Set Cals Per Day, or Average Over the Week?

borntofly

In it to win it.
Just wondering if you guys stick to the same number of calories a day or do you have a lot one day as a treat and then adjust the other days to make up for it?

I had a really crappy day at work on Monday - came home for a couple of bottles of bud, and before I knew it it was 2am and I had consumed about 4000 calories that day.

So I am hoping to cushion the impact this week by reducing my daily intake so I still average out at 1500/day. Do you guys think this will help?

Hi,

I try to stick to roughly the same amount of calories each day, between 1200 - 1400. If I do go over by alot one day (like when too much wine is involved) I reduce my calorie intake for a while to compensate, and do a little bit extra walking.

The calories in alcohol is shocking isn't it!

I'm the same. I try to average around 1200 - 1400 a day, but some days can't avoid going much higher (like yesterday - out for lunch with friends, then a birthday dinner here for some other friends. Wine, cake, more cake, more wine ...). I'll be really good and aim for the lower end of my daily target for a few days, and up the exercise to make up for it. When I've eaten a mixture of high and low calories on different days of the week, it doesn't seem to have had any bad effects, and sometimes I'm sure I've lost more than when I'm really good every day.

Hi ..yep as everybody has said above i'm trying to keep my calories the same everyday, about 1500 but last weekend i was out for a friend's bday so tried to compensate a bit on Monday and cut the cals down a bit... managed to lose 4ib even with the slip up day so not too bad for first week of cal counting.

I would think it we ate too many cals for say 5 days and then starved ourselves on day 6 and 7 that probably wouldn't be so successful.

good luck

Back