Sexy Boots - I'm coming to get you!

Hamish's Mum said:
Day 9

Can't believe it is day 9 already, and it gets easier every day. Was up at 6am for work this morning, finished at 2pm, off to Tesco for weekly shop for the family, put shopping away, fed cats and dog and then managed to get my 3rd packet of the day in, a lovely Banana shake. Have to say i am really enjoying all of the shakes, haven't come across any that I don't like. Think I will have some steamed haddock later for my protein meal.

Managing to drink lots and starting to get used to always having a bottle of water with me, feels strange when I don't have one, lol. Just trying to keep motivated by reading all the posts from people and looking at their stats, and I am starting to believe if I take it one day at a time that could be me too.

What do you mean could be you? It is you!! You're doing this... And doing great :£

Day 10

Thanks for the support everyone.

Working 2-8 today, so I think I will take my protein meal with me and have it for my tea when I am at work or else I think I will really struggle. So far have only taken bars into work for my break because I do not want people knowing i am doing VLCD, can't bear all the judging especially as I work in the health service.

To keep my out of the kitchen last night I made a start on my friends 50th birthday invitations for her party. This morning i am still covered in glitter, my face is sparkling in the light :)

I am in my usual jeans today, in fact the only pair I now have and lately they have been cutting me in two, but today are much more comfortable, actually feel like they fit again and the legs are looser too.

Because I have a big belly, especially over the belly button area and above, usually when I lie down in the bath I can't see the lower part of my flab below my belly button, but last night in the bath I did! I could see all my glorious flubber that is normally hidden from me so hopefully i am losing some of my belly!

A strange victory but a victory non the less.

You are doing great and any victory however strange should be celebrated hun x.
I know what you mean though - little things like that mean a whole lot. I remember being amazed I was sittong with one leg crossed over the other agin - something I had got too big for, also fastening sandle straps withouht being a contortionist and getting out of breath - all small victories but so worth while!

well done! reading your diary has given me hope as I have just re-started. Last time I lasted 3 days :break_diet: looks like a few of us are starting so we can shimmy into christmas!

Last edited:
Well done, you're doing really well & all those little victories add up. I ran up the stairs the other day and when I got to the top realised I wasn't puffing and panting like I normally am :)

It will be you cos it is you already :) Loved the idea of the glitter! I'm finding the evenings are the hardest as that's when I used to snack and drink wine!! Really well done ....doesn't it make you feel good :D

Hamish's Mum said:
Day 10

Thanks for the support everyone.

Working 2-8 today, so I think I will take my protein meal with me and have it for my tea when I am at work or else I think I will really struggle. So far have only taken bars into work for my break because I do not want people knowing i am doing VLCD, can't bear all the judging especially as I work in the health service.

To keep my out of the kitchen last night I made a start on my friends 50th birthday invitations for her party. This morning i am still covered in glitter, my face is sparkling in the light :)

I am in my usual jeans today, in fact the only pair I now have and lately they have been cutting me in two, but today are much more comfortable, actually feel like they fit again and the legs are looser too.

Because I have a big belly, especially over the belly button area and above, usually when I lie down in the bath I can't see the lower part of my flab below my belly button, but last night in the bath I did! I could see all my glorious flubber that is normally hidden from me so hopefully i am losing some of my belly!

A strange victory but a victory non the less.

Victory!!

Day 12

Have still been 100% and still determined. Jeans are definately more comfortable now and workshirts this week felt enourmous. Had a sneaky look at the scales today and I have lost again this week, but will not look again until official weigh in day on Saturday. I have been feeling hungry the past 2 days but just ignoring it.

Went to the gym yesterday and did a bit of cardio which always makes me feel a bit better, and started using a new weights machine for my belly, so fingers crossed I notice a difference soon. I think I am just scared of getting a lot of loose skin, but I suppose if it happens it happens.

I think my next order to S&S will just be shakes, bars and some soups. I am really struggling to eat the meal packs, they taste ok but the look of them really puts me off.

Anyway have a gp appointment this morning and going to the gym early afternoon, and then will spend the rest of the day making birthday invitations for my friend, so that should keep my mind occupied and out of the kitchen lol.

So nice to hear about people's success stories who are a bit further ahead on the journey.

Can't wait to see your weigh-in figures on Saturday!

So nice to hear about people's success stories who are a bit further ahead on the journey.

Can't wait to see your weigh-in figures on Saturday!

We have similar stats too. Hopefully we will both continue to lose weight quickly and easily!

I was just thinking the same thing! I'm hoping to get down to 10 stone (well 9 stone anything actually!) by my birthday at the end of February - how spooky is that!

Looking forward to sharing our journeys together :cool:

Well done your doing ace hun

Keeping the skin well moisturised helps loads with skin issues

Your doing grand Xx

I should moisturise more, have enough body lotions lol

Will start doing that each night after my bath.

I have noticed that some areas seem to get lumpier when I lose weight and then they will even out, just have to perserver

nice one :) sounds like you are well on the journey! As Derika said we seem similar in stats and I want to be about 12 stone for christmas then 10 stone for my graduation next June. Between us we will get there :)

Bio oil is good for the skin issues- and it'll take years (according to the websites) for your skin to 'shrink' in ...my tummy looks nasty :(

Oooh - where does it say it will take years for the skin to shrink? I hate my stomach and cannot imagine being slim, but still with a gut!

If that's the case, I better start bathing in Bio Oil!

I think I will have a yukky belly. I had 2 c-sections and even when slim have an overlap over my scar.

I will just have to get a tummy tuck, sure I could persuade OH to let me have one :)

I've found training and loads of oil is helping mine. Taken a good six months post pregnancy but slowly getting there!!

Patience :) Xx

When I lost 3 stone before it took about 3 months for my skin to catchup!! My friend lost 9st and had tummy tuck on Nhs but that was a few years ago x

Day 14

Have still been 100% and very proud of myself, especially considering I didn't get in from work last night until 1am and I usually have a good old binge because I am so hungry, and even though my tummy was rumbling I just drank my coke zero and went to bed at 3am without eating anything off plan.

Another late night tonight, so am determined to do the same this evening, as I have my 2nd weigh in tomorrow. I am excited and nervous all at the same time hoping I have lost more weight. I read so many stories of people STS on their 2nd week, I hope I have lost something so that I don't lose heart.

I have my friends 50th birthday in about 4 weeks, so would love to be anywhere in the 13's by then. I wont have been that low in weight for about 10 years.

I have decided that once I lose my first stone I am getting my hair done, a cut, colour and some foils too, and then once I get into the 13's I am going to reward myself then, maybe a massage or a facial.

OH has just left for work and it is so miserable here, I sneaked the heating on and intend so cosy up and watch some of my recorded programmes. A bit lazy this week cos I have been so tired with all my late shifts, so only went to the gym on Tuesday, will try and make a point of getting there twice next week at the very least.

Back