severe constipation

Fibre clear helps a lot but if you'd rather try something a lot more appetizing I would suggest that you have a mint tea before and after a shake or make your mint tea add your shake to it and shake followed by a mint tea or warm boiled water as that really helps the body to digest alot quicker and off load

Chiku - thank you, I will buy some fibre clear tomorrow and see if that helps :)

VLCDs are very low in fibre and other bulk. Your digestive system is used to a much larger quantity of food on a daily basis, including fruit and other carby vegetables, potatoes etc.

When I have shakes I add psyllium husk - it is lovely in soups too. You can buy it online from Healthspan or from Holland and Barrett. Mix a teaspoonful or two with the dry pack mix then add a bit more water than usual. You get a creamy thickened shake or soup that is much more satisfying and has the necessary soluble fibre in it to help keep you regular.

thanks very much to all of u........i'm at ease now =P Dulcolax certainly did its magic, totally pain-free now.......will be dependant on them every now n then to have a complete flush out, felt much lighter straightaway..........didn't know why my bowels became so so lazy! i contribute this to sudden abrupt change in the diet.......maybe?!

muchas gracias to all of u........to a much healthier us! good luck all!
Where can ducolax be bought? How is it taken? And is it expensive?

Fibre clear helps a lot but if you'd rather try something a lot more appetizing I would suggest that you have a mint tea before and after a shake or make your mint tea add your shake to it and shake followed by a mint tea or warm boiled water as that really helps the body to digest alot quicker and off load
Do you know if fybogel is okay to use?

I'm not familiar with it but have you tried mint tea before and after a shake as that really does loosen things up in that department

I just remembered that my Dr gave me Laxido after trying out other aids and Laxido did the job well

How's everyone getting along? I've no more constipation problem with all the tips given here! Just to share that today is exactly a month after I started my journey with lipotrim since 05/07/11........at a heavy weight of 80kg with an unhealthy BMI of 32......as of today, i'm down to 68kilograms, BMI of 27..........average loss of 3 kilos weekly so far, i've yet to reach my ideal weight of 62 kilos........

To be honest, I was very skeptical of this diet at first, with all the bad reviews written on the internet, the hunger pangs, the cravings,........but I decided to challenge myself.....indeed 100% the first week was the hardest! it's all in the mind - forcing myself to keep on going, day after day, weeks after weeks, only a month has gone now........yet the results speak for themselves......it was well worth it! I do respect for those who has been on the TFR for a long period of time, the sheer determination has kept me going, with all the inspirations shared on this minimins forums.......

I work in the maternity unit in one of the hospitals in Ireland, nobody knows I'm on Lipotrim......for the past 4 weeks.....up to 5 people including midwives and doctors have noticed that I've lost weight, with their compliments, really made my days! I kept myself low, I didn't want to admit that I'm on this wonderful diet as I know most of them will condemn if they know I'm on LT.......and I've promised to myself that I will only start uploading my recent photos in Facebook, once I've reached my goal weight!

Hope those who have good results with LT can share their stories too....... To those who have just commenced on this LT, keep on going, go on, don't stop, have faith...... in the end, we all know that beauty is pain =)

Back