Secret gamer!

Hi, just got halfway through fable3, I'm massive gamer and getting kinect for Xmas, what's fav game??

Oooh lucky you getting Kinect, let me know what its like :D

I think my 3 fave games at the moment are Wii Fit, Wii Sports Resort and Wii Party - I'm such a saddo for cutesy games :D

Any other 360 bods here??!

Yep, i like the survival horror type games best such as res evil and silent hill.... i'm currently wading through oblivion atm, need to get it finished before xmas though as i'm getting fallout new vegas as a pressie.. Can't wait! :D

I've just got a PS3 and am waiting for the Tennis Game Topspin 3 - which I loved on the original Xbox - hope its just as good on the PS3 :D

Oooh lucky you having a PS3, I'd love one but can't afford one. You getting Move with it? I think Kinect looks awesome but again I don't have an XBox and can't afford it atm - maybe one day when I get a full time job :D
I'm only using my Wii for exercise atm so taking the fun out slightly - apart from my Just Dance sessions, they're fab, love them!

Yep, i like the survival horror type games best such as res evil and silent hill.... i'm currently wading through oblivion atm, need to get it finished before xmas though as i'm getting fallout new vegas as a pressie.. Can't wait! :D

Left 4 dead. (Y)

x

Has anyone who has a Wii, got Wii Party yet?

I'm hoping to get it on the weekend, as an early Birthday present / joint Christmas present for my hubby and me, but wanted to know if anyone out there has bought and used it already (know a few who have it but are saving it for Christmas Eve / Christmas Day time and so on, as its a Christmas present for the family.)

I have seen some good clips online about it, and what with the nephews coming over I thought it would be a bit more fun then just the usual Mario Kart or Monopoly (which are both great but its kinda boring doing the same games every year)

Hey hunnie, I have Wii Party and I would highly recommend it, its great fun and a laugh too, its also a cute change from the exercise games. I really enjoy playing on mine, I have many hours of fun in the evening on it. I love the Match Up game. You also get a Wii remote with the game so its cool :)

I'm going to try and get the Michael Jackson Experience soon, I love the look of it. I also want to get the latest Professor Layton game for my DS, I love that series but its just affording to get them all as they're both £30 and I wanted to wait til an offer was on!

Let me know what you think of Wii Party when you get it :) X

Hey hunnie, I have Wii Party and I would highly recommend it, its great fun and a laugh too, its also a cute change from the exercise games. I really enjoy playing on mine, I have many hours of fun in the evening on it. I love the Match Up game. You also get a Wii remote with the game so its cool :)

I'm going to try and get the Michael Jackson Experience soon, I love the look of it. I also want to get the latest Professor Layton game for my DS, I love that series but its just affording to get them all as they're both £30 and I wanted to wait til an offer was on!

Let me know what you think of Wii Party when you get it :) X

Thanks, seen a lot of reviews on gaming sites and watched a few youtube clips so assuming I'm gona like this.

The OH gets paid on Friday so he said I could maybe get it then (fingers crossed) trouble is most places have sold out, and those that haven't are selling it for far to much money imo, I mean £30 is ok but £39-49 for the same game with a controller is a little steep (sorry if you paid that much)

Anyway here is to hoping someone has it in stock on Friday / The Weekend

Oooh lucky you having a PS3, I'd love one but can't afford one. You getting Move with it? I think Kinect looks awesome but again I don't have an XBox and can't afford it atm - maybe one day when I get a full time job :D
I'm only using my Wii for exercise atm so taking the fun out slightly - apart from my Just Dance sessions, they're fab, love them!

No not getting Move - dont have enough room to use one of them. I love the interaction through the online aspect of the PS3 though - loving driving games such as Need For Speed Hot Pursuit right now. I'm also a PC gamer and will be getting the new expansion for World of Warcraft in the next few days too.... such a geek lol.

Ordered Wii Party from Tesco Direct for £24.70, hopefully it will be in my local Tesco tomorrow on my birthday, but failing that I can live with Wednesday (hopefully not any later due to bad weather)

Sure it said it came with a controller, but thinking back it might have said it was compatible with one? Saw loads of Wii Parties in my Grans local Tesco at Lakeside, but they all came with black controllers and were £34.70. I have 4 controllers but it would have been nice to have a spare, just in case.

Anyway as it is by Birthday tomorrow, we went shopping yesterday (my OH and me) and he picked up a few more Wii games for me. Yes he gets to enjoy them too, but he wouldn't have bought them in the first place if I didn't want them.

We bought most of them second hand (usually do nowadays, its just so much cheaper)

Got Mario Party, The newest Monopoly game 'Monopoly Street' (great got loads of different boards to unlock, plus a street mode where you can see your houses/hotels being built on a real street) I love monopoly.

Got Hysterical Hospital Emergency Ward, (kinda reminds me of my fav computer game, Theme Hospital, not that I have actually played it yet) and lastly we got two really really cheap second hand ones 'KORORINPA' a puzzle game with a ball you have to get round a maze in the air that can be played with up too two people, and 'super FRUIT FALL' which is another puzzle game where you have to clear all fruit on board by clearing 3 or more of the same fruit, can also be played by two people.

