Sick of pretending I'm not fat

I've got an assignment due on Monday, still can't be bothered doing it so I know how you feel.

It's daft isn't it I don't know why I do this! It's really important I've paid a fortune for it and if I fail it messes up all my next booked exams and I'll have to pay to redo it! What am I doing.... Watching criminal minds!

Just had rest of left over shepherds pie and made some cabbage to go with it, made a little bit of bisto to go with it so that's a Saturday lunch done. It's the weekends that are the hardest aren't they as no routines! Got some left over curry which I'm planning on having tonight so fingers crossed I can still to that and not be naughty!

As I'm doing it from home at the moment I'm struggling with looking up the syn value for things I've got in the house which is limiting my choices! Least I've managed quite well with making a main meal last over lunches which is good as its planning where I fall down and end up wasting syns!

Grapes now x

Had a long conversation with my mum today which resulted in me going round in circles.

I once did the Cambridge diet which is similar to lighter life etc and I lost about 3 stone in 2 months and I did keep it off for a long time even though I didn't go up the steps properly.

I'm following quite a few people on Instagram that are doing it and they're having such amazing results that I can't help but think 2 months on that and I could lose 3 stone and be 14 stone then could go on slimming world to lose the rest and it'd be fab bcos it'd come off quickly and it removes the choice and thought process and temptation as you're just eating products.

HOWEVER then I see people that have lost the same on slimming world which is obviously much more natural and you can have a life and function in society a lot easier etc but I've never been able to have results anything near as good as those people as its like 3.5 pounds a week!

I just go round and round in circles. I know I joked about being slimmer over night but it's just upsetting thinking I have to always think about food whereas diets like Cambridge there's no thought.

I need to get to Monday and get weighed and hope hope hope that I've lost!

I thought about doing one of those diets for speed. Last year I lost 1 or 2 pounds a week and it just wasn't fast enough for me. Only problem is I'd end up cooking two meals, one for me and one for the family and that's too expensive and far too much extra work and so I thought I'd give exercise a go this year and stick to SW. Last time I had a habit of guessing my syns and keeping tally in my head, I know it was my fault I starting constantly maintaining which led to me giving up, this time I'm using this forum to keep proper track

Hi Emma, I've lost almost 7 stones - my only tip is to just think long term and think of it as a marathon and not a race and if you go off track for a bit, don't worry too much, just come back to it as soon as you can. Nobody loses every single week, so you have to make sure an odd gain doesn't kill your motivation.

Good luck with it - you have proven to yourself already that you can do this! xx

J it's not a case of making a different meal it's just shakes, soups porridge and bars later on its not much of a life! But the speed is amazing but it's not sustainable.

Cheshire wow!!!! That's amazing! Over what period? What are your favourite meals and snacks?
Thank you for being so nice but it's not even a week yet! I take on board what you say though it's gradual and you have to have a life too.

I had a benefit bar and a piece of toast this afternoon then leftover curry and rice with some cheese on. Can't say I'm full though but not hungry. I'm nearly at 4 litres of water which is good. Boys drinking n was trying to get me to have some wine I said no obviously, uou know when you could scream at someone!

Hi, You've made a good start, keep at it!
SW is a good plan, and one that uses normal food, which is good all round.
the weight will come off , just have to stick with it, I lost almost 4.5st with SW from September 2014 to June 2015 , but then went off track because of various things , and ended up just bingeing on junk on and off and am now needing to get that 2 stone gain back off again!

Well done Z and although I'm sure horrible at least you know why you put it back on. If you e done it once you can do it again that's what I keep telling myself!

I know it's just keeping going and not getting annoyed because it's not quick enough.

Had scrambled egg and beans on toast this morning with cheese and pepper on top but ran out of grapes so will have a banana.

I'm trying to plan what meals to make this week, trying to think of thing that I can use leftovers for lunch again as that keeps me on plan.

Thinking chickpea and spinach curry
Salmon pasta
Fish pie
Maybe a chilli again
These will do 4 lunches

Then one night salmon fillet with potatoes and veg and one night chicken fillet with risotto and veg

We'll see what happens though lol but it's a plan for now to stick to as need to go shopping today at some point, another way to avoid revision lol X

My airfryer has been my saviour coz I love chips and I always found SW chips done in the oven to be a bit naff. I also make my own sausages just with 100% pork, all fat removed with onions and sweetener so they taste like the carmelised onion sausages you can get in the supermarket - i also make the curry sauce that someone has posted the recipe for which I thought sounded hideous but it is just like chippy curry sauce so I'm hooked on that!

Just wish someone would invent syn-free Guinness! ;)

Hiya I don't mean to hijack the thread but is it possible you could post the curry sauce recipe? I love chip shop curry sauce :)

I keep looking at acti fry but so expensive Aldi were meant to have one for £30 but don't At ours :(

Do you put your pork and onion in anything or just have them like koftas?
X

Did a food shop earlier and despite feeling poorly I didn't buy anything naughty even though profiterole tower as reduced to like £2 and it's my favourite!

I got everything I thought of for teas and lunches cording to meal plan but realised when I got home forgot lasagne sheets boooooo but worse is that I still can't find the new peanut butter muller lights waaaaa!!! I so want to try them it's becoming an obsession even though I don't even like yogurts!

I've just had a ham, cheese and leek pasta packet made with wTer and then added in loads of red onion, ham and spinach, going to have a banana too but not yet. I'm freeeeeeeeeeeezing cold just can't get warm, oddly no revision done!

2 litres done.

Getting nervous about getting weighed in the morning!

Feeling sorry for myself so wanted some comfort food, did mash potato with onion and mashed princes lean corn beef in and had with beans, was yummy but put too much salt in waaaaa internet told me natural yog would fix it..... Well it's not salty but tastes odd now and very soppy! Gutted!

Nearly at 3 litres, haven't eaten banana, getting more worried about weigh in on the morning n feel like I shouldn't eat anything else, does anyone else feel like that??

Good morning
Well I bit the bullet and got weighed, I lost 3.5lbs and to be honest I'm gutted. It's a fab loss in general and any other week id be over the moon but first week should be more, I'm well under my syns and I've had fruit or veg with every meals and had minimum 3 litres a day both of which is usually my down fall so I really felt I'd have a bigger loss, was hoping for 5 to get me into next stone bracket.

I'll just keep on going but feeling bit disheartened that this is usually biggest loss so what will next week be 1lb? I know any loss is a loss blah blah but still

Don't be downhearted. Maybe it will all kick in next week, I've seen it happen at group where people loose a little the first week then catch up the next week.

Back