seriously considering slim and save - opinions and experiences please!

just had my bar, so i think i'll warm a choc shake and have it while in bed :)

cant believe this is day 15 - half way through my first month. crossing my fingers for another 3lbs loss this week to take me down to the 'overweight' bmi category. cant wait to see the back of the 12s altogether though!

jeans were abit looser today, only had to use a very small elastic band to do them up :clap: think i'll have a little celebration party when they do up normally - plus i wont have the devise clever ways of taking them off infront of the bf without him noticing!

busy day today!

scales have annoyingly gone up by 1/2 lb and stayed there for the last two weigh ins. grumble grumble

had to go off to a funeral today, sat next to my aunt in the car who asked 'hows your diet going then? have you given up?', so i was rather pleased to counter her low oppinion of my self control by saying it was going fine and id lost 10lbs. what annoys me is that she is not slim herself, makes a big fuss about coming to our gym once a week, but my dad describes her as 'one of the greediest women i have ever known'. grrrrr!!

anyway, took my bar to eat in the car at lunchtime and didnt eat anything at the after funeral meeting (indian funerals inevitably end in a traditional meal of potato curry and a green lentil dish - MAJOR carbs.)

held on till we got home (6 ish), had some porridge and tea and will make dinner later on. really tried atm and would love a glass of wine, but will refrain. as i pointed out to my bf today, im 17 days sober! (till the 18th anyway, then its champagne ahoy!)

side note - made dinner of swede chips, 2 boiled eggs and mushroom pasta.

weighed the swede before (200g) and out of curiosity weighed it after cooking and it was only 70g. i have def been under eating my veg!

i quite like them, they are slightly sweet though. makes you feel like youre eating proper chips.

i cut mine into chip shapes, then spray a tray with some of the 1 cal oil spray, put the 'chips' on it, give a few more sprays and then put in the oven at gas mark 6 for 20 - 30 mins. turn them once halfway through cooking. keep an eye on them, cos the smaller ones will burn slightly.

lovely lovely. esp with eggs and mac and cheese.

haha, i hope you enjoy them! ive been having them every other day!

must be working - another lb off this morning. even had a teeny tiny bit of gin and slimline tonic last night. i was scared abut getting super dooper drunk while in keto so i had less than half a shot :p

Sound great, I'll be trying them. I can fry eggs in my non stick pan with no oil, so might have that for tea :)

Hey Ruby
How were you after the G&T? I had a teeny glass of white wine and soda watching X-factor, and had a hangover! That's something considering I can normally get through a bottle without feeling off in the morning (not every night, obvs!)
Looking forward to trying those swede chips, have started thinking about low carb christmas menus and those will definitely be on it. Have read about turnip chips but they don't sound quite as tempting! :D

Hey LED! i dont think i had a proper hangover, i didnt feel as perky in the morning, but couldnt work out if that was due to the kitten wanting to play at 3am or the gin. had 2 shots of vodka last night too, just felt abit blah this morning, but again - 3am wakeup and then oversleep till 12.30!

i think to be on the safeside, im going to take the day off after my graduation because working on a hangover is defo something i cannot deal with.

swede chips are defo much nicer sounding than turnip chips! though i think i might try them just to see what the difference is. ive also ben trying to think of ways to make a meal with fennel, but so far not having much inspiration.

weighed again this morning, twice. the first 10am weigh in said 12st 5, the second 12.30 weigh in was 12st 4 1/2. wonder which is accurate??

gah - bad news this afternoon!

my boyfriends brother has been in a relationship for 4 years with a girl who is 5 foot and teeny tiny. they recently broke up and i was very happy because a) its an incredibly toxic relationship but also b) because we are going on the first big family holiday in May and i wouldnt have bikini competition.

sadly, they are now meeting up for 'little chats' again. operation bikini worthy just stepped up several gears :( :(

also wasted most of the day googling boob jobs after getting paranoid about my sudden lack of volume in that dept.

Lol on the weighing-in front I always go for the lowest weight I can manage to get! Just shows how much things like water, etc, fluctuate though...
Fingers crossed the "little chats" breakdown before May - if its not a great relationship that's loads of time for your brother to see sense again! And re: bikinis there are lots of great ones with extra padding/ slimming where you need it (and with the money you can save by not snacking/ eating out much, etc, you'll be able to afford a fab one!)
Hope the kittens give you more sleep tonight!

haha, shes one of those tiny people who never seem to struggle with weight - so naturally, i hate her.

my boyfriend is with his brother atm, so i cant even get the goss about their 'little chat'. sadly they have literally just bought a house together and broke up a week or so before the move in, so thats quite a tie to convince them to stay together. (clearly the rows where she smashes windows and rips doors off hinges are not enough of a turn off...)

in other news, had chicken soup for dinner and not all that keen tbh. bit of a problem because i have bought 9 packs of soup. that'll teach me to bulk buy before i try. also been naughty - had two bars today. trying to hold out on the ordering till payday comes and i can buy more goodies :D

12st 4 1/4 today. seem to go down by 1/4 lb a day now. would love love love to be 12st 2 by friday (possibly going to a friend's new flat and it would be nice to be a full stone lighter from when they last saw me). think my loss will mostly likely be 3lbs this week though. cant wait to be rid of the 12s altogether! cant even remember the last time i saw 11st on the scales.

love this diet so much :) just the sheer relief of finding something that works and i can stick to is amazing! will need to buy some more pj bottoms soon, they are in serious danger of falling down at the moment.

Back