Sounds like a lot, but its also my Christmas present as well, and plus Wii Party is a present for both of us.

Think he feels bad cause last year he only got me a cheap cd (his words) and some small Me To You bears at Christmas.

I did say I didn't mind anything and that it was the thought that counts, plus unless you buy them at a car boot sale, even the small Me To You bears are not that cheap. But he really felt like he had to make up for last year so kinda went a little mad this time (not that I'm complaining, but he knows with my work situation I can't get him that much, and even though he doesn't mind, it just makes me feel more guilty when he gets all this for me)

My mums right, my OH is defiantly 1 in a million

Well did you get the game hun? I was playing on mine last night and was on it for about 4 hours :eek: I love it though, you'll have to let me know which minigames you don't like - I hate Derby Dash and the one where the babies cry! I got addicted to playing Globe Trot last night, played about 4 rounds of it! I wish it had Wi-Fi as we could have played each other on it.

I mean £30 is ok but £39-49 for the same game with a controller is a little steep (sorry if you paid that much)
No need to apologise hunnie, its your opinion and you're entitled to that (and you're quite right too!) I paid £34.99 for my Wii Party with controller but I got it on pre-order as I didn't want to wait, so I got it delivered on its day of release :D
I want a few games at the moment but they're all £30 and I don't think any of them are worth that much so I'm going to see if there are any reductions after Christmas.

By the way I love the sound of the games you bought, they sound fantastic, I really want Monopoly Streets too, I was waiting for the price to go down, gonna see if I can grab myself a bargain with it.

Let me know what you think of Wii Party hun, I like your little reviews of things! Hows the cats too? :) x

I also hate Maze Daze and Lofty Leap - grrr!!

Wooo! I am such a gamer, so I'm loving this thread!!
Having 2 kids (one 4 years, and one 3 months) means I don't have as much time to play as I would like, but i use it as my down time with my OH.
I love my xbox 360 and am mainly playing Black ops or Fable 3 atm, but im trying to wean myself on to the wii, so I can game and exercise at the same time!! Will be treating myself to some dancey type games I think, so any recommendations are much needed and appreciated!! xxx

if u have xbox get the kinects !!!!!!! its soooo great

Well did you get the game hun? I was playing on mine last night and was on it for about 4 hours :eek: I love it though, you'll have to let me know which minigames you don't like - I hate Derby Dash and the one where the babies cry! I got addicted to playing Globe Trot last night, played about 4 rounds of it! I wish it had Wi-Fi as we could have played each other on it.

No need to apologise hunnie, its your opinion and you're entitled to that (and you're quite right too!) I paid £34.99 for my Wii Party with controller but I got it on pre-order as I didn't want to wait, so I got it delivered on its day of release :D
I want a few games at the moment but they're all £30 and I don't think any of them are worth that much so I'm going to see if there are any reductions after Christmas.

By the way I love the sound of the games you bought, they sound fantastic, I really want Monopoly Streets too, I was waiting for the price to go down, gonna see if I can grab myself a bargain with it.

Let me know what you think of Wii Party hun, I like your little reviews of things! Hows the cats too? :) x

Wii Party is great, thanks for asking. Been playing that and Monopoly Street for over half the day with my hubby today, while he has been off.

Not sure of the names at the mo, but the one where the barrel falls and you have to stop it before it hits you is fun. Not to keen on the ski jump one, as I have only made two successful jumps so far.

Not played glob trotting yet, looked a bit naff when I saw it being played by someone on youtube, gona give that a try tomorrow as my hubby was interested in that..

____

Been mainly playing the board game and the roulette one, and have already unlocked expert opponents but I personally think there idea of beginner of intermediate opponents is weird, cause sometimes I don't notice the difference in difficulty..(Could just be me)

I have also played the 1 player mini game with 30 levels where you have to get to the watering can and water the plant, without getting stuck (cant think of the name, hopefully you know which one I'm on about) Took me less then 35mins to do 29 levels, silly thing is, still can't get passed the last level. Did try once but haven't had a chance to try it again since I first got the game
____

Monopoly Street is great, though when you have won enough games or simply racked up enough money to unlock other boards, watch out for the sweets board lol. Best not play it when your having a 'diet off day' as I landed on a property called Profiteroles, (my hubbies favourite) he so wanted some right then LMAO.

Its great, I mean not only can you unlock different boards or more characters to play (and even your own Mii to play as) but there are different modes/games you can play. The one I like the most is using Speed Dice, where after the first time round the board, you get an extra dice, which either gives you a number (so you can go further on the board) or a bus symbol and you chose where to get off (think its depends on what you rolled on the two dice you already have) or a Mr Monopoly symbol which moves you to the next free property on the board (automatically) if there are any free. Nice little twist to the game.. There are others but that my favourite so far..

____

Oh and the cats are fine thanks, the tree is still in once piece LMAO. Still cracks me up watching Suzie go for a bauble with her tiny paws and bat one enough times to get it off the tree, only to find one of the other cats has started playing with it. Its like, all that hard work to get the bauble off the tree and someone else stole it from her lol (poor thing) kind of deserves it me thinks for taking it off the tree in the first place...

