Scotsmist diary - from 1 jan 2010

:) Thanks Jan!!!!!!!
I know, I didnt expect to be on still as I was struggling so much. I am taking it literally one day at a time, but I would like to lose another stone (well depends on WI today)! Will let you know.

Must try and get onto maintenance...I have a look, but not had much time to post :)

Hope you are well!

I'm okay thanks Iris .....

WELL DONE YOU on your 3.7lbs! Fandabidozy! Only a few weeks now, you're doing brilliantly :):) xx

Hey Iris,

u are an inspiration. I admire your tenacity.....

so struggling at the mo but trying to get my head back in the right place!!

Thanks Iris,

I will get some tomorrow. How long does it take to see an improvement?

Clair x

It took a good month to clear up to be honest!!!!!!! :mad:

Your dentist will no doubt give you a scale and polish, which may help and speed up recovery.

It was something I never tought about...I though, not eating, no need to floss!! But it just shows how much stress our body is under...we dont realise it, but it sure must be as I have the same problem again and on the same week!!!!!!!

Hope you get some today and let me know how you get on..I actually brushed my teeth (after brushing and flossing) with it, oh, the taste is vile!! Then I put some on my gums as well. Woke up this morning and the taste in my mouth was just awful, but needs must I suppose!

Thanks Iris;) Lipotrim has gave me my life back literally! I have battled for years trying to lose weight without knowing that I had an underactive thyroid. I now feel better than I have in years and have so much energy!
Sorry to sound pushy, but did you find out the name of the gel your dentist gave you? (I'm really starting to worry about my gums, and cannot see my dentist until next Thurs)

Clair x

Just noticed the other part of your post..I am glad LT has given you your life back. It is a nice feeling and so much opens up, not just nice clothes, but everything is seen through a differnt set of eyes!!!

You really are doing incredibly well :)

Hey Iris,

u are an inspiration. I admire your tenacity.....

so struggling at the mo but trying to get my head back in the right place!!

Hang in there Theresa, it really is worth it...remember me last week! There isnt a day that goes by that I dont think "oh, I wish I could eat"; some days it is just a fleeting thought and other days it lingers, BUT I know that time is so relative and before I know it I will be where I want to be!

You are doing so well, so dont give up on yourself now :-0!!!!!!!! I will be stalking you if you do :D

Day 22

Well, today hasnt had the best start. I have woken up with my bad neck and back so cant really move very well! Typical!!!! I havent had this for a good few months now. For those that dont know, I have arthritis in my neck and get neck and back spasms. Just another thing to have to deal with, but just have to get on with it and NOT EVER LET THE ARTHIRITIS WIN - EVER!!!!

I feel good within myself apart from that. I am wearing a little Oasis dress today and the receptionist today said I looked GLAM! wowwwww.....go girl :) I do have a meeting today,so have made a special effort and even put make up on ;)

I have been invited to so many meals out this past week it is unbelievable, and every one I have turned down! And strangely enough I dont feel bad about it. Usually I am fretting because I am missing out and food then takes centre stage, but I think I am just basking in the euphoria of feeling good and not bloated!

I am on my own tonight as hubby is working in London, and not back till tomorrow, so tonight will be a test! But, I am sure I will be ok :)

I am on countdown again for next Thursday, this is my mini goal; get the weekend out of the way and then will nearly be there !

Gums still swollen but they dont seem so bad today; I will continue to put the gingivitus gel on and hopefully it will clear up eventually. Still not sleeping very well and feel very tired, but I have energy! Just feel tired.....

Wow Iris, your losses so far are amazing! :D Wouldnt expect anything else from you though :) sorry to hear about the health issues youve been having lately, but big congrats on you getting into your gorge dress :) you will be at goal in no time at all! xx

Wow Iris, your losses so far are amazing! :D Wouldnt expect anything else from you though :) sorry to hear about the health issues youve been having lately, but big congrats on you getting into your gorge dress :) you will be at goal in no time at all! xx

Thanks Jodie, amazing what a few hours throws at you....struggling like mad and I have had to come home because of the pain! I just couldnt sit at my desk......the cravings of wanting to eat to feed my self pity are HIGH!! But so far, so good, but it aint easy..boy, this time around is hard. I seem to have more hurdles than before!!!

