shoe size

jenna113

ive recently noticed that my shoes are getting a bit big. today i confirmed it though - my feet keep sliding in and out of my shoes and there is quite a significant space from the back of the hell towards the end of the shoe. they might be slipping out due to pop socks? Do you think weight loss affects foot sizes as well?

Hi Jenna,

I've noticed this too. It's true, shoes 'grow' a little with wear, but I just couldn't keep mine on. Hence an excuse to buy new shoes.

I am beginning to think this diet should come with major expenditure warnings though. New clothes, new shoes, what next?

W

oooh glad someone has mentioned this, I have noticed this too - I though perhaps my foot was getting narrower (??) rather than shorter - but shoes definately looser than before.

strange!

yeah, my feet are wide. always have been. if they weren't, i think i could get into a size 4 (37). but i normally buy 39s (6) and at times 38 (5) if they are a bit wider.

now my 39 high heel shoes are too big. hmmm.....i need to hit the jackpot soon!!

It most definitely is true .. I have dropped from a 7/8 to a 6.1/2 7 .. it's GREAT!!!

Yep, happened to me too. I lost 3 stone and can no longer wear a 6, and tend to buy 5½ or sometimes 5.

I think you lose weight all over with a VLCD and it's all fat, so you get smaller all over too. I wonder if my earlobes are slimmer:thinking2: ;)

Yep my new shoes were back to a 6 (39) and in recent years I have had to buy a 6 1/2 (40) occasionally a 7 (41).

Dizzy x

ive recently noticed that my shoes are getting a bit big. today i confirmed it though - my feet keep sliding in and out of my shoes and there is quite a significant space from the back of the hell towards the end of the shoe. they might be slipping out due to pop socks? Do you think weight loss affects foot sizes as well?

This is a definate, I have gone down a shoe size...in fact it was one of my first target areas to go....lol. I have gone from an 8 down to a 7, and the 7`s are feeling a little loose.

this is all so interesting - never really imagined that my foot can lose weight too....

:confused:

but hey...bring it on :eek:

mine are going down too!!! so glad someone brought this up - thought it was my shoes! never expected this to happen. Love the comment re all the things they should have told us re expenditure - shoes, clothes etc!!!:D

girlies,

i think we either need:

- to hit the jackpot;

- or to find a sugardaddy!!

whatch'all think?

Keep it up, gals!!!

girlies,

i think we either need:

- to hit the jackpot;

- or to find a sugardaddy!!

!

Yep I've gone down about half a shoe size and boots I culdn't zip up over my calf are now fine. When we are overweight we carry fat EVERYWHERE.

Yep - a sugardaddy for me please!!! I can shop for England.

Sugar daddy for moi too, please! ;)

Mine too. It makes perfect sense when you think about it though... your feet swell/stretch when they're carrying all of the extra weight... and the more you lose, the less your feet have to accommodate.

I've gone from a 7 to about a 6 1/2 now... I still wear my 7's but they're getting quite wide.

So glad to have found this thread.
Thought I was going mad when shoes felt loose.Even considered the poss of a pixie coming at night & stretching them.

Sadly shoes are one part of my wardrobe I don't want to upgrade as I quite like what I've got.

So glad to have found this thread.
Thought I was going mad when shoes felt loose.Even considered the poss of a pixie coming at night & stretching them.

Sadly shoes are one part of my wardrobe I don't want to upgrade as I quite like what I've got.

OMG Jane I never stretched your shoes! :p
Tis a fact that your feet get smaller as you lose weight, not because you have fat feet but because there is less weight pushing down on them which causes them to spread.
Look at the width of your foot if you hold it just off the fllor then put your weight on it and it magically spreads out!:D

OMG Jane I never stretched your shoes! :p

Poor pixie i'm so sorry. I'm sure you have much better things to do with your evenings than play in strangers' wardrobes.

Tis a fact that your feet get smaller as you lose weight, not because you have fat feet but because there is less weight pushing down on them which causes them to spread.
Look at the width of your foot if you hold it just off the fllor then put your weight on it and it magically spreads out!:D

What you described makes perfect sense thanks.plus there may be a little fat loss too.I certainly think that bit just below the ankle has got thinner & that wouldn't be a loading/spreading thing.

Back