seriously considering slim and save - opinions and experiences please!

thank you everyone!

just had an email back to say this evening is defo still on. Now, my menu for today will be: (bearing in mind ive only had a bar today and wont eat again until or after dinner)

choc and praline bar
nandos butterfly chicken
macho peas (regular)
side salad

so the total cals = 514
and the total carbs = 23

sooo, im thinking a little wiggle room for a cheeky glass of white wine??

woo hoo! Enjoy. Well done you.

Wow into the 11s! A teeny little celebratory glass of wine might be just the thing ;)

oh my gosh last night was such a pain!

first, i trip up on the way to my bofriends car and very attractivly crash down on my driveway and graze my knee very badly!

then we get stuck in lots of traffic on the way to richmond. about 10 miles away from nandos, we get a call from the guy organising the dinner saying that they all needed to be gone by 8pm and were leaving now! so we turn the car around and i insist on going to nandos near our home, which we do.... and wait 40 minutes for a table.

all in all, we spent 2 hours in the car, just to end up waiting for ages in our local nandos. and even then the meal was ruined slightly by screetchy teenage girls in the corner. after all that, i was naughty and had TWO glasses of wine - trust me, i needed it by then! might have eaten a few of the OH's chips too... :ashamed0005:

hopped on the scales this morning and im exactly the same as yesterday, though today there was no hovering around the 12st mark like before. feeling very very tired from the wine though, ketosis is defo doing good things for my liver because my drinking levels are down dramatically. really hoping i'll continue the good habits afterward s&s too.

omg sounds like an evening from hell!!!! well done on ONLY two glasses of wine!!! pleased you got your nandos in the end!!!

stay the same is pretty good!!! well done!!

Have you got much planned for the weekend? xxx

i was thinking how times had changed! usually i could sink a whole bottle, but last night it was 2 glasses and i was ready for bed! the nandos was also v nice, i had to change my order to the super low carb things (i NEVER change my orders - im so boring), but the chicken and peas were lovely.

off to costco this weekend to buy party food - i already know its going to be rammed full of people, so will be like hell on earth. also need to sort a graduation outfit out AND buy some kind of laptop/fancy tablet thing for my sisters birthday. oh, and put up the xmas tree and order birthday cheesecakes and pizza. so lots and lots of temptation, but im holding out till tuesday. in my perfect world, im hoping to lose 2lbs by tuesday, be 11st 11, so that if i do gain over my xmas week off, i wont shoot up the 12s again and cry.

what are your plans?

xmas is so close! ive realised im more excited about the cooking apsect, i just want to feed everyone! need to go the waitrose and do the xmas food menu shop, getting the OH to drive because i am not agressive enough when it comes to supermarket parking. going to seflridges after my graudation on tues to stock up on xmas liquores and any other nice bits from the food hall. rather alot to do!

i think dropping 2lb shouldnt be a problem by tuesday!!!

Sounds like you have a packed and fun filled weekend ahead!!! lots of xmas bits!!! love it!!!! completely agree about getting other half to drive!!! ha ha my road rage is bad at the best of times let alot xmas shoppers thrown into the mix!!! lol

well i finish work at 3ish so going to go to tesco - grr lol! then chill out tonight, then tomorrow my mum is coming over with her puppy - my puppy and her puppy are the same age and have puppy playtimes :) and then OH is out in town for his xmas football do on saturday night so im designated picker-uper! lol as he was last weekend! so chilling at home with a takeaway i think!!! - getting all my naughty cravings out the way now!!!

Sunday think OH's parents are coming over or we are going there!! and then somewhere in between i need to clean the apartment!! i'll tell ya a womans work is never done............a mans work........well they dont even bother starting haha!!!

xxx

gosh, busy weekend ahead of you then!! love the idea of puppy playtimes!

i had a busy day yesterday with the costco shop and putting up the tree. we've got so much food in for my sisters party and she was helping pick it all while being totally obvivious! at one point she even complimented me on what an 'un-boring shopper' i was being (because usually she wants all the junk food and im always saying no)

think m 2lbs before Tuesday may be veryyy overly optimistic because there have been a few pieces of bread and a little bit of wine working its way into my mouth. still on 11st 13 1/2, so perhaps an lb by tuesday might happen, but its not crucial. Saw my cousin yesterday, and she isnt usually complimentary but said she could defo see a difference in my face and my upper body.

just been trying on graduation dresses, feeling rather happy cos im wearing a size 10 dress and a elastic belt of my sister's (she is size 8 on a fat day). no way in hell am i near a size 10, but its nice to know i can fit into generous and flattering sizes and shapes when needs be!! feeling a pearl theme on my jewellery - the pearl necklace my parents bought me at my undergrad graduation 2 years ago, the pandora bracelet with pearl charm that my OH's parents bought me as a graduation gift and the pearl and diamond ring he just bought me last week.

woke up from an awful awful dream last night though. dreamt that my hair was already starting to fall out from being on a VLCD, great big clumps of it! was SO happy when i woke up.

