Secret gamer!

Wooo! I am such a gamer, so I'm loving this thread!!
Having 2 kids (one 4 years, and one 3 months) means I don't have as much time to play as I would like, but i use it as my down time with my OH.
I love my xbox 360 and am mainly playing Black ops or Fable 3 atm, but im trying to wean myself on to the wii, so I can game and exercise at the same time!! Will be treating myself to some dancey type games I think, so any recommendations are much needed and appreciated!! xxx
Hey Naneth, the best dancey type games for the Wii are Just Dance and Just Dance 2, they're brill, I love mine and they really get you working out! There is also a game with all the Michael Jackson dances on, I don't own it yet but it looks great. I'd also recommend My Fitness Coach Dance Workout, that one is great too, really gets your hips moving!

If you have Kinect on your XBox then I think Dance Central looks amazing although its a bit pricey at the moment.

As for the Wii you could also try Wii Fit and EA Sports Active, I have both of those and they're great. Any more info you want just ask one of us :D

Originally Posted by imso
Yep, i like the survival horror type games best such as res evil and silent hill.... i'm currently wading through oblivion atm, need to get it finished before xmas though as i'm getting fallout new vegas as a pressie.. Can't wait! :D

i like horror games and fps and im currently torn between cod:black ops and oblivion but just got fifa 11 aswell for my bday so ill be playing that aswell and to top it all off little big planet 2 came today so im gonna have to go out and buy another controller so me and my wife can complete it like we did the first one im so excited haha

I've got an xbox 360, only got it a month or so ago. Mainly play Mw2, Black Ops and Forza 3.

If anyone wants my gamertag please pm me, I could do with some friends on xbox live :)

Was thinking about getting an Xbox (or even maybe the playstation 3) nearer Christmas, but not sure there would be too many games on it I would want to play . Wouldn't mind trying some racing games with my OH..

I'm a bit of a Mario fan and I love Wiis party/family orientated games, plus we don't have the room for Xbox's kinex (I don't think) and living in a flat any singing types games would be out of the question ( I don't sing quietly)...

Been edging more towards the playstation because the Move looks good and similar to the Wii, and space wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Anyone tried either the Xbox kinex or Playstation Move and got any thoughts on them?

___

PS lunar jim love the before and after pics, thats what my hubby is aiming for at the mo (he's lost over 2 stone so far)

Apparently you need a lot of space for Kinect and PS Move is affected by the light in your room (like from a window) so I've heard but you could double check on that. I think maybe both platforms will have much better games out by this Christmas and probably offers on too so I hope you can pick which one you want after you've done a bit of homework on which one is best ;)

Miss Mango said:
Apparently you need a lot of space for Kinect and PS Move is affected by the light in your room (like from a window) so I've heard but you could double check on that. I think maybe both platforms will have much better games out by this Christmas and probably offers on too so I hope you can pick which one you want after you've done a bit of homework on which one is best ;)

We bought my son the kinect for Xmas we already have wii and ps3 but didn't fancy ps3 move as it looks do similar too wii
I must admit I'm not a gamer, I have 4 kids hence all consoles BUT I am one who uses the kinect most I love it and dance central is awesome although we do go back to just dance 1 and 2 at times it's much easier work put but far better for your arms!
Kinect works in our living room you basically get told how far to stand back I'd say it would work in most standard size living rooms well mine isn't huge

We bought my son the kinect for Xmas we already have wii and ps3 but didn't fancy ps3 move as it looks do similar too wii
I must admit I'm not a gamer, I have 4 kids hence all consoles BUT I am one who uses the kinect most I love it and dance central is awesome although we do go back to just dance 1 and 2 at times it's much easier work put but far better for your arms!
Kinect works in our living room you basically get told how far to stand back I'd say it would work in most standard size living rooms well mine isn't huge
Ahh thanks for that info, its just that I'd read online loads of people complaining about needing a big room for Kinect - they mustn't be doing it properly ;)
I would love a Kinect tbh but I'd have to use it downstairs as bedroom is too small. I think the Dance Central looks amazing - I bet its miles better than Just Dance for the Wii.
I cannot afford to get myself an XBox and Kinect just yet as need a new laptop first - things are sooo expensive!

