September (re) starting CD club!!

Hi everyone.

I just started SS today, you're all doing so well I hope I can too.

Hi Kati - welcome aboard m8ee :)

Minimins is FAB - we'rs using this wee thread for peeps who aren't long started and still feeling their way - sooo your defo in the right place !

Good luck for your CD journey - first few days are a bit tricky but stick with it cos the results are wll worth it :D

Don't forget to pop in here to let us know how ur doin !

Spk to u tomoro....

Hi Kati!

Welcome to the board & our little club!!

Well done on making the all important start, the first few days are tough but stick with it, fir me it was very hard BUT not as hard as I thought it was going to be (certainly not out of the woods yet!) if that makes sense & well manageable...

Having said that I couldn't have done it without the support from here so keep posting & drinking the water... the water is the key from what I've read, I am aiming for 4 litres a day at the moment & once my bladder gets used to that will up it to 5 then ultimately to 6 (and then I will never sleep again due to peeing all bloody night he he he!!)

We will all get there with a bit of help from our friends!!!

Hi Everyone

Glad to see those amazing losses WoW!

I'm afraid it all went a bit pear shaped yesterday lunchtime with some cheese and pepperoni!

Managed to stick to things the rest of the day, but was up 1lb today. I really want to lose my 3.5lbs this week for my weigh in on Monday but am worried I've undermined it all.

Feeling low, but what option is there but to stick to it?

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Surprisingly I didn't find yesterday too hard and I loved the flavours of the packs I had (toffee and walnut, chicken and mushroom and oriental chilli) I managed to get the 4 litres of water down plus a bit more and amazingly I didn't have to get p in the night for the toilet at all!

I did have a pounding headache all day yesterday so went to bed early that might have helped with not being hungry though. I had it before starting the diet so I can't blame it on that.

My biggest problem is I work with food so I have the temptation around me all day as well as people trying to make me eat.

Soraya I hope the cheeseand pepperoni wont have made much difference to your weightloss, at least now you've had it and you can get back to not eating again :)

Hi Everyone

I'm afraid it all went a bit pear shaped yesterday lunchtime with some cheese and pepperoni!

Managed to stick to things the rest of the day, but was up 1lb today. I really want to lose my 3.5lbs this week for my weigh in on Monday but am worried I've undermined it all.

Feeling low, but what option is there but to stick to it?

Hi Soraya - sorry ur feeling a bit low today :(

BUT don't panic - this happened to me too - I weighed myself halfway thru week 2 - and I'd put on 3lbs !!! but it was only fluid (I had drank loads of water the day before) - I was really down - but stuck with it...and on WI I lost 4lbs :)

so just keep on keeping on...you can't fail to lose weight on so few calories - stick to your packs and keep on glugging :D

Pop on here too if you get a chance - there's always a post or two to make ya smile :)

have a good day hun....stick with it !!

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Surprisingly I didn't find yesterday too hard and I loved the flavours of the packs I had (toffee and walnut, chicken and mushroom and oriental chilli) I managed to get the 4 litres of water down plus a bit more and amazingly I didn't have to get p in the night for the toilet at all!

I did have a pounding headache all day yesterday so went to bed early that might have helped with not being hungry though. I had it before starting the diet so I can't blame it on that.

My biggest problem is I work with food so I have the temptation around me all day as well as people trying to make me eat.

Soraya I hope the cheeseand pepperoni wont have made much difference to your weightloss, at least now you've had it and you can get back to not eating again :)

Morning Kati - nice to see ya again !

Glad yesterday wasn't toooo bad....well done for resisting the food - that must've been tuff for ya .....have a good day and talk to you later :)

Helloooo ladeez :D

hope you are all well - me ? not too bad today - bit headachey but TOTM due Friday and alwasy get headache for the few days before that - roll on menopause !!!

At home today and have a pile of ironing to do and to take Mollie doggie to the groomers :p

Have a great day all - catch ya later :)

hugs....

Hi everyone
Glad to hear you're all doing ok. Well done Anna on such a fantastic loss!!
My tummy has been a bit rumbly over the last couple of days and I can see how easy it would be just to open the fridge and have a nibble but so far I'm managing to stay strong and a large part of that is down to you guys. Without the support and encouragement that I find on this site it would have been easy to throw the towel in days ago. But here I am half way through my 3rd week and still SSing!
I so want this to be the last diet I ever do, I want to be able to move forward from here with a better understanding of myself and a healthier relationship with food.
I've always looked for quick fixes before then when I've not seen the results I wanted I end up bingeing and beating myself up over it. And although I am seeing far quicker results with CD than with any other diet I have ever tried (and there's been a few!!) I have to keep reminding myself that this is a marathon not a sprint and if I just keep plodding on I'll get to the finish line.
Well guys enough of my rambling, have a fantastic day and talk to you all soon xx

Hi Guys
I have to join in and start communicating with people in the same boat as me. I have been reading a lot of threads on this site and it has been such a support over the past couple of days.
I am SSing, and actually doing OK......but I did lighter life several years ago, lost loads of weight, felt great and learnt nothing, just started piling it all back on and now I am heavier than I was!!
Determined not to make the same mistake and really look at myself and my relationship with food. CD is very similar but somehow it seems less stringent.
Really looking forward to getting to know you all and supporting each other through this!!

Hi Everyone

Not to worry soraya, my day didnt go quite according to plan on the diet front either! still You're back on and that's the main thing. Me too :D

Glad to hear everyone doing soo well...

Welcome aboard Gilly, can I ask are your pictures on Manic Mandys site, sure there was a Gilly on there - sorry if I've got the wrong person!!

