Shelbell's Baby Diary

Only 1 hour till my scan appointment! My lord how today has dragged. Was lying in the bath earlier watching bean kick :) Have wee'd in a pot and had lots of drinks, so just waiting now. Hubby would go now to be sure of finding a parking space if I'd let him! Last time we got there really early and got seen early and our student midwife missed the scan as she got there for the appointment time, and I don't want that to happen again.

Anyway, back to my cup of squash!

Scan today went really well, bean is measuring correct for dates and looking gorgeous. Wanted to share my favourite piccy from today -

BeanScan20w3.jpg

Bean's face is at the top, with a hand either side and the two arms going down.

OH Shell that is fantastic news!!! YAY baby is right size - you must be thrilled after the 'doubt' that was there. ((hugs)) I'd be happy dancing with you if you were here with me!! lol

And how cute is your bean!! playing peek-a-boo!! lol
Had to smile at your bathtime fun! :) Amazing isn't it! lol I can't see my tummy jump yet but am looking forward to it for sure.

Soooo happy for you! ((Hugs))

Sorry I must've missed your post of scan pic, How cute and soo pleased bean is right size, bet that has put yoour mind at ease.

Thank you :) My mind is definately eased! For now lol...

Hubbs can feel the kicks much more now. A couple of nights ago bean played the game and gave his hand 4 massive kicks, and last night he felt some smaller ones too :) He's chuffed to bits and it's re-invigorated his nursery painting!

Dont no how i missed scan pic either. It is gorgeous. a lovely clear pic. Glad baba is correct size etc

congratulations im having a gastric bypass not sure when yet but really cant wait im 21 and i want a baby but dont want one yet, coz of how heavy i am and i now this sounds dumb but i want a bump as well and i dont want to be someone who is so fat u cant see that they are pregnant.

Charley I've discovered that being skinny doesn't guarantee a nice neat bump! I'm a size 8-10 these days and I don't look pregnant now at nearly 5 months :(

Things have gone down hill again :( not with bubbs, all fine there, just with me. The labyrinthitis has gone, but now have an ear infection I think and also my jaw is extremely painful. I can't chew at all as it hurts so much, and my appetite has disappeared. Add that to pregnancy hormones and all I can do is cry. Am back in work on Monday and stressed about that a little bit because I know that physically I'm not fit for it but I can't stay off forever!

omg ((((((((((((((((hugs )))))))))))))))) hope you start to feel better soon ,if you feel that bad you cant really go to work you need to rest as much as possible x

Shel, I think honestly after the talk your dr had with you they'd happily sign you off longer, and there is truly nothing your work can do ((Hugs)). I think you need to listen to your body and be wise for you and bubs. Rushing back to work could set you back further too ((hugs)) I hope you don't think my rude for saying though as I know it's a tough call.

Truly hope that your health settles soon and the hormones too ((Hugs)) be gentle to yourself for your sake as well as baby's.
x

Thanks :hug99: I feel a bit better today, my jaw is a little less sore. A problem with work is that no-one is covering my job while I'm off, I had a call from a colleague/friend a few days ago and she said my in-tray is fit to burst already. I have about 2 months sick leave on full pay remaining so although I can afford to take more time off, I'm more aware that I am likely to need that after the baby comes, so I'm trying not to take it.

I'll go back Monday and see how it goes. Hopefully this ear infection won't last long.

i would take time off if you have it...stupid me[have no brain] i know you may be worried about needing time off after the pregnancy but won't you have maternity leave after the birth to allow you bond with the baby and recover from the pregnancy

and by the time your back it will be a new year anyway so i would take the sick leave your entitled to if you need it

stupid me

i don't know what way sick leave and maternity leave work for you

think now you are entitled to 9 months paid maternity and you can tae 12 months off x

I can only take 6 weeks maternity leave, as after that it is only paid as stat mat pay, which is about £120 a week. Considering my mortgage is nearly £600/month that won't get me far! My company only does the bare minimum as required by the government.

My sick pay runs April to April so it will still be this year's allowance.

The only thing the company can 'do' if you take sick leave is that after a certain date of pregnancy they can force you into maternity leave from then. So taking the sick leave sooner rather than later is preferred for your own sake - so you don't have to go back to work so early.
When I had Erin my company paid the minimum mat leave too, so I paid up my rent in advance and a few bills to make sure I could afford 5 months off. After that the leave was unpaid completely and I couldn't afford that so went back after the 5 months. I started my mat leave on my due date to get the maximum time at home.

I know it's tricky Shel, but your colleague is wrong to put pressure on you like that and legally you could have them for that.

If you were off from now till after your mat leave ran out you'd be entitled to be, and they'd HAVE to cover for you or it's their failing not yours. I have had so many jobs that didn't cover me for holidays or sickness and I'd come back to all the work - but you can do so much in a day ((Hugs)) Try not to stress over if if you do go back.

We paid £90 at Before The Stork which is at the end of the M57 in Litherland. 15 minute scan time, DVD, 4 photos and a CD of images. They were lovely. Lots of different packages, they have a website.

Back