Secret gamer!

Im abit of a gamer. :p

Call Of Duty is the main thing i do everday. Im addicted.

My boyfriend is a gamer. Used to be professional on a PC game called World of Warcraft. :D Geeks are hot. <3

We have 2 PCs, a PS3 and a PS2.

I really want a wii. Played on them loads!

x

Hey there Winter, I've never played Call of Duty, is it good?

Have you got the new PS Move? It looks quite cool, the graphics on the PS3 look amazing but I can't afford one! Boo!! lol :p

I've heard of WoW, does your boyfriend still play it? x

Hey there Winter, I've never played Call of Duty, is it good?

Have you got the new PS Move? It looks quite cool, the graphics on the PS3 look amazing but I can't afford one! Boo!! lol :p

I've heard of WoW, does your boyfriend still play it? x

Its only good if you play it online tbh. :D

I dont actually, no.
We got our PS3 from my parents for xmas! :p

He doesnt have time anymore, back when he used to play it it took alot of his time. [like 14 hours a day when he was pro]
He's just started open university so he's studying alot atm and doesnt have time.
He's been playing a PC game called League Of Legends recently though.

x

Its only good if you play it online tbh. :D

I dont actually, no.
We got our PS3 from my parents for xmas! :p

He doesnt have time anymore, back when he used to play it it took alot of his time. [like 14 hours a day when he was pro]
He's just started open university so he's studying alot atm and doesnt have time.
He's been playing a PC game called League Of Legends recently though.

x
Ahh right :D Lucky you getting a PS3 for Christmas, I don't think I'm gonna get much in the way of prezzies this year, can't afford it! :p

Thats the trouble with day to day life, gets in the way of gaming :D :p Just joking! Whats League of Legends about? X

Wish my parents would buy me a PS3 too...

Can't complain I do get a Morrisons book full of stamps each Christmas as my mum collects like £5 a week which fills up way more then one book, so not too bad :)

Not been doing any workout games lately. My hubby says that some of the exercises on my more intense workouts probably contributed to my backache :(

Wish he was wrong as it makes him think the will fit + is the best and mine are not really worth trying, especially if there going to cause one pain... :(

Wish my parents would buy me a PS3 too...

Can't complain I do get a Morrisons book full of stamps each Christmas as my mum collects like £5 a week which fills up way more then one book, so not too bad :)

Not been doing any workout games lately. My hubby says that some of the exercises on my more intense workouts probably contributed to my backache :(

Wish he was wrong as it makes him think the will fit + is the best and mine are not really worth trying, especially if there going to cause one pain... :(
They could have contributed to your backache if you've moved in the wrong way and just jolted your back slightly.

There's another game I want - The Michael Jackson Experience, it looks cool. A bit like Just Dance but its all of Michael Jacksons songs and dance moves, will be great! :D Its going on preorder I tell ya :p

Well now I'm P**sed too as its that TOTM and my back has started playing up again (only alittle bit this time), but I know its because of it being that TOTM so not letting it get to me to much.

Still gona try for another 30mins - 1hr on the Wii

Was only able to do 15minutes yesterday, due to me forgetting and letting poor ankle rest from too much Wii the day before, and hubby coming home early for doctors appointment...

Problem is I worry about getting board to easily, cause there are some games on there that I love doing, but fear that if I over do them I might get board thing give up to easily...

Hi i have bought all my consoles from cash generator or cash convertors as that is the only way i can afford them too :) Make a deposit then pay it up over 12 weeks - works for me :)

Hi i have bought all my consoles from cash generator or cash convertors as that is the only way i can afford them too :) Make a deposit then pay it up over 12 weeks - works for me :)

All the Wii games that we have recently purchased (bar the biggest loser) we got from car boot sales.. Most we get for £5 but we did get 2 for £6 once. Unfortunately none of them were fitness games.

Seen a few Wii Fits with boards at car boot sales when people have tried them a couple times, got fed up then left them sitting there gathering dust till they do a car booty (at least that's what one person told us) but never seen any EA Active Sports etc there...

