Seem to have reached a plateau

moochelle

:sigh:
so frustrating.
i've changed all my snacks from SF crisps/chocolate to fruit and veg and have started cooking really healthy meals for tea of no more than 600 cals.
i drink plenty of water/juice and have started swimming.
i quit smoking so feel like ive got more energy.
i dont eat a morning snack so i'm only having 2 snacks a day.

weight not shifting at all. :confused:

any suggestions on how to overcome this? xxx

Try eating more. I know it sounds crazy, but it does work - it snaps your body out of the routine it's probably now used to. I do it when I feel like i'm not making any progress - I don't go crazy, but I might have a sandwich instead of my lunchtime shake, or I an extra snack, or just whatever I feel like. I go back to the plan the next day.
This works for me!

that sounds like good advice alpha,,, thats maybe why im shifting my weight as at weekends i dont follow sf to closely even tho im careful what im eating

how long have you given up smoking for? i know its not good and whatever you do please dont start smoking again (i wish i could stop) but nicotine actully raises your metabolism slightly!
whatever you do dont go under your calorie limit as your body will go in to starvation mode and you wont lose weight.
try tracking all for food on myfitnesspal.com and that will also track the amount of sugar you are getting as well.

ooh...i quit just over 2 weeks ago (GO ME) and to be honest i thought i'd go right off the rails with eating but ive been ok.
i have the my fitness pal app on my phone band haven't really used it but i'm trying it out now and seems to be good! :)
i think i will start eating that morning snack too (or having it in the evening or something, im just never overly hungry so don't bother. also...i have my afternoon snack with my lunch and sometimes even forget to have my evening snack...

i'm answering all my own questions here aren't I? lol

i do need to exercise more i think though! i want to buy one of these vibration power plates which might kick start me (so i've heard).

i think i'll have to keep you all updated this week!!! :D x

Just a quick update...
I've just had the nicest tea EVER! sweet potato, chick pea and pepper korma with cous cous (399 cals) - had to add some crisps to this to bump it up a bit!!
i've typed my daily food intake into this diary thing and it says :-
*i've got 163 cals left
*i have 31g of fat left (18g sat fat)
*i've gone wayyy over my daily sugar limit (although im CERTAIN thats from slim fast alone)
* no cholesterol
*too much VitA & VitC

Is this normal??

thankyoooouuuu xxxxx

Last edited:
Just a quick update...
I've just had the nicest tea EVER! sweet potato, chick pea and pepper korma with cous cous (399 cals) - had to add some crisps to this to bump it up a bit!!
i've typed my daily food intake into this diary thing and it says :-
*i've got 163 cals left
*i have 31g of fat left (18g sat fat)
*i've gone wayyy over my daily sugar limit (although im CERTAIN thats from slim fast alone)
* no cholesterol
*too much VitA & VitC

Is this normal??

thankyoooouuuu xxxxx
i only go by the cals used on the site. just from my slimfast alone i go over on the sugar every day. plus when i add the skimmed milk that i have in my tea the sugar scale goes sky high so wouldnt worry about it too much!
remember to add everything on it from milk to butter even sugar free sweets and gum. it all mounts up fast!

whoops...forgot about my coffee this morning.
just added that and got cals all bumped up now. i've got 130 left (which i probably won't use seeing as its 7pm now and i go to bed early).
i'm going to weigh myself tomorrow or thursday and i'll see if my weight has changed at all! xxx

sweet potato is yummmyyy!! i'm just tucking into some roasted vegetables (with sweet potato). erm...they kinda taste like a cross between potato and parsnip. easy to make and make a delicious healthy alternative! :) plus i thiiiinnnkkk theyre less calories! :) x

Back