Sheridan's 100 day challenge!

It's really good to have you back Sheridan, sorry to read you've had a crappy few months though.

Well done one on getting back on the diet, a one stone gain is really good in all the time you've been off....I can sadly do that in a fortnight :rolleyes:

Stick with it and the pounds (& stones) will soon disappear xx

Thanks Katie! I'm really happy to be back! In a weird way lol

Sometimes it takes having rough times to get things into focus. I'm going for a long stint now to be done for good.

My head is in the game and I know this can be it for me :)
I'm so pleased for how well you've been doing, you must be ecstatic for being so close and reaching goals. I'm lucky that besides mine and husband birthdays have no events (besides Christmas!) that I need to attend. My husband is being great and we've planned a non food related treat to celebrate our birthdays - just goes to show what some support can do!

Desperately wanting the first week under my belt so going to have a lovely bubble bath now and relax with hubby. :)

Great idea to plan non food / drink related treats, you're well organised and I think that's half the battle sometimes!

Its amazing how doing this diet can make you feel better in yourself, it definitely gives me more life and energy than I have when I'm eatin.

Thanks for your comments, I am really happy with my loss, 4lb to go then I'm six stone down since January and eight stone down from my largest - what amazes is is how when I eat now for a few days that I can feel bigger and fatter than I ever did at 17 or 19 stone - freaky :eek:

My plan is now to stay TS until 20th or 21st November as I go away on 22nd and may arrange a night out with old friends from school on the 21st to lump it all together, then I'm going to TS as much as possible until Christmas but may JUDDD using the packs in fast days as my son will be here for four weeks over Christmas before moving to America so I want to have as much normal time with him as possible....but my Christmas do for work is on the 19th so I want to be slim for that, I'd like to be a comfortable 12 and I was a 22/24 last year.

Exciting times for us all :D xx

Wow Katie what amazing losses and dedication. Very inspiring. Big well done from me

Wow Katie what amazing losses and dedication. Very inspiring. Big well done from me
Thanks Lara, if I'd stayed 100% I could probably have been at goal, but life is for living and learning too ;) xx

Thanks Lara, if I'd stayed 100% I could probably have been at goal, but life is for living and learning too ;) xx

How far off goal are you? (I use the app so can't see stats!) you've obviously stuck to it well enough to achieve what you have, don't knock it it's no easy task. Also feeling worse than you did at a heavier when you eat a few days is probably a sign your body adapted to a new set weight... So that it feels extra uncomfortable to go above it, even if you've been there before.... I'd take it as a good sign ;-) x

Day 6/100

Killing it so far, no slip ups!

Really need to get on with work, haven't done hardly any. Pretty confident I'm clear into ketosis, cold feet and hands, horrible taste in mouth... Yep appears to be!

I'm a serial weigher but made the decision, it's important that I don't weigh everyday because it becomes obsession and even seeing losses doesn't motivate the way I'd like to think they do! So haven't weighed since Friday morning and won't until weigh in on Tuesday.

I'm optimistic for my first weigh in, fingers crossed for like 10lbs off, would be good. I'd really like to see the 12s by my birthday, which will be day after week 3 weigh in.

A girl can dream :)

Day 6/100 Killing it so far, no slip ups! Really need to get on with work, haven't done hardly any. Pretty confident I'm clear into ketosis, cold feet and hands, horrible taste in mouth... Yep appears to be! I'm a serial weigher but made the decision, it's important that I don't weigh everyday because it becomes obsession and even seeing losses doesn't motivate the way I'd like to think they do! So haven't weighed since Friday morning and won't until weigh in on Tuesday. I'm optimistic for my first weigh in, fingers crossed for like 10lbs off, would be good. I'd really like to see the 12s by my birthday, which will be day after week 3 weigh in. A girl can dream :)

Well done. Agree daily weigh is usually bit very helpful... I'm trying to hold out until week4 to weigh.... 2 weeks 1 day to go!!!

I couldn't hold out a whole month! Good on you for doing that though :)

Halfway there, you can do it! I'm excited to see what you've lost when you weigh.

I couldn't hold out a whole month! Good on you for doing that though :) Halfway there, you can do it! I'm excited to see what you've lost when you weigh.

Yes me too!!

Been doing a lot of thinking about the reasons why it is worth me losing weight now and not waiting any longer.

Why this needs to be the last time.

I've never really thought as my children being a reason, they are an obvious one but for me, I had to do it for myself. They aren't going to stop seeing me as mum just because I weigh more, but then I've realised, what habits am I teaching them?