So long as the disc is not scratched its usually worth a try, for £5 even if I only play it 5-6 times its worth it for me, not so if I paid £15+ in a games shop etc, and then found it wasn't really for me..

Wow zebredy hun, I've just looked at your tickers, you are doing so, so well, thats amazing! Well done!
I sometimes buy the RePlay games at HMV or the second hand games from Game, they're great and if they don't work when you get them home they're guaranteed by the shop but its rare that they don't work as they're checked before they sell them on. I am thinking of taking some of the games I never ever play in for that, I'll get some money for them and be able to buy a new game with what I get - depends how much they'll offer though! :D

Wow zebredy hun, I've just looked at your tickers, you are doing so, so well, thats amazing! Well done!
I sometimes buy the RePlay games at HMV or the second hand games from Game, they're great and if they don't work when you get them home they're guaranteed by the shop but its rare that they don't work as they're checked before they sell them on. I am thinking of taking some of the games I never ever play in for that, I'll get some money for them and be able to buy a new game with what I get - depends how much they'll offer though! :D

Thanks I'm trying, just did another 1hr 30mins walking gona do some Wii Fit later, unlocked advanced on the obstacle course, and that's so much fun gona do it again tonight.. (Hehe my hubby hasn't unlocked that yet)

I know its not as much as others but I know I need to stop comparing myself to others, which is hard, but I am getting there..

You should try GAME and HMV see if one offers more then the other (doubt it but worth a try)

Could put the money towards EA Sports Active 2

Thanks I'm trying, just did another 1hr 30mins walking gona do some Wii Fit later, unlocked advanced on the obstacle course, and that's so much fun gona do it again tonight.. (Hehe my hubby hasn't unlocked that yet)

I know its not as much as others but I know I need to stop comparing myself to others, which is hard, but I am getting there..

You should try GAME and HMV see if one offers more then the other (doubt it but worth a try)

Could put the money towards EA Sports Active 2
Where do you walk? I love walking and live near lots of walking tracks as live semi rurally so its lovely to get myself out and into the countryside for a bit to get away from it all!

Ahh wow the obstacle course is so much fun! I love it, the Advanced is brill, its got ice and everything :D I'm not sure of my time on that one but no ones beaten me in my house yet :p

Well I think you do very well on your workouts and yes you should stop comparing yourself to others hun, you just do what you're comfortable with, its important you don't push yourself too hard otherwise you'll make yourself unwell or hurt your back again.

Yeah I was thinking about Sports Active 2 and seeing if I could get some money off. Deffo not buying it for £70 however unless I win the lottery before the release date! :p
XXX

My bad back is due to bad posture and being overweight, so its one of those things that will hopefully get better over time. My hubby also says don't over do it cause of my back, but if it hurts slightly like half the time, then why give into it I say...

As far as walking goes I seem to live in a more built up area then you.

This is where I went today (not that its very interesting ) Bader Way to Main Rd/A118 - Google Maps

went though Lodge Park and too where it says Liberty ll and caught the bus home...

I try to do different routes each time, even if part of the route is the same, I like to spice it up a little every now and then...

Problem I am finding now is once I have been walking I'm too tired (must be cause Im so unfit) to jump on the Wii for like 2-3hrs sometimes. So need to get in the habit of the doing the Wii first, or could just wait till OH gets home I suppose.

We do 20minutes each then swap over, depending on the games/programmes we choose to do...

Yesterday when I went on the Wii I did the obstacle course for the first time in over 2 weeks, and without even trying I completed it first time and then unlocked advanced, I was so chuffed (how sad hey) that I went straight to trying the next one. On my second go, I got to the last stage, but alas I wasn't to good on that stage and time ran out :( Hopefully will have it completed by the end of the month, we shall see...

Oh do you live in Hornchurch hun? I used to live in Newbury Park, small world eh :D And yes, its much more built up there than here!

