Shakenomore Diary

Ah what a result!!! 3 lbs. People on TFR don't always get such great losses. On GL you can, if your 100%on message, get 3-4 lbs off every week. The added benefit being that you are laying down great habits for maintaining your total losses.
Well done!!

Thanks everyone! Another couple of good days so far.

Tuesday
B: 2 egg omellette (unfortunately had no veg to add to it)
L: cup of soup & chicken and bacon salad (tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce)
D: Thai fish cakes (holfords recipe) with a green salad
S: muesli bar, small oat scone, jelly, dark chocolate ( a bit too much snacking)

Need to be careful as I found yesterday to be a bad day snack wise but drank loads of water and walked just over 3 miles.

Plan today
B: Oat scone with peanut butter & jam
L: chicken salad and cup of soup
D: meatballs with quinoa and veg
S: 1/2 9 bar, pear, nly, walnuts

Food looking good. I agree with you that snacking can easily get out of hand. I find I start to reward myself with snacks if I have done much exercise or even just been good in the early part of the day!! How counterproductive is that.
Anyway, well done to you for being aware of the pitfall as this us half the battle.

Well done on your loss, that is brilliant. Would u mind asking ur nutritionist if she or a colleague plan on doing classes anywhere else? I'm in Belfast :)

No problem Annie, I'll ask next class.

Yesterday I stuck to the food exactly as I had planned and it was a good day snack wise. I also walked 4 miles and drank tons of water.
But last night I was so bloated - my stomach was huge.... I can't figure out what during the day would have bloated me so much. Really the only thing I have eaten differently in the last 2 days has been the oat scones and quinoa.... If anyone has suffered like this or has any ideas I'd be grateful for any advice.

Today:
B: smoothie
L: chicken salad & veg soup (at the last of both!)
D: meatballs, quinoa & veg
S: muesli bar, nly, walnuts & dark chocolate

(the smoothie contains my fruit for today and getting my veg at lunch and dinner).

The bloated feeling is odd given your food was good. Totm perhaps??? If not, is the cup of soup the processed ones or what ingredients were in the bar or did you overdo the walnuts. I know if I eat too many nuts I can feel very bloated.
I dont think it can be the quinoa. I know I find it very light and it is not wheat. You made the meatball so I doubt any spices in those did it.
At a loss hon, maybe just see how you go today.

Thanks IM. Unfortunately I can't pin point it either. Not ttom, the veg soup is homemade and I have been having the same one for the last 2 days so I'm doubting it is that as there is nothing processed in it. The muesli bar is the carman muesli bar which I've had before and only had about 5 or 6 walnut halves...

I've left out the oat scone today to see if it makes any difference, other than that my plan is very similar to yesterday so I'll see if I am bloated this evening....

Tis a mystery so!! Maybe just one of those things. Enjoy the rest of the day.

Well I avoided the oat scones yesterday and no bloating! Everything else was pretty much the same so maybe it's them. Having them for breakfast this morning so I'll see how I am later today after eating them - hope it's not them as I was so glad to have found an alternative to bread!

Plan is a bit adhoc today....

B: scones with peanut butter and jam
L: salad with meat
D: probably steak and veg

S: muesli bar, yoghurt ??

Ah no! Not the scones! Does porridge bloat you as well?
They are so handy and I reckon too that they are a fab alternative to bread. For your sake, I do hope it's not them!

Porridge can give me a bit of heartburn but I don't remember it making me bloated but I will keep an eye on it the next time I eat it.

I mentioned it to somebody else who loves the scones too and they don't think it is them either but they did point out it might be the peanut butter as peanuts bloat them! No effects of bloating just yet but it might be a case of elimination until we see. Would much rather it be the pb than the scones. I will keep everyone updated!

Having a really bad week! I failed to get back on the straight and narrow after a particularly bad weekend.
The worst of it is that I feel crap, therefore you would imagine I would manage to avoid all the foods that are making me bloated, lethargic and generally bad.
I also haven’t exercised in a couple of days and my clothes feel tight. I feel like I have undone all the good work from the last 2 weeks. I need to get back on track and plan my foods. Tonight I hope to make some meals to have in the fridge and also lunch and soup for the next 2 days.
Monday planned to be “good” but didn’t’ manage it. Had white bread, brown bread and white rice! In the last 3 weeks I haven’t eaten any of these things. I didn’t get to my class (sorry Annie, I will check the next time I'm there about other classes) and I am refusing to weigh myself at home as I feel that if I see a gain it will knock me back even more:sigh:.
Yesterday, again great plans but didn’t do good. Breakfast was bacon, egg and oat scone, lunch was stuffed chicken (stuffing made with white bread), potato, veg & gravy and then yesterday evening had more chicken with some chips and a glass of wine.
Plan today is oat bread with jam, chicken salad for lunch and mince with lentils for dinner so fingers crossed I don’t give in to any of the cravings for junk/and food that doesn’t agree with me.

Dont be so hard on yourself. It is not easy to stay 100% focused. Once you have the starchy and processed stuff it is easy to start wanting more of it. Remember you only fail when you stop trying!
Coming on here and admitting you are struggling means you are trying and you will succeed. You have been doing so well and will do well again. You are a great support on here. So back on the horse, back to the class and start dropping those pounds again!!

I can relate, I had the same kind of weekend! Wise words from IM and Clarri :) Hope your day went to plan and you managed to avoid those cravings x

Hi Ladies, thank you so much for the support. Who needs classes when you can get instant support on here!

I've had a couple of better days but I still don't think I have undone the damage from the weekend, Monday and Tuesday. However I keep telling myself that this is a plan for life and you have to get over slip ups and move on to the next day.

Yesterday
B: oatbread with jam
L: chicken salad
D: chicken stirfry with rice
S: tangerines, dark chocolate

Today
B: oatbread with jam
L: prawn salad
D: rogan josh with rice
S: tangerines, dark chocolate, muesli bar

Haven't got fully back up to speed with the water or exercise but I'll get there!

Back