Setting my target...HELP!

Vm019

Silver Member
Started off weighing 22st last yr ... down almost into 15s after 10 months ... And I'm almost into a size 14 - fitting into some 14s- which was my aim from the beginning-

I've no target set but kinda think another stone or 1.5 would be plenty cos I font want my skin to loosen much more- but I'm scared of saying to my consultant that I'd like to set my target at 14.5st in case she says who r u kidding r everyone hears I'm at target but looks at me saying I could do with losing a hell of a lot more- help please!!!!

Hi Ya! It's a late reply, but I've only just found this one.

I know that to some woman 14 and and 1/2 stone seems a lot, but don't compare yourself to others... like me you are taller than most (and the good point is we tend to carry our weight well!!)

You set your target at whatever YOU like! Your consultant should be very supportive with this. I have set my target at the moment of 16 stone as at this moment in time I can't cope with the thought of losing any more! But realistically I will be aiming for about 14 and a half too.

I did manage to get down to 13 and 1/2 once still technically overweight), but I was a size 12 and I wasn't happy. I didn't feel healthy and I had gone very boney around my neck and shoulders.

long story short... your body..your decision! You aim for whatever you are happy with (and ignore all the 5' 1" people struggling to lose 5lbs to get into the 9stone range!!)
;)

Well done both of you on your losses. I agree your target is a very personal thing. Also when you have maintained for a while you may well decide to go down futher, but that too will be up to you. Take care.

Back