seriously considering slim and save - opinions and experiences please!

Hey Ruby, sounds like you've had a good few days! Did graduation go well?
Ive got loads more days of eating ahead of me... not sure how I feel about January and going back on the packs right now! Have steered clear of carbs though so not too bloated, turns out its much harder to overeat meat and green veg without feeling a bit sick!
Enjoy the next few days!

hey lovelies, hope xmas day was good for you all!

my graudation was lovely thanks LED.

xmas day today wasnt too bad, we didnt actually get to bed till 3am on xmas eve due to our family party, so today we were VERY tired and a little hungover.

xmas dinner was roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots, sausages and yorkshire puds, had a few chocs etc, but ive found my appetite has been pretty small. only nibbled the starters at our party and didnt have any mains or desert - too full!

had a little bit of a giggle today, because my boyfriend has always been too skinny etc, and then he hit 30 and the carbs he solely exists on caught up with him. ive mentioned it to him a few times, and he finally weighed himself and hes actually overweight now! so january 1st willl be a diet month for both of us.

in more icky and personal news (stop reading now if youre squeamish!). you may have already heard me mention, but these last few weeks, my cycle has been all over the place. had 3 weeks of the brownish discharge/uterine lining yukness that usually comes before my period starts. so decided to take my pill break for the first time in maybe 2/3 months. but no period. a few days of the same early signs id been getting for the last few weeks, but no blood. wonder if i should worry? or if its all part of a vlcd?

sorry for the tmi!

I had a brown period for about 5 days before my period started and then it went on a bit longer too. I always have a 28 day cycle but last month had a 42 day cycle and this month a 10 day cycle. It must be the diet as it can be a side effect if any weight loss

I get that too :(

Glad the graduation was good, enjoy the rest of the holiday season. I will also be back on the wagon in Jan.

yeah it must def be the diet! im also getting massively hairloss paranoid! ive not had any unusual hair loss, but im constantly checking my hair for it - ive actually gone mad.

i am also SICK of eating. im not even eating alot, but im always full. just feel all heavy all the time.

cant wait for january to start. think we are doing new years day cinema and dinner trip, but after then, i'll be loving my shakes! looking forward to being light and bouncy!

Ha Ha! I know what you mean about being light and bouncy.

Hey Ruby, happy new year! Know what you mean about looking forward to getting back on packs... I feel like that (but might not do by this time tomorrow as I'm back on packs from the morning!) Will be interesting to see if I find the restart easier as I've been pretty low carb over christmas. How are you feeling on your first day back on plan?

hello again ladies! happy new year!.

im glad to see we are all pumped up for january re-starts!! i was um-ing and ah-ing about whether to start today or wait till after friday (because my best friend is leaving for 3 months next week and her farewell dinner is on friday). but then i thought its better to start now and then ease myself into keto with packs and some food and at least get some of my zillion carb stores eaten up! plus its a greek restaurant so im hoping i can avoid the pitta bread and stick to grilled meats!

so far had a choc shake and some tea. i think im still so so full from over xmas that i haven't felt any proper hunger, slight carb withdrawl headache at the moment though! going to go and grab some paracetamol in a second.

dinner is a small quorn peppered steak with 100g of swede chips and a 50g portion of leftover homemade green thai prawn curry (i know the coconut milk is bad, but the portion is so small, it consists of 3 prawns and 5 sugar snap peas and 1 asparagus). i was going to have another pack with my dinner, but ive decided to skip it because my dinner isnt strictly on plan.

then a nice bar later on with more tea and early bedtime.

also did a quick snoop around sainsburys earlier. got some 'perfectil' hair and nail capsules (to add to my vitamin e caps, multivitamin and collagen tablets) also contemplating buying some sillica tablets because i heard those are supposed to be good for hair boosting. i am literally OBSESSED with the hair issue.. even bought myself some of that alpercin shampoo for hairloss - just incase! thinking prevention is better than cure (even though i know i am probably being way to worried about it.)

anyway. so its now january 2nd

weight is 12st 5.

i know this week wont be a perfect one (at least until after friday's meal), but BRING IT ON!

