a bit of water, crumble in to small bits

Stir in nutella and syrup

use spoons to mix ( saves hands getting covered and doesnt waste mixture,lol)

Spoon in to 18 cake cases (ball shapes)

Put in fridge for an hour

Then eat :):):):)

yummm

I found that i ate 15 in a day i was on the loo for the next 2 days from the fiber,lol helps to lose weight tho,lol

I just tried to make these with two weetabix they didn't work out so now I have just eaten the whole bowel of chocolatey goodness :( safe to say I shouldn't try these choc recipes

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

thank the gods for this thread lol

I must be weird because I like the scanbran with dairylea, tomato and black pepper :D

They seem to make me constipated more than anything... even with loads of water...bah!

Sent from my XT1032 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi all - sorry to be thick but planning on trying the scan bran - am I right in saying that 5 pieces is the same as hexB or is it a syn a piece? Thanks! :)

yes hun, that's right :)

Back