side effects & general hints from those that know!

I am on Exante, but came to look on here is there is more info on what is a similar plan.

I found this sticky fascinating! Thank you all. I have to face food everyday as I have kids to cook for and my OH. Other than nearly dribbling in the pan, it has been pretty easy so far.

Good luck to all on LL x

Anyone suffering from bad circulation? Im 22 so i dont usually suffer from bad circulation but im constantly getting pins and needles in my hands at the moment.

Hi River cant say ive had pins&needles, I did get a couple of nights towards the start where i woke in the night with cramp in my leg, i read that this happened to someone else too. are you getting the pins& needles often?

Hi Tracey, Oh thats nasty.. I havent had