seriously considering slim and save - opinions and experiences please!

Hi hun, hope you're ok. I've been AWOL for the last few weeks, need to get back to it! Bath sounds lovely xxx

hey guys,

gosh, its taken me ages and ages to get back into the zone! really annoyed with myself, but ive got to pull myself together. been dipping in and out of the plan, so ive lost a few pounds but i haven't counted it as a 'proper' start.

determined to stop faffing about and get back on it from today. i put in an order to s&s yesterday to stock up on the v low carb bars and oatmeal in the hopes it will rocket me back into keto! just sitting and watching the snow with a huge mug of green tea. my next goal date is the 16th of feb, cos my and the other half are going to bath for valentines day weekend, so id love to be a stone lighter by then. if i could nudge into the 10st something bracket i would be over the moon!

and thanks for reading my diary mrsburgundy! my doctor was really really helpful, so my referral has been sent off to the surgeon i wanted. im actually hoping it will take a few months before the surgery, just so i can get back to a healthy weight and be able to eat abit more during the recovery - ive found im really slow to heal since starting the diet!

how is everyone else finding january? hope you're doing a bit better than me!! :)

Hello Lovely!!!

well done for getting back to it.....better than me!!! i did my 8 days and lost 10lbs then we had a family occasion of OH brother passing out from the Navy so i had planned to have two days off.....that was on the 11th and im STILL not back on plan :( but i have kept my 10lb loss!!

im just struggling BIGTIME!!

Hope your all ok though and your op gets sorted soon xx

gosh, we're all january strugglers! who knew it would be this hard to go back on plan?? i was planning 9 days off maximum and i took off a month.

A MONTH.

that could have been one whole extra stone.

ah well, today was day 2 back on plan for me (proper proper this time). at lunchtime the OH bought a looooovely looking sandwich, iced bun and millionaires shortbread to eat and i SO wanted a sandwich, but i resisted because i actually thought 'what would my fellow miniminers say if i said i was going back on plan and then fell face first into a sandwich??'

so a shake, bar and HUGE mug of green tea down. dinner is homemade tandoori chicken (just chucked together a load of spices to make something vaguely resembling something tandoori coloured) with cauli mash and tea and a bar later on. heres hoping after tomorrow i will be in keto land again.

using the bath trip as motivation. taking the weekend off because we will be lunching with his friends on saturday (and we hardly see them cos he moved away from bristol to be with me), then an award winning thai restaurant in bath for dinner. the b&b we're staying at supposedly does lovely cooked breakfasts and then we're off to his uncles party. so any food cravings i have, i will save for that weekend. then back on plan for the final stone and abit.

we can do this ladies! we just keep having to remind ourselves that the food will be around after the diet, but the flab won't!

gosh, we're all january strugglers! who knew it would be this hard to go back on plan?? i was planning 9 days off maximum and i took off a month.

A MONTH.

that could have been one whole extra stone.

I could have written that myself. I have gained 10lb, 2 this week, which shows what a slow loser I am- I have been eating pretty healthily! I am back on it today though. Together we can do this! Onwards and downwards.

Together we can do this! Onwards and downwards.

im with you on that iwbta! hopped on the scales this morning (even though its only the start of proper day 3), but im 3lbs down on the scales, so thats spurred me on slightly. just 2 lbs to go until im my pre xmas weight again, then its wooshing down to the 10st somethings for me!

time to get tough with ourselves :character00115:

well, day 4 and i think the keto fairy has finally arrived. this time last week i was STARVING and rushing off for a baguette, but today i dont even have a hint of rumbly tummy. think today i will have a shake for lunch, soup when i get home, smoked salmon steak with a peashoot salad for dinner and a bar and cup of tea before bed.

abit disheartened because yesterday me and the OH were messing about in the clinic and decided to measure ourselves properly with some meauring equipment and i am OFFICALLY 5 foot 2 (i always thought i was more on the 5 foot 3 side, but turns out it was very wishful thinking). would update my stats, but i dont think i can quite handle the numbers yet. also, did anyone read that daily mail thing about how this oxford mathmatician thinks the BMI scale is wrong and has re-calculated it?

according to him, i need to be 9st 6 before im no longer overweight. seems like forever away!

Hazar for the keto fairy!! Are we allowed peashoots?!I adore them and would have then everyday if we could!!