Day 22 continued

It went downhill! Thankfully my meeting cancelled on me, but I think I would have cancelled anyway. Couldnt sit at work, was in constant pain so eventually had to give up at 3pm and go home. Unfortunately, had to catch a train and a bus because hubby is away and the car at home!

Just felt so down and downhearted...it is the one thing that gets me when my neck goes because I cant do anything....everything is an effort and I cant straighten up! So, would normally make myself feel better by eating, eating, eating...and lo and behold I started with the thoughts.

As I was walking down to the bus, I needed change for the bus and went into a newsagents and got some water...I just wanted to eat. Kept thinking I cant do this any longer..I just want some chicken, chicken, chicken...but I knew that that was an excuse and once chicken had been consumed, other things would be too. I then started thinking of all the goodies in the house. At the minute there are thorntons choc, and a lot of it at that, pretzels, crisps, nuts, crackers, cheese,,,,you name it, it is in my house because I need to learn to live with it and dont see why hubby has to stop eating!

I was thinking, when I get home I am just going to eat and then just be sick and it wont make any difference!!!!!!

Thankfully I got onto the forum and just speaking out what was going on in my head helped!!! I have had a soup and will have my shake later on.

I am learning all the time and I am determined not to let this keep taking over my life. LT is helping just the fact I cant e
at and then I have to start analysing myself and why I reach for the food all the time!

A hard day, but I think I will get through it and will be on Day 23! Phew!

Well done on your focus and will power. You have done well to keep with it. I haven't had neck or back problems so can't make any suggestions - but the suggestions on the other thread seem to have worked ok.

Chin up dear - thats only one chin !! keep up the good work. xx

It took a good month to clear up to be honest!!!!!!! :mad:

Your dentist will no doubt give you a scale and polish, which may help and speed up recovery.

It was something I never tought about...I though, not eating, no need to floss!! But it just shows how much stress our body is under...we dont realise it, but it sure must be as I have the same problem again and on the same week!!!!!!!

Hope you get some today and let me know how you get on..I actually brushed my teeth (after brushing and flossing) with it, oh, the taste is vile!! Then I put some on my gums as well. Woke up this morning and the taste in my mouth was just awful, but needs must I suppose!

Iris, I bought the gel today, and brushed my teeth with it also, and it is disgusting! The taste was that bad that I was nearly sick! I think I will stick to rubbing it onto my gums, as I don't think it tastes as bad that way!

Clair x

Hi, I've just popped over to see how you guy's are doing and had to congratulate you Iris on your strength, willpower but mostly your honesty. You are doing fantastically well and altho you are having a battle with your thoughts sometimes re; food you seem really determined to figure it all out and you are certainly on the right track :)
...unlike me...i do miss you guy's on this site and only wish i had the strength to get thru the 1st few days...i will be back, i just need to get a grip !!
xxx

Oh Iris - so sorry to read about your struggle today. Pain & what it brings with it can be the most depressing thing!! I'm so full of admiration that you managed to overcome your cravings and desires.

As you say - One day at a time, one hour or one moment at a time if necessary.

Did you do anything different that aggravated your neck? I usually find a reason when mine is particularly bad. Most often it's not having my rolled up towel in position - maybe I've turned over and it's moved or something. I bought those proper pillows but I can't use them yet because the smell of the fire retardent gave me a headache and made me nauseous. At the moment they are in the spare room while the smell wears off! I'm sure you've been through all these 'how best to sleep' precedures and know what I'm talking about!

Anyway - whatever's caused it I hope it settles down soon. Try not to let it get to you too much. ***hugs*** xx

Well done on your focus and will power. You have done well to keep with it. I haven't had neck or back problems so can't make any suggestions - but the suggestions on the other thread seem to have worked ok.

