***SHAPELY 'LOVELY LEGS' SATURDAY***

I've done far too little travelling within the UK to be honest! I need to see more of it.

I intend to see more of the UK on my Harley! me and my mate passed our tests just before xmas..!! wanna do some touring in the UK..
OH is touring Europe in the summer for charity, he did UK last summer..
theres so much out there to see!!

Surprisingly I am keeping warm with slanket and fingerless gloves - I thought I would be miserable and want to eat.
Trip down to Tesco's means that I now have my coffee, I am an addict since starting CD although I will have a few peppermint and green teas.
Got a long call from a friend when I got back - took my mind off silly boiler, and now watching Bridget Jones on TV for the umpteenth time but it's always entertaining x

ffs what is it with heating and boilers today?
mines stopped working yet a flippin gain, was assured it was finally fixed last time, just a few short weeks ago but nope no heating or hot water again today so will have to put a call in on monday for a repair, if were lucky because of kaya they might just come fix it by wednesday
and just to make it even more fun ive come down with a cold today, my immune system always seems to go on a go slow when im on cambridge

claire is there not an emergency number you can ring tomorrow and tell them you have a young vulnerable child in the house, most places will come out within 24 hrs if you have children or elderly
either way hope you get it fixed soon and hope your cold clears up

we have a gas fire in the living room so despite the fact kayas disabled and sleeping in a freezing room they wont come out as they say we should all just stay in the living room with the heater on.
tried telling them she has to sleep in her cot in her room due to the feeding tubes and the danger caused if she were to sleep in the living room but they wernt interested so its a 2 day call out for the disabled as an "urgent" job

Claire that's ridiculous! And totally not on, especially in this weather. Who is it that you called?

kier, they deal with council repairs and are known for being carp

they told me the boilers ***** but wont replace it cos of cost but if the idiots add up how much its cost in various parts and of course the call out fees every few weeks since october 2008 then a new boiler would have been bloody cheaper

I am NOT happy!! I've had an interview for my dissertation booked for a couple of weeks now. It's in Glastonbury, which is a bit of a pain, has no train station and stuff. So my sister said she'd come with me so that I can use her car and she'll share the driving. I specifically checked the date they suggested with her before I agreed and confirmed it with them. And now I call her tonight to check it's all ok and she says she'd forgotten and she has some weekend thing in Wales, so doesn't know if she can take me. She's just text me, she'll take me there, but she can't bring me back, as she has to be in Monmouth at 6.30 and there's no point her driving all the way back to drop me off to turn around again. Other than the fact that it's really important I go and she'd agreed to anyway. So now I have to get the train back which will take about 3 and a half hours and cost £48. Not happy at all! I can't afford train tickets like that. If I'd known before hand I could have booked in advance but now it's too late.

AND!!! She's just said that she'll take me somewhere nice for lunch to make up for it. Grrr. Good mood vanished fast!

I just ate an orange. I'm not sure who I'm more annoyed at. My sister for letting me down. Or me for letting myself down, again. Could have been worse though.

Don't worry, I was eating fruits the first days too. I thought I was doing A good thing, but now I know that I haven't. Now I'm gonna just stick to those shakes or cereal 3 per day. And nothing else, and the waterrrr. I really want to know if I'm gettin into ketosis. Since here I cant buy the ketostix just anywhere. I live in the caribbean, so it's dificult. How will I feel when I'm get into it?

*GOOD WEEKEND EVERYONE*

Hi Zentje

I have never used ketostix and I wouldn't bother buying them. Working within community health care settings I could probably access them for nothing but have never thought of it. They can be unreliable, in my own opinion, (when I was doing a different diet I had to do urinalysis before weigh-in) - I found that results changed according to how much I had to drink, had I drunk water just before the test, had I just had a foodpack, was I TOTM etc.

You will know because hunger subsides, sometimes feeling more energy, horrid almost metallic taste in mouth and sense of well-being.

Don't worry - you will soon be there!

ketosis

Hi Zentje -- And Welcome. You'll know if you're in ketosis when...

you have a bad taste in your mouth, dragon breath, feel cold (maybe even in Aruba) and stopp feeling so hungry and actually have some energy. -- But BB is right, ketosis is just when you've used up the fat stores in your liver and are, finally, burning body fat. So, in three to four days most people are burning body fat -- but when you start eating again... you'll restore gylcogen (usually about 4 to 5 pounds).

MM

P.S. I am using Cambridge Diet Food for Life from the US because it is soy based and works better for me.

Last edited:
CG -- I have three sisters: each more evil than the next. It does not matter how you line them up, either. I am sorry she has let you down. Do you drive? Could you borrow a car? Is that even an option?

Claire -- I know that I suggested you call Kaya's Social worker the last time you had heating trouble. Also, maybe you get her doctor to make a call, as it is a health risk. With all the bad publicities councils have had with neglecting vulnerable people during this cold snap (and in the recent past) you'd think they get right on these things.

MM

MM I have 5 sisters, generally they're ok, all but one of them anyway. Unfortunately the only one of them in a position to be able to take me was that one sister. Yes, I do drive, but don't think there's a car that I can borrow. Most of my friends around here don't drive unfortunately. I'll just have to cope with the train journey back, it'll be ok.

CG -- FIVE sisters! OMG. And, I was kind of kidding about my sisters. Well, not really -- the eldest is very difficult and moody. The next one is crazy. Then there's me. The youngest is probably the best of the bunch. I do love them all -- but...

I hope the interview goes well and is worth the hassle you had making it happen.

MM

I know, 5! Makes Christmas a very expensive time of year, I have 9 nieces and nephews too! The sister above me can be extremely difficult so I don't really spend much time around her if possible, I find it the best thing all round really.

Thanks MM, I hope so too. It should be!

Back