Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Hello Lovelies, where do all the hours in a day suddenly disappear to lol...can't believe it's nearly bed time yet again xx

Thanks ladies, I am sure Kelsi will be fine once she gets back to school but right now she is obviously very nervous, that is why the school are happy to ease her back in at her pace...I have to say if it all comes off as they have promised it will, then I will be suitably impressed xxxx

My sister is the most annoying person on the planet (I am guessing she'll say the same about me lol), and she is the sweetest, gentlest, most caring thoughtful sister anyone could ever wish for...we both are with each other....

When we were growing up we didn't know each other weren't allowed to mix as such and were encouraged to hate and hurt each other, that was his ( my father that is) way of keeping us from forming alliances and turning on him....

When we got older we all tried and even pretended we got on and even liked each other, but we really didn't and had nothing much in common...so we seperated, I still have nothing to do with 3 of my siblings, 1 died and that leaves me, my sister and my eldest brother...we 3 have worked hard over the years to form bonds....Gill my sister and I succeeded a lot easier than Dave and us did, I think it was because Gill and I had our kids at about the same time and they were a common bond.....but when I was pregnant with Kirsty and homeless at the time, Gill really helped out and made sure we wanted for nothing, I have never forgotten that and have done the same back for her ....Gill even lived with me for a week, leaving her husband at home and bringing her children to my place when I had my nervous breakdown and was there for me 24/7...since then Gill and I have times when neither of us had 2 brass halfpenny's to rub together, but there are other times when one of us and even sometimes both of us are really flush, at those times we help each other out....a few weeks ago when Gill needed to get her house ready to take the students in, Mal and I went over 4 days running and scrubbed, sorted, moved furniture and made sure the house was perfect and ready....I think we appreciate each other a lot more because we had to work at our relationship, we have both said if we weren't Sisters we would still be friends and now Dave our oldest brother (the multi millionaire) is also coming round and opening up and learning to trust us and even like us and like Gill he is a star....he actually paid for this holiday, well not all of it, but about 2 thirds of it and he is the one that is sorting my house out and he is paying for that too....he says this is my belated 50th birthday present (he always has to justify things by making it for a reason lol ), but I know it's because he paid for my sister to have a holiday and did a lot of work on her house too....so yes I am a very lucky person, I have 2 really wonderful siblings that I never dreamt many years ago that I would have xxx:hug99: xxx

I have always said that if you read my life story and then were asked to put it into a category, most people would select a fairytale as being that category, because even to me that's exactly how it feels....nothing in my life has run smooth, not my childhood, not my relationship with my siblings and definitely not my realtionship with Mal....7 years we were apart and been back together 26 years next month, and happier than ever ...crazy life, but one hell of a ride lol xxx

Last edited:
Oh and I almost forgot, they are lovely, Gill obviously knows what I like and don't like too lol xxx

Lily that's really lovely that you are there for each other now even tho you have had to work at it............I've said before that I was very lucky growing up coming from a close loving family and that made forming close bonds with siblings easy. I have such respect for you forming bonds with 2 of your siblings despite the discouragement you had growing up :) .........it shows the true measure of you in that you were willing to work at it and now have a fantastic relationship. I have a brother and a sister and I would go to the ends of the earth for either of them and I know that they would do the same for me and tbh I can't imagine a life without them..........xx

Dawn, 25 years ago I could never imagine me saying I would go to the ends of the earth for my sister and brother, but I would too, they drive me mad, they are very opinionated and they are the most loving caring people I know and I love them to bits xxx

th_DSC_0049.jpg
Gill
th_2012-01-29184735.jpg
Dave

Last edited:
Dawn, 25 years ago I could never imagine me saying I would go to the ends of the earth for my sister and brother, but I would too, they drive me mad, they are very opinionated and they are the most loving caring people I know and I love them to bits xxx

Thats families for you :giggle: Mine do the same to me, especially my brother as he can be quite opinionated and everything is either black or white, he sees no shades of grey and tbh life isn't quite like that or thats my experience anyway, so in that respect he drives me nuts, having said that if I needed him he wouldn't hesitate to help. We have all always been close but since our mum died we seem to have become closer and she would have loved that :)

so nice for you to have such wonderful siblings you get on well with. hope you have a great day :hug99:

Hello lovelies, just a quickie as I have a full agenda for the next few days, Kirsty's birthday Monday, so we have family here today, tomorrow and Monday plus Kirsty now is on holiday till Thursday, and we have a few shopping trips planned, so not going to be round much at all....:hmm: they don't make half as much fuss over my birthday lol...the joys of getting old...er lol
Have a fabulous weekend all, I will try and pop in as much as I can but probably won't be till late and I know I will be shattered, my family never leave at reasonable times lol ...have fun xx:hug99:xxx

Dawn your brother sounds exactly like mine ...bless them :giggle: xxx
Mandy thanks we tried the ginger route, she is drinking ginger beer but the biscuits she is gagging at, she has finally listened and is doing a biscuit or breadstick or whatever takes her fancy every hour or so, says it seems to be helping :fingerscrossed: xxx
LMC, it is good to finally have a great relationship with some of my siblings and I am sure I'll have a great weekend all be it a tiring one, you have a good one too lovely xxx

Poor Kirsty :bighug: I had that every single day while pregnant with Charlie, I found ginger and chamomile tea good, preggie pops (sour lollies to suck), sucking on a boiled sweet, and as you say ginger nut biscuits. :)

How lovely of your sister :D thats so sweet and wow Joe Browns :wow: as you know I adore their clothes... well deserved my lovely twin :) xxxxxxxxx

Hi Lovely Lils What a lovely surprise for you those clothes are beautiful!!! I hope your having a lovely weekend xxx

I missed the dresses too :giggle:

They're amazing, I absolutely love Joe Brown's stuff, you're going to look amazing on your holiday :woohoo:

Morning lovelies, just a quickie again before birthday girl gets up, had a lovely weekend with family and friends and today is Kirsty's Birthday and as per usual the sun is shining...every year since the day she was born we have had beautiful sunshine, other than in 1998 when we were in Spain and it peed down all day. Just looked at the weather forecast and it's glorious sunshine again today until later this evening...just said to Mal the sun shines on the beautiful people lol
Poor Kirsty has been really bad with the so called morning sickness that lasts all day, all weekend.
We have tried everything, ginger beer, ginger biscuits, camomile tea, peppermint tea, tried eating little and often, plain crackers, plain rice, ice lollies, you name it, she's tried it bless her.....she is barely eating anything as she has gone off everything, except ice lollies such as twisters and ice pops....I remember being the same when I carried her and Kelly, wasn't quite as bad with Kelly as I was sick all day long and once I was sick I felt fine, but with kirsty that constant sick feeling was there 24/7 the whole pregnancy, with both my pregnancies I lost masses of weight, just under 4 st with Kelly and just over 2st with Kirsty, the only pregnancy I didn't lose weight or feel or be sick with, was the one that I miscarried at 4 months..strange eh?
Anyways as I said this is just a quick visit while waiting for birthday girl to get up....she has 3 days holiday now so we are going shopping too should be fun.
Hope you're all well, catch you soon :hug99: xxxxxx

Oh and thank you all for the lovely comments, the clothes are really lovely, I too love Joe Brown and I will be in them by the time we go on our hols, may be even have to have them altered lol xxx

Back