should i give up?

Emzy22

Heya all,
i'm just writing to see what your guys opinions are on this: basically i keep loosing and gaining the same few pounds and tonight at WI i put on 3 pounds, which means i am back at the same weigh i was 21st June, so i really am just getting very down hearted about it and thinking maybe this plan isn't for me? What do you all think? any advice would be brilliant, so thank you loads all=)xxxx

What plan are you following green/red/EE have you spoken to you consultant for advise.

Have you kept food diaries if you have try looking back over them and see if there is anything you could change you are saying that some weeks you lose so see what you have been eating that week.

Stay focused and positive and giving up is not an option. Look to the future not the past.

Read some of the threads on here there is lot of good advice and lots of helpful memebers who know a bit more than I do.

What plan are you doing??? Sometimes a good mix up of the plan helps.

Also - food diaries? Do you keep one? Maybe we could take a peek & see if we can spot something??

Also - might sound silly, but do you actually stick to plan or do you get fairly naughty sometimes??

thanks for your replies lovelys, really greatful for it=) i do mostly EE but have a few green and red days throughout the week i have food diaries written down on paper, but i quickly what i had today:
breakfast: - muller light vanilla yogart and a banana
Lunch: beans on toast(HeB) and salad
dinner: 2 quorn sauages, green beans and cabbage with 4 of those like little boiled potatoes
then i've had 2 cups of tea using my HeA milk and had some strawberries
As far as i know i do keep to the plan, i have stopped going to the gym for a bit because moneys low which i guess may have an impact if my body was used to it, and i've emailed my C because i couldn't stay at my tonights meeting, i really just don't get what i'm doing wrong, thank you for your help though, seriously you guys are great=)

thanks for your replies lovelys, really greatful for it=) i do mostly EE but have a few green and red days throughout the week i have food diaries written down on paper, but i quickly what i had today:
breakfast: - muller light vanilla yogart and a banana
Lunch: beans on toast(HeB) and salad
dinner: 2 quorn sauages, green beans and cabbage with 4 of those like little boiled potatoes
then i've had 2 cups of tea using my HeA milk and had some strawberries
As far as i know i do keep to the plan, i have stopped going to the gym for a bit because moneys low which i guess may have an impact if my body was used to it, and i've emailed my C because i couldn't stay at my tonights meeting, i really just don't get what i'm doing wrong, thank you for your help though, seriously you guys are great=)

I'm not usually one to say thats not alot of food, but that doesn't look alot to me.. I can't really help much as I too am in the same boat, but if I'm, brutally honest with myself I don't stick to plan 100%. Therefore I shall from today to see what a difference it makes. I only have to look through the weight loss diaries and food diaries on here to know that in my heart of hearts I'm not being honest with myself. That's not to say you aren't , but sometimes you can see things on other peoples diaries and you think, Oh I missed that, I hope that makes sense...

Oh Yes the quick answer is No. Don't give up

NO..... definitely don't give up!! I agree it doesnt sound like a lot of food at all and if your body was used to you exercising and now your not then your metabolic rate will have slowed as well. Also remember on EE a third of your daily intake should be superfree food. x

No dont give up.....try going back to basics and loading up on free foods (fruit and veg) with every meal.

If you're doing red or green make the most of 2x healthy A's and 2 B's and syns. If you're doing EE, just the same but with 1 A and 1 B. If you're on a plateaux, you never know when the next loss is just around the corner, you'll get there if you stick to it.

Good luck :)

Another trick to try is to vary your healthy extra's EVERY day, just to get some more variety in :)

Honestly the more you eat the more you lose, use your syns i lose more when i use all syns and are you drinking enough? xx

i am a ee girl but my losses aint bein great for a little bit so like u aint to happy as i am sure i aint doing anything wrong
so this week i am doing red and green see if i get a better result this will be my second day green today
apple clemintime bannan muller
b pot beans 1/2 cheese salad
pasta tom sauce home made 1/2 cheese (hexb) 85g raw bacon(2 halfs make 1 hexA)
home made ice cream (1)
alpen light bar (syn3)
still got 1 hex a and b to have for supper and a fw syns to play wit if i like:)

looks like a lot more than u even on ee i would have had alot more than u

oh yes and just remembered someone at our group said try having a different breakfast every day.... I did it last week and was very pleased with what I lost. And totally agree with everyone "the more you eat the more you lose"

Its so hard when you don't see any change and it can make you want to just throw in the towel, but instead try thinking of it as "maintaining" that way you may not feel so bad and like the others said go back to basics and weight your HEX a and b's, eat loads of superfree foods and drink plenty of water.

Good luck hun, you can do this, it will work just stick with it x

I agree it doesn't look much food, and no syns. I know its crazy but to stick to plan 100% you need to include all your syns and HE each day.
Maybe start a food diary on here. we can all offer advise. maybe try just EE for a month, or just Green for a month, see what suits you. Like with everything give it a good length of time as a trial.
Dont give up. you can do this

i had my syns just not a curly wurly and vodka and diet coke. but seriously thank you all for your input, i'm deff going to try the different breakfasts and make sure i get in a tonne of fruit and veg and do more red and green days, you guys are seriously amazing, would of given up without you all but i'm going food shopping tomorrow and feel way more positive that this time next week i will have a loss=) thank you tonnes and millions:Dxxxx

Hi there hun. :)

now for starters i'll say this: you can loss weight and gain it, and it won't matter in the long run. but if you give up altogether then you have lost the war against food.

the list of what you have eaten looked very small to me, SW we get to basically stuff ourselves with all the good stuff, so maybe more free foods and super free foods each day will help.

this will sound strange, but i yoyo'd for about six weeks the first time i did SW and found out it was because on the weeks i gained i hadn't used all my healthy extras. not using all your syns isn't too bad, but not having all your HE means your body doesn't get what it needs. this is a high fibre low fat diet and the HE gives us the rest.

i also found i gained weight on the weeks that i didn't feel overly happy. there was nothing making me unhappy, but i just didn't feel overly cheerful. so if you ever get stuck in that motion then try and find something that usually makes you smile and see what a difference that will make.

i hope you'll stick around with us, but ultimately it's your choice hun.

Lots of good advice here. Not much to add, except as others have observed you could be eating too little. The days food you jotted down did look very small. Make sure you get your HEs in and use your syns too. Try green or red as well as EE. And try to have patience - we're in this for the long haul after all. It's not a quick fix more of a lifestyle change. Good luck honey, and don't give up! X

Back