Chin up dear - thats only one chin !! keep up the good work. xx

:D Thanks Caren...yes only one chin, thankfully!!

Iris, I bought the gel today, and brushed my teeth with it also, and it is disgusting! The taste was that bad that I was nearly sick! I think I will stick to rubbing it onto my gums, as I don't think it tastes as bad that way!

Clair x[/QUOTE

I KNOW!!!! It is just disgusting isnt it!
Glad you got some and it is just a matter of time. Funnily enough, my gums have come right down today, so maybe it wasnt as bad an attack as last time, or I caught it just in time!
Hope it gets better soon...keep me posted about it though.

Hi, I've just popped over to see how you guy's are doing and had to congratulate you Iris on your strength, willpower but mostly your honesty. You are doing fantastically well and altho you are having a battle with your thoughts sometimes re; food you seem really determined to figure it all out and you are certainly on the right track :)
...unlike me...i do miss you guy's on this site and only wish i had the strength to get thru the 1st few days...i will be back, i just need to get a grip !!
xxx

Hi Slimmer..thank you so much. I am so determined not to have to battle so much all my life. I think I have got to the point of no return and tired of fighting with food all the time.
OH, sorry to hear you cant get passed the first few days..why not? What is stopping you? You know with LT, you need your head in the right place or it is torture. It is bad enough, but if you are at that place, then it seems a little easier....hard on the way, but you have that determination from within to keep going.
Try and get to that point, cause you know it will work....if not, dont go mad,,try and eat healthily and not do any more damage and then when you are ready to commit you wont have as much to lose.
Take care and lovely that you keep popping in...that tells me you want to do it, just need to commit now :)

Oh Iris - so sorry to read about your struggle today. Pain & what it brings with it can be the most depressing thing!! I'm so full of admiration that you managed to overcome your cravings and desires.

As you say - One day at a time, one hour or one moment at a time if necessary.

Did you do anything different that aggravated your neck? I usually find a reason when mine is particularly bad. Most often it's not having my rolled up towel in position - maybe I've turned over and it's moved or something. I bought those proper pillows but I can't use them yet because the smell of the fire retardent gave me a headache and made me nauseous. At the moment they are in the spare room while the smell wears off! I'm sure you've been through all these 'how best to sleep' precedures and know what I'm talking about!

Anyway - whatever's caused it I hope it settles down soon. Try not to let it get to you too much. ***hugs*** xx

Hi Jan
Always lovely to hear from you :)
I got through yesterday and out at the other end, still not giving up! First dream of eating food last night..haha..I thought I had eaten some melon; at least it was melon and water melon at that..hahaha....phew, I felt when I woke up and realised it was a dream cause it felt so real.

With my neck, I have the memory foam mattress and the special pillow :) But, I have to ensure I dont sleep on my back, which I do most of the time! But,I woke up yesterday on my back and lo and behold as soon as I got out of the shower the pain was there! It's a long story with my back/neck, and from a cracked rib many years ago and as you know, now arthritis.

I did do coreball on Wednesday for the first time in a while, but I am always watchful of my back/neck so not sure whether that has contributed..just not sure, but it usually is if I lay a certain way.

It is worse this morning but I am just sat on the recliner with laptop on lap and oh, cat cuddling up to me too :)!! I might try the sauna and steam room tonight...see how I feel!

Doing ok re: food today, and yes, taking it literally one day at a time...I have a feeling the next month is going to be tough and slow ;-)! But, so determined to get to that 10st which eluded me last time.

Now, re these pillows you have...are they memory foam?????? If they are, then there is something wrong with them regarding the smell. I say that, because hubby runs a website for memory foam and our last mattress stank for ever and we found out that it was faulty. It should smell for a long time, only for a few days! So, might be an idea to either return them if you can, or get some new ones. I can recommend (get some discount if you say I recommended you)! If interested, PM me :)

Hope you are ok, you seem to be doing well!!

Back