Thanks for the info hun, I appreciate it :) xxx

Kinect is sooooo much better than wii, trade it everything u own on wii and get xbox!!!! Dance central rocks, your shape is amazing!! And sports just soooo fun

woo fellow gamers!! :D
I love my xbox and am on it whenever I can. I play a bit of everything. I've just finished Fable 3, but am still adventuring to get the achievments and find keys etc. I have also started Dead Space 2 which is scaring the hell out of me. I also play things like Left 4 Dead, COD, Red Dead Redemption etc!!
If anyone wants to add me my gamertag is VIOLENT S1REN :)

Fable 3 was let down, waited a year for it

woo fellow gamers!! :D
I love my xbox and am on it whenever I can. I play a bit of everything. I've just finished Fable 3, but am still adventuring to get the achievments and find keys etc. I have also started Dead Space 2 which is scaring the hell out of me. I also play things like Left 4 Dead, COD, Red Dead Redemption etc!!
If anyone wants to add me my gamertag is VIOLENT S1REN :)

Added you (Vandarus)

Me and the OH are big gamers. We own a stupid amount of consoles. We're on and off World of Warcraft players, and when we're not playing WoW, we're usually playing some other kind of MMORPG (Runes of Magic, LOTRO, EQ2, etc).
Also both big Xbox 360 players, especially since the Kinect came out. The new fad is the fitness, sport and dancing games on it! :D

Me and the OH are big gamers. We own a stupid amount of consoles. We're on and off World of Warcraft players, and when we're not playing WoW, we're usually playing some other kind of MMORPG (Runes of Magic, LOTRO, EQ2, etc).
Also both big Xbox 360 players, especially since the Kinect came out. The new fad is the fitness, sport and dancing games on it! :D

Cool, which server do you play RoM on? I play on Macantacht.

Hello all i love gaming have done so since my mother bought me a mega driave at the age of 8 lol. Now its playstation 3 hehehe.
Oh wow I remember Mega Drives :D I also remember the Nintendo Entertainment System, it was so cool back then but looks so dated now :D Some people love retro gaming though don't they!

My first computer was the Atari ST when I was 3, it had loads of games you could play on it, Lemmings, Buggy Boy, Paperboy, I loved them all! Very, very dated now though :p

I used to be addicted to playing Chips Challenge on the Windows system as well, I think it came free on Windows 3.1 or something, cute little addictive game, can't get it anymore.

BUT I'm a Wii-aholic now :D I spend many an hour browsing the newest games, seeing what I want to buy next :D I really want a Kinect, they lok excellent, can't afford one though so will stick to the Wii for now.

God I've rambled there :p

I really want a Kinect, they lok excellent, can't afford one though so will stick to the Wii for now.
Do it! It'll be the best thing you've ever done! If you like the Wii you'll ADORE the Kinect. It's so responsive and you get a FAR better workout because you actually have to do the action correctly for it to work. Not like the Wii where half the time you could just cheat :p

Plus, they've managed to make even the fitness games fun to play. And even the ones that aren't designed for fitness give you a great workout. The football on the Kinect Sports is SO fun! I've never liked playing football, but I often play online with people. I especially love Dance Central too!

Do it! It'll be the best thing you've ever done! If you like the Wii you'll ADORE the Kinect. It's so responsive and you get a FAR better workout because you actually have to do the action correctly for it to work. Not like the Wii where half the time you could just cheat :p

Plus, they've managed to make even the fitness games fun to play. And even the ones that aren't designed for fitness give you a great workout. The football on the Kinect Sports is SO fun! I've never liked playing football, but I often play online with people. I especially love Dance Central too!
Thanks for this, I'm now convinced to get my X box and Kinect :D I'll have to save for a few months first though as I don't want to get rid of my Wii so can't do any swap in deals.
I'll let you guys know when I manage to get one! FIngers crossed! :D

Back