Hi everyone
I am currently 2 weeks into the Cd and doing well but i am considering switching to ss mainly for variety and finances! I will save around £12 a week switching but i am dubious as to whether i'll get the same results? I currently have 3 cd products per day but if i were to switch to ss i'd have to introduce a meal unless i want to do 4 packs per day which is almost as expensive as the cd i'm on now.... would the meal hinder a good weight loss? Sorry for all the questions , i'm not usually such a ditherer ! thanks

hmmm so confession time.

alcohol is defo a binge trigger for me. had 2 vodkas last night and then ate 4 packets of pom bear crisps. i dont even really LIKE pom bear crisps that much. oh, and i had a cookie.....and a half.

so, went wayyy over my carb allowance yesterday and paying for it today with a niggle carb withdrawl headache. on the plus side, scales stayed the same. i think the upcoming christmas has wavered my control abit, the prospect of food is looming!

i also think even though i was silly eating all that junk, i was pretty full very soon and didnt feel like eatiing more. the old me would have thought 'hmm, another vodka AND sandwich to go with the 5th pack of pom bears'.

having low carb food packs today to try and atone for my sins - caramel shake, vanilla and almond bar and 2 packs of oatmeal for dinner. tomorrow is officially the start of my week off, so if i can maintain around 12st by mixing packs and food i will be happy. 26th of dec will be my offical s&s proper re-start to get this last 3 stone off! im giving myself until the middle of april to get to 9 stone. it WILL be done.

Hi jolly,

i havent tried CD, but i have read alot of the threads on the forum there. from what i saw, the results are roughly similar. the meal is just 100g of protien with 200g low carb veg, so it doesnt make a big impact overall. infact, people find it much easier to stay under the carb allowance using the protien meal as opposed to 4 packs a day.

hope that helps :)

Thank you Ruby, i really like the idea of actually eating a meal, even if very small, to actually chew and feel like i am participating in meal time with my children! Iv'e got a over weeks worth of cd products to use so i think i'll order ss in the new year and give it a go.:) Thanks for your help

jollycoco- I cook the same for everyone, but add a carb (pasta or rice, potatoes etc) and gravy/ sauce to theirs, it feels like I'm eating the same as them, just a smaller, more boring portion. You can even o stuff like stir fry, just don't have the noodles. The 3 packs plus meal and 4 pack options give very similar results and most people swap between the two plans.

Ruby, I'm so jealous that you can eat 4 packs of pom bears without gaining the next day, even water weight! I'm well and truly off track now, its just too close to christmas to be food-replacing! Still am hoping to go easy on the carbs so that I don't do my usual trick of putting on a stone over christmas!
Is graduation tomorrow? Hope it goes well and your family doesn't wind you up too much!

yeah i know, its weird! every time ive eaten carbs, i havent gained the next day. i think i generally just dont hold much water weight - might explain why my first week loss was smaller than others.

i know exactly what you mean about it being too close to xmas to food replace, but come january, we will focus, focus, focus!

graduation is indeed tomorrow. things have calmed down abit at home, so hopefully tomorrow will be nice. going to sip champers after the ceremony while we wait for my sister and bf to arrive. then off to a sandwich/cake lunch (im DYING for an egg mayo sandwich). then off to Selfridges to pick out sparkly things for me and buy xmas liqures. then off home to a dvd and crispy duck and pancakes!!!

chosen lots of low carb packs to eat today in preparation for tomorrow. even took one of my dads water tabs to try and get that little bit thinner! he said id be off to the loo all the time, but ive only been once. just confirms my theory im not much of a water holder. my jiggle is all fat!! :)

hello ladies, hope you are all well.

its been busy busy here with all the parties going on. food wise, our house has practically EXPLODED. chinese, kfc and ALOT of pizza has been eaten (i over ordered the pizzas for my sisters birthday). had a few hangover days from wine swell.

only 3 more days t go until im back on plan - actually looking forward to it because i actually miss feeling all light and not bloated or heartburny.

felt brave and weighed myself today - 12st 3. which im fairly happy with. just got to get through the next few days and those extra pounds will be melted off :)

hope youre all enjoying the festive season!

Well done for weighing yourself hun, I'm too scared to but know I should as it'll keep me on track! I've re found food again! Oops.

Have a lovely Christmas xxx

Back