Shepherd's Pie + 1/3 of veggies?

Witchy Witch

No idea where to post this question!

We're doing the extra easy version for the time being.

We're going to have a vegetarian version of Shepherd's Pie tomorrow (pots, bell peppers, carrots, onions, mushrooms, green beans and quorn pieces) and I was just wondering...since all of these are already free do I still need to fill 1/3 of my plate with super food? Or can I skip that and just have a bigger bowl of the pie?

I think what SW recommend is that a third of your plate is speed food so that you're getting more of that than you are normal free food. Therefore, if you added a third speed food alongside the Shepherds Pie, you'd be eating more vegetables and filling up on those more than potatoes and Quorn (which are only free, not speed). However, I really don't see the harm in not adding more veg to the plate since everything except the potatoes and Quorn is speed anyway so I'd say it's up to you. When I have Shepherds Pie I tend to eat it with some broccoli and brussel sprouts but that's mainly just to make it a bit more interesting as it's nice to have something to dunk in the sauce :)

Back