No wonder you are too tired to go on the Wii after so much walking, I would be the same, I think you're doing exceptionally well! I think probably you could afford to skip your Wii Fit after you've done all that walking.

Haha, its so annoying when the time runs out on the Obstacle Course! I love the music on that so I turn up and whistle along to it, I'm such a geek :p

Sort of near Hornchurch but we actually live just outside Elm Park, more towards Rainham (its called the airfield estate)

Well my hubby said why not do Wii Fit one day and maybe walking the next. After going away and having a 3 course meal and still losing such a big amount for me 3lbs (its a lot when I had a few weeks at 1.5) I want to keep going as I am.. (Ok so the portions were not massive and the food was sort of healthy-ish, but you get the point?)

I mean since I started I have gone from 1.5 to 2 and 2.5 and then 3. I know even with all this hard work I may still have weeks at 1 or 1.5 lbs but if I can help the weight come off any quicker, I'm gona keep at it..

Worth it in the long run, besides walking with my headphones on is so relaxing, I can forget about the rest of the world for an hr or 2 and enjoy myself, and when I used to do the EA Sports (which I'm hoping oo start again in the next couple days/week) I used to do some set routines I made, and turned the sound off, and just had my MP3 player going, it was so much fun..

Before this last couple of months, I never thought exercise whether outside or through the use of a games console, could be this much fun, and I'm so glad I'm enjoying it so much cause it would suck if I had to do it and didn't..

The Wii Fit + is calling me from the other room, so bye for now..

The Wii Fit + is now starting to get a little boring, and there only seem to be 5 things on there I really bother to do any-more.

Is it just me or do some of the things on there seem a little to much of a gimmick. I feel like if I do some of the stuff and get 2 minutes in the piggy I'm not getting the same workout as if I did other stuff on there.

Also how do I recalibrate the nunchuck, as I'm having a little bit of trouble with the boxing which I never used to have, it just doesn't seem to register a lot of my punches now..

Maybe I should just go back to the boxing on the EA Sports more workout as I really liked that, but gave it up when I thought it was the cause of my problems... (Got to try again sometime, and no time like the present)

The Wii Fit + is now starting to get a little boring, and there only seem to be 5 things on there I really bother to do any-more.

Is it just me or do some of the things on there seem a little to much of a gimmick. I feel like if I do some of the stuff and get 2 minutes in the piggy I'm not getting the same workout as if I did other stuff on there.

Also how do I recalibrate the nunchuck, as I'm having a little bit of trouble with the boxing which I never used to have, it just doesn't seem to register a lot of my punches now..

Maybe I should just go back to the boxing on the EA Sports more workout as I really liked that, but gave it up when I thought it was the cause of my problems... (Got to try again sometime, and no time like the present)
Hmm, I understand what you mean hun - there are some games on Wii Fit that I never ever play even for enjoyment never mind exercise. The ones I do for exercise are the really active ones, then I do the others (like the balance games etc) for fun and I never include the time spent on them in my exercise total as I don't think they are exercise - they're just for fun.

You don't actually calibrate the nunchuck, its only plugged into your Wii remote which is calibrated so that does the work for you if you get what I mean. I know what you mean though as my nunchuck doesn't register sometimes, maybe try changing your batteries in the Wii remote? As remember the nunchuck plugs into that and uses its power not its own.

You could maybe try your boxing on EA and see how you go? Try the gentlest one first but mind if you get in pain then please stop immediately!

Another gamer here! I'm a bit of a geek along with it.

I have a Wii, an xbox 360, a playstation 2, a ds and a pc for games.
I spend alot of my time on the 360 playing mainly roleplay games, the wii I use for my workouts, playing wiifit plus and the biggest loser games to try to shed the pounds! I'm a fan of the sims on the pc and enjoy playing games like cultures. But I'm mainly into the achievements on xbox 360 - I like adding to my gamerscore.

Any other 360 bods here??!

Back