Anna stick to your plan tonight and you'll be just fine:)

Well, I'm a happy bunny, had a report to do, which is late, but it's near enough done - have sent it to my mate who'll jiggle the words round where need be - but least I have it near enough out the way! It's my daughters Statement of Educational needs, which needs to be done every year. thing is it was meant to be done beg of August so that it can be distributed to those attending the meeting - still it'll just have to be handed out on the day, (friday). Must start not leaving everything to the last minute!!

How's your day's going so far???

Can I Join??

Hi,

I have just registered because i was surfing to find others on the Cambridge Diet. This is my first day and so far so good however I am concerned about my CDC.

I met her last night and she just asked me to fill in the form then choose what flavours I wanted. She said to call her next weel if I wanted more - no suggestion of a weigh in or ketosis or anything like that.

What should I do because I don't want to give up?

Bx

Hi Everyone

Managed tos tick to the diet yesterday despite everything!

My DH has just been told he needs to move job or be threatened with being made redundant (I wish they'd just give him the money so he can start his own business, but they just keep stressing him with threats), we're house buying and it's been valued at loads more than we thought (aagh) and we weren't successful in suing our endowment provider because the financial advisor wrote a letter and lied through his teeth! I was feng shui-ing the house at midnight to stop myself eating and telling myself that this was more positive?!

Read my stars and there's a load of eclipses going on - hope that's what it is and that I'll have lost weigh by my WI on Mon. Want to lose 3.5lbs and be at 153, but so far weight still at 156.5 which is Mondays WI weight.

Hope everyone else's day is going better! Looking forward to reading posts!

Hi,

I have just registered because i was surfing to find others on the Cambridge Diet. This is my first day and so far so good however I am concerned about my CDC.

I met her last night and she just asked me to fill in the form then choose what flavours I wanted. She said to call her next weel if I wanted more - no suggestion of a weigh in or ketosis or anything like that.

What should I do because I don't want to give up?

Bx

If you aren't happy you could always change your CDC. I'm thinking about changing because i'm not sure that i really "gel" with mine (plus she's a 40 min drive away).

Smallkat

Morning all!
Well just a quick update- last day in work & SOOOOO much to do...at least it'll keep my mind off food he he!
Had my meal out last night & it was fine, I stuck to plan & even though it was really difficult I managed to resist all temptation, had steak, salad, mushrooms, water & coffee!!
Did a test this morning & seem to be still in ketosis though I don't know how long it takes to show up if you have done any damage!!

Soraya- so sorry you are going through so much at the moment, it must be a really tough time, just think if you can get through this SSing you can get through anything... sending you a cyber hug XXX

Welcome to Gilly & Barajak- you have taken the first step now nothing can stop you!! Gilly, the support here is great, post away anytime you feel like you need it!
Barajak- I would defo advise you to look for another CDC in your area, you should certainly be getting more support than that!

Geri- well done on the report, I know what a weight off your mind it is when you get something like that done.. bet you feel 2 stone lighter now even just mentally!!!

Bluemoon- you sound so positive, good on ya girl, we can all do this together...

Debz- how you feeling today, hope the headache has passed?

Smallkat & everyone else- how are you getting on?

Have a great Cambridge day everyone & don't forget the H2O!!!!

Laters!!

Hi All,
Sounds like barjack def needs a new CDC. That is terrible. I had a really hard night last night, so went out visiting friends instead of the fridge. Ny partner has just gone offshore for the first time, I dropped him at the airport and then felt like a little lost puppy. I am such an emotional eater, and found last night tough. Anyway I survived, and its on with another day.

How do you cope with not comfort eating?????

Hi Everyone - I've cheered up after the misery of the last few days.

Gilly - I dn't know how you avoid comfort eating. I think it must be like they say for smokers trying to quit - anticipate when and where it may happen and figure out ways to avoid it. I think you made a great start by going to friends anyway.

BTW I was interested that your partner works offshore. I'm in Aberdeen and go offshore sometimes too! I'm avoiding it at the moment as I don't think CD is enough for me to be offshore and resist all their high carb food!

Hi Again,
Soraya - I too am in, not so sunny, Aberdeen!:)

Off to do late night shopping for a outfit for a wedding.....hmmm probably be a case of buying what fits as opposed to what I like. Wish it was several months down the line, and I could buy what I want.

Hope you are all doing well.

G
x

Hi Anna! I'm doing ok - on Day 5 now - still ravenous. I could chew my own arm off...
Still, i'm going to stick with it.
The bad bits so far have been the comments from people at work. I work mainly with blokes, and they are a bit jeering about me going to lunch with them and not eating! But i have not given in yet, although believe me sitting at a table with them with a glass of water whilst i can smell their food is very VERY hard!

I've been dreaming about food... which is making things even worse!!

Anyone in the birmingham area who can recommend a CDC? Mine i think is more of a fortnightly person, and i think i need weekly motivation!

Smallkat

hi glad to see everyone is sticking to it :)

Barjack i had pretty much the same experience as you with mine. I'll have to remember to phone her to mak sure I can go and see her on monday because she's off on holiday on tueasday! Doubt she will say much more than she did already though.

About comfort eating..I'm a big comfort eater, specially when my kids go to their dads. So far I've avoided it by not having the type of food there that I would usually eat but I'm only on day 3. I think what soraya said is great advice.

Smallkat do you go to lunch with them for the social time together? If not then is it possible for you to go for a walk or something during that time? that way you wouldn't have to sit and watch them eat which can't be nice when you have nothing yourself

Back