Easing yourself into it sounds like a good plan! I'll probably have slightly higher veg/ protein for the next few days while I get used to being empty again - am finishing off the last of the wine tonight then freezing/ binning all the leftover banned foods before bed!
Re: hairloss, I did 18 weeks of strict exante last year and it made no difference to my hair at all - in fact i was probably healthier than usual cos I was getting all my minerals and vitamins! so you#re probably being paranoid for nothing!

thanks LED, that does make me feel more re-assured. i think im being paranoid healthwise atm because of my nose and its been worrying me alot, so thats spilling over into other areas (turns out i have very bad nasal cartilidge, which now has two rather large holes in it and im terrified of my nose collapsing alltogether in a tara palmer tompkinson kind of way!!). plus my hair has only just recovered from years of highlighting and is rather nice, lovely, long and healthy - so im hoping to keep it that way!

jealous of your wine and food yesterday, i went to bed with a rather empty tummy :(
not feeling too hungry this morning though, going to hold out for as long as possible before having my first shake.

had funny dreams last night. in one i dreamt my dad had told me i'd put on loads of weight over xmas and i went MENTAL at him. woke up all angry and had to remind myself it wasnt real. think i need a more relaxed evening tonight, going to tidy my room, do my bed up nicely with lots of pillows and cusions, light some scented candles and pamper myself. need to prep myself for a decent nights sleep without nightmares about my nose/weight/hair.

just had a loooovely dinner. had some really delicious sainsburys pork loin slices with blackpepper and rosemary. think i have found my new favourite food!!!

hungry hungry today, already have a feeling in my bones that tonights dinner will be a disaster food wise. i will try to avoid the drinks but im not sure i will be able to later!

feeling i might need some boosting after my docs appointment later today. ive got a problem with my nose where years ago i fell and hurt it, didnt think anything of it until a few years later i discovered the trauma had caused a small hole to develop in the septum. had surgery to fix it and it was AWFUL. i cant even get over how bad the surgeon was. the long and short of it was the repair failed and the hole is now very big, in addition to this the surgeon left behind a dent in my healthy nasal septum and thats now developed into another hole which has also grown. so if i leave it and they get bigger, i will have nothing inbetween in my nose and will essentially have my nose collapse.

been freaking out about it for ages, but ive now got to face up to how bad its got. going to go to my gp and demand another refferal, ive done my homework and i want the same surgeon that re-built Tara P-T's nose. terrified the surgery wont work like the first time and make the problem worse, but also terrified my nose will collapse! got butterlies in my tummy even thinking about it :(

thanks 232kat. my doctor was LOVELY in the end, he really spent ages trying to find the surgeon i wanted in the 'choose and book system', doing lots of searches etc. we couldn't find him listed, so then we spent a while googling him and finally tracked him down. my GP is going to email his secretary to check how to refer patients directly to him. feeling so relieved about it all! there isnt a single surgeon in the UK who is better qualified, so i'll be in very safe hands :)

in other news, went out for dinner for my friends leaving meal and i was so disappointed! food/service wasnt good at all. the choice was very very limited too. then woke up the next day with a cold, so the OH made me stay at his to 'look after' me. he made me a very off plan meal of heinz tomato soup and bread because he knows that my favourite, so i didnt tell him off because he was just trying to be nice (though i was annoyed about the off-plan-ness)

100% day today though. just had my porridge. thinking a quorn steak, zero noodle and swede mash dinner. going to force myself to have a soup - not that keen, but i ordered a few so they need using up. i suppose it may help that my nose is too blocked for me to really taste much.

Hey you, how you doing?

Hiya!!!
Sorry to intrude, but just read your diary from start to finish and wondered how you were getting on?! I'm on my 3rd week now and very much in the zone, but i have more to lose than you, and by April no less!!

Hope all is well and that you have managed to get the surgeon you were after!!

Good luck!! Onwards and downwards!!
xxxxx

Hiya!!!
Sorry to intrude, but just read your diary from start to finish and wondered how you were getting on?! I'm on my 3rd week now and very much in the zone, but i have more to lose than you, and by April no less!!

Hope all is well and that you have managed to get the surgeon you were after!!

Good luck!! Onwards and downwards!!
xxxxx

You are doing great. Keep it up 100% and it'll be done by april!

hey guys,

gosh, its taken me ages and ages to get back into the zone! really annoyed with myself, but ive got to pull myself together. been dipping in and out of the plan, so ive lost a few pounds but i haven't counted it as a 'proper' start.

determined to stop faffing about and get back on it from today. i put in an order to s&s yesterday to stock up on the v low carb bars and oatmeal in the hopes it will rocket me back into keto! just sitting and watching the snow with a huge mug of green tea. my next goal date is the 16th of feb, cos my and the other half are going to bath for valentines day weekend, so id love to be a stone lighter by then. if i could nudge into the 10st something bracket i would be over the moon!

and thanks for reading my diary mrsburgundy! my doctor was really really helpful, so my referral has been sent off to the surgeon i wanted. im actually hoping it will take a few months before the surgery, just so i can get back to a healthy weight and be able to eat abit more during the recovery - ive found im really slow to heal since starting the diet!

how is everyone else finding january? hope you're doing a bit better than me!! :)

Back