We just redid the living-room (in our two bed flat) as my Dad just got me a wall bracket for our TV as my Christmas/Birthday present (plus the nephew who said he would help us wall mount it, kindly came and helped us do that on Sunday). We are thinking of having kids, and well wether we do now or in the next few years, we needed to get the dinning table out of the second bedroom and into the living-room, and could only do that with the TV being wall mounted.

Its took me about 30 mins to get used to sitting so much closer to our big TV and I think the cats were like WTH with everything being moved around.

NB it could just be me, but noticed sitting closer it is much easier to read what is on screen when playing a game on Monopoly Streets. Where we used to sit I sometimes had trouble reading (exactly) what different game modes were, like when I tried to read exactly what Speed Dice mode was. We do have quite a big TV so didn't think it would have been a problem at all.

____

Ooh sorry for posting so much, haven't been on here for a few days, due to not being at home on my own for the last couple days, and having tried Wii Party and Monopoly, just thought I would let you know what I thought. Though probably could have written more, but I think I've written more then enough for now :eek:

Last edited:
Wow zebredy I tell you what, you can be my official reviewer from now on, I love your in depth analysis of the games :D

You're stuck on the exact same level as I am on that watering can game on Wii Party - have you cracked it yet?! No way can I get past level 30 - I whizzed through the first 29. I wish there were more than only 30 levels on that one, I really like it.
Have you tried the one where you have to take the little guys to their correct coloured house? That one gets pretty hectic I have to say but I really like it too!
I like the barrell mini game as well - did you try Globe Trot, what did you think? It takes a bit of getting used to but I really like that one now. I also love the pairing up game and the Mii of a Kind - cool!
I agree about the difficulty levels too!

I LOVE your review of Monopoly Streets, its really made me want to get it and I shall just as soon as the post is reliable again :rolleyes: Its reduced now all over to only £14.99 so I don't think thats too bad. I always loved Monopoly and that looks really fun, I like the way the characters move etc and the different boards. I can't wait to get it - I'm gonna order it online and get it delivered though as I can't face the shops atm, way too hectic for my liking!

I laughed at the cats with the tree and baubals - hee hee :D I also giggled at them wondering about the room being moved about, my cat does that too, he hates mess though so if things in are chaos he stays in my bedroom out the way as I'm a neat freak and my room is always tidy :p I tidy it even before I go to sleep in it :eek: But if the room is in chaos if we're changing it around downstairs then he won't come in til its all tidy again then he goes inspecting where everything has been moved to, little horror :p

And never apologise for your long posts, I always enjoy them hunnie :D

Oh yeah and btw hun EA Sports Active 2 is now reduced to £50 - looks like if we wait long enough we'll get it nice and cheap - yay! :D

Oh yeah and btw hun EA Sports Active 2 is now reduced to £50 - looks like if we wait long enough we'll get it nice and cheap - yay! :D

Woohoo, yeah saw that a few days ago, just before Christmas.

Still a bit much for me at the mo. My hubby doesn't much care for the EA games, due to all the leg (and now arm) straps that have to be warn, so no chance of convincing him yet, until the price drops a lot more..

With us 90% sure we will be much better off next Christmas, I'm hoping for an xbox or playstation then, so not sure wether I should just get the Wii version when it comes down a lot more in price, or hold out for the playstation/xbox version towards the end of next year, when we can afford to treat ourselves to a new console?

I can wait that long for the game if it means getting a version of the game on a console that has better add ons, plus I still use the old EA Sports so the new one isn't something I really need to have now (well defiantly not at the price it first was when it first came out)

Woohoo, yeah saw that a few days ago, just before Christmas.

Still a bit much for me at the mo. My hubby doesn't much care for the EA games, due to all the leg (and now arm) straps that have to be warn, so no chance of convincing him yet, until the price drops a lot more..

With us 90% sure we will be much better off next Christmas, I'm hoping for an xbox or playstation then, so not sure wether I should just get the Wii version when it comes down a lot more in price, or hold out for the playstation/xbox version towards the end of next year, when we can afford to treat ourselves to a new console?

I can wait that long for the game if it means getting a version of the game on a console that has better add ons, plus I still use the old EA Sports so the new one isn't something I really need to have now (well defiantly not at the price it first was when it first came out)
Yeah its still a bit much for me too, I want a few games atm but I think they're all overpriced at the mo so I'm waiting til they go down, was hoping they would be in the sales but no such luck, they're only selling off the rubbish in them!

I want to try to get an XBox too as I'd really like a Kinect but without a lottery win its no way for me :( Maybe if they go down in price and offer a good bundle deal I'll be able to get one. I heard Nintendo are going to be doing a new Wii too but not sure when that will be.

I agree with you about being able to wait for the game. I'm thinking the Wii is lagging behind a bit now that Kinect is out but we'll see what they bring out next.

Hope you saw my post above the other one too, just want you to know how much I appreciate your review posts :D

Back