Bath sounds like it will be an amazing place! I've not been for a while but it's beautiful!!

I've not read that article, will go look now!! I didn't rate it much before, I'll like it even less if it says I have to lose even more!!
I'm also 5'2" as well, all the best people are!! Hahaha!!
I'm doing ok so far! Only lost 3lb this week, but have been missing quite a few packs so making a conscious effort to have them all!!!

Hope you're having a good night/day! Xxxxx

i assumed pea shoots would be ok as a 'salad leaf' type thing. according to my fitness pal, 100g only came to 2g of carbs, so hopefully nothing bad will happen!

ha, dont read the article, its just depressing! so far my response to that and my lack of height has been to pretend it never happened. weighed this morning and im still stuck at 12st 1.5. grumbled abit because its not changed in the last day or so, so im bored of seeing those numbers, i want lovely new numbers showing up on my scales. hopefully i can drop to 11st 13.5 (aka my weight before xmas) by sunday. not sure i will make my end of january target of 11st 7, but that is my own silly fault for not starting sooner :mad:

3lbs so far is a good loss! which packs are you liking best so far?

I've been doing a lot of the tuna pasta bake, and i'm loving the mac & cheese, although they always seem to be such a smaller portion!! It depends on my mood, i like all of them, and most of the shakes!! I don't particularly like the porridge/oatmeal so try to avoid those, and have about a million bars that i will never eat....my fave bar is the "fake bounty" but i get such terrible heartburn, so have been leaving them!! I'm tempted to sell them, cos i'm not using them! I have the wafers instead which i love!!!

I did read that article, and my first response was that it was a load of rubbish!!!! BMI doesn't account for muscle tone or anything else,a nd i don't honestly think we should be basing weight loss on it!! I'll keep losing weight until i "feel" right, not because if some made up number, that looks at no aspect of me individually!!!

THe way i see it - 3lb off is still better than 2 weeks at SW/WW and i wouldn't have lost it otherwise!! Gonna make sure i have all my packs and drink more water, hopefully i can make a 4lb loss next week!! Hahahaha!!!

What are your favourite packs?! xxxxx

I've been doing a lot of the tuna pasta bake, and i'm loving the mac & cheese, although they always seem to be such a smaller portion!! It depends on my mood, i like all of them, and most of the shakes!! I don't particularly like the porridge/oatmeal so try to avoid those, and have about a million bars that i will never eat....my fave bar is the "fake bounty" but i get such terrible heartburn, so have been leaving them!! I'm tempted to sell them, cos i'm not using them! I have the wafers instead which i love!!!

i luuurve the porridge and oatmeal! only stuck to the mushroom pasta and mac and cheese meal packs so far. the rest of my dinners tend to be protien + veg + noodles the rest of the time. though your mention of tuna pasta bake inspired me to make it last night and i really enjoyed it! will defo be making that again. i really like the bars, but ive been sticking to the vanilla/almond one and the choc praline one cos they are lowest carb wise and that gives me a little leway with my dinners (cos i sometimes add a low carb sauce to my noodles or gravy to my protien).

i think im just going to largely ignore the BMI thing and just use it as a rough guideline. my plan is to get to 9st 7 and then lose the last stone with diet and the gym so i can get back to normal eating and tone up.

Sounds like a good plan!! I've never been one for the gym, i'd rather go to Zumba or do a Jillian Michaels DVD!!!
Just tried some swede "chips" and am pleasantly surprised!! Reminded me of roasted parsnips a little, i had them with a musroom food pack with added mushroom and chicken....was lovely, and massively filling!!

I am LOVING the tuna bake with mac&cheese, definitely one of my favourites!! I was a tiny bit naughty as i bought the princes tuna with basil, and use that (Once i've squeezed out as much oil as i can!) YUM!!!!!

I'm going to count up how many bars of each i have and see if anyone would like any of them.....i'm not a big fan of them anymore...used to love them, but not anymore!!! Didn't know there were less carbs in some, although i vaguely remembering you putting something about it in a previous post! Handy to know, if i ever fancy it!! Lol!!