That being overweight is a good idea? And worry about the consequences later? No. I can't do that.

I need to be a role model, I'm obsessively conscience about showing how important education is and working hard even if it's a struggle at time. Having my first when I was 15 was not something I planned at all, but all I've done since is try to show him and everyone that it doesn't make any difference. I can still achieve the same things and be a good parent.

I didn't plan having my second at 19, but I wouldn't change it now for the world, and it hasn't stopped me doing anything, maybe just made me work a bit harder.

Sorry for the rant but we all know weight loss is a journey that makes us learn new things and let go of old habits and troubles. A bit of reflection helps the process. :)

image-3200215158.jpg

You're very like me :) I had my first young too, and now I have four. They really are so important.
I think I'm in ketosis too, I feel energised and not hungry. But I don't get the bad taste or any other symptoms. Super clean teeth is one I get, but no nasty breath or pee (so my boyfriend says about the breath anyway lol). Just think how much stronger as a person you will feel when you achieve what you set out to. You'll feel amazing xxx

What cuties they are!!

I'm hoping I feel that way after week 1 weigh in, I know i had no problem really afterwards and managed my four week 100% TS stint pretty easily.

Thanks Lara! Most people say they look like me and not my husband :p

I am yet to have my second pack yet and last night I got into bed already to go to sleep and realised I hadn't had my last one! Haha.

Must be more on the ball. I cooked dinner for the kids and hubby, I always wait a few days before cooking again and hubby is always really good with taking over for those days and whenever I feel too much temptation. I hope - a delicious chicken and rice dish, don't know since I couldn't taste it lmao!

Ah well, start of a new week, it's already going faster. I'll be ready for Christmas dinner in no time :D

Your children are gorgeous :D Well done on cooking and resisting, good idea to give yourself a break from it for the first few days if you think it may bother you xx

How far off goal are you? (I use the app so can't see stats!) you've obviously stuck to it well enough to achieve what you have, don't knock it it's no easy task. Also feeling worse than you did at a heavier when you eat a few days is probably a sign your body adapted to a new set weight... So that it feels extra uncomfortable to go above it, even if you've been there before.... I'd take it as a good sign ;-) x

My goal is to get to 9 stone (at the moment) but I'm happy to review it as I go down - I'm just under 5ft 2" so 9st 7lb puts me into the overweight bracket so I feel as though I want to weigh less than that. So at the moment it's 2st 10lb to go :)

Hubby suggested I use my 2015 diary to mark down my mini goals for my weight loss journey and I have 8!
I will note them here as well, I'm flexible that I might achieve them exactly when I want but also staying optimistic that I might do better.

Mini goal 1 - to have lost a total of 2st 7lb by end of December. (11st 7lbs)

Mini goal 2 - to have lost a total of 3st for my 100 day challenge (11st 5lbs)

Mini goal 3 - to fit into a size 14 dress/jeans (I don't know weight I would be for this to happen)

Mini goal 4 - to have lost a total of 4st by end of February (10st 5lbs)

Mini goal 5 - to have lost a total of 4st 7lbs by future sister in law's hen do 20/03/2015 (9st 12lbs)

Mini goal 6 - to have lost a total of 4st 12lbs by brother's wedding 17/05/2015 (9st)

Mini goal 7 - to have maintained weight between 9st-9st 10lbs for 1 year wedding anniversary 06/06/2015

Mini goal 8 - to have maintained weight loss and be at no more than 9st 7lb for graduation October 2015.

Of course these will change over time and will add or remove things depending on what's happening. But for me, it helps to think this far ahead because I feel more accountable for when I feel like giving up. Definitely a marathon not a sprint, must remember that it is better to think of this as making long term changes rather than just to suit one event for me.

Done rambling now :)

Well done for writing them, I love mini goals, I really do think they help. You should add them to your signature and cross them off as you reach them xx

I think that's a great idea Katie! Then they are there always when I post and it'll be nice to put a tick next to them when I get there :)

My goal is to get to 9 stone (at the moment) but I'm happy to review it as I go down - I'm just under 5ft 2" so 9st 7lb puts me into the overweight bracket so I feel as though I want to weigh less than that. So at the moment it's 2st 10lb to go :)

That's not too bad, I'm 5'2 as well.. My goal is 9st - we all look and feel different at different weights don't we! But 9st10 is bmi 24.9 so is within the normal weight category.. but that's based on 5'2 height.... I was looking it up earlier to check!

Back