Hows your evening going?! I'm trying to write an essay but too tired to think straight!! xxxx

haha i am never one for exercise at all. though that said, i did find the 30 day shred manageable cos its short - its a shame it gave me shin splints. (hardwood floors, barefeet and jumping jacks DONT mix). i find the 'chips' lovely with the mac and cheese. had zero noodles with quorn tonight, wasnt yummy, but it was filling.

did you try all the bars? i think we do tend to suddenly get sick of the taste of things i sometimes find myself having to talk myself into having yet another choc shake even though i actually like them!

im just vegging infront of eastenders tonight, mistakenly agreed to do overtime at work tomorrow, things i do for the OH to help him with his promotion! i deserve at last 10% of all his wages. whats your essay on??

Sorry - somehow missed your reply 2 days ago!! Shame on me!!
My essay (which has just been submitted) was on Values for Professional Practice, reflecting on an episode of care from last semester!! Happy days!! Glad it's over with, thats for sure!!

I agree, i tend to go through phases of love and hate!! Which is annoying, as i end up with a ton of packs that i no longer like!! Hahaha!

I've tried all the bars, and i just don't really like them!! The lemon is bearable, but even then i'd rather give it a miss! Mind you, given the choice, i'd never choice an ordinary chocolate bar...and i don't like the texture!!!

I don't really like exercise, but the last 2 days i've been on the wii fit and the biggest loser challenge (and a bit of zumba thrown in!!) and been loving it! My little boy has been joining in too hahahaha!! I will attempt her 30DS again one day, but i got terrible head pain last time i tried, think i was overdoing it!!!

I made a lovely dinner tonight of "Roasted meditteranean veggies with chargrilled chicken"!!! It was AMAZING!! Had a few bits of leftover veg (Courgette, mushrooms, shallots, peppers) and half a packet of chicken!! Was delicious, and so filling!!
I think my stomach has actually shrunk to the size of a walnut, as i'm barely managing to eat my meals half the time!!!
Just had a hot choc shake (with a spoonful of coffee) and might have a wafer in a bit!!

Starting back at work tomorrow after a Study week, so should get an early night!! (Though that never happens!!)

How come you updated your stats etc?! xxxx

Hey girls,

i am doing well thank you! weighed on sunday and had dropped just over 5lbs for my first proper week back. ive got exactly 3 weeks till my valentines day trip, so im hoping a stead 3lbs a week till then and i can be 9lbs slimmer by then!

how is your first day back going lou??

im jealous of your motivation to exercise Mrs burgundy! i keep telling myself i will start soon and never getting round to it! had to change my stats to reflect my newly confirmed midgetness :( what i wouldn't give for a few more inches in height!

i have a day off today, didnt wake up till half 1!! will probably have a mushroom soup in a bit, dinner will be chicken and broccoli cooked in half a pack of this indian 5 spice mix sauce i found (7 carbs per half a pack). might add some zero noodles depending on how i feel. im running out of shakes fairly quickly, but I'm trying to long out my order until they get more stuff back in stock. i really want to be hardcore these new few weeks - ive never met my OH's uncle before, so i want to make a good impression at his party on the 17th. thankfully his brother and his brothers perfect, teeny tiny girlfriend have remained broken up, so thats one worry off my mind. id hate for people to think my OH was pulling the short straw with a fat girlfriend :(

Your updates always make me laugh, you're funny! Hehe. First day is going well, getting a bit narky now though. Had a shake at 11am and soup at 2pm, will be home from work in an hour but really don't want to get into habit of eating when I get home, so going to wait as long as poss before meal pack.

Have got loads of meals and not many shakes At the mo, boo, could live on shakes and oatmeal xxx

haha, thanks lou! i always look forward to your updates too :)

im feeling you on the shakes and oatmeal, im trying to eat through my packs and the higher carb stuff to make it gone. defo will stock up on oatmeal and lower carb stuff next time i order.

had SUCH bad insomnia last night due to keto, feeing like a zombie today. on the plus side, i proved my super woman credentials last night because the OH has been promoted, working super long hours and never ever cooks properly. so last night i ate my dinner and then whipped him up some roast chicken, velvety smoooooth buttery mash potato, sweetcorn and gravy - wasnt even tempted by any of it! even watched him eat his 'starter' of chocolate buiscuits.

got some chicken again for dinner, but cant decide how to cook it. i have some low carb satay sauce, might use that and have it with salad.

hope you are all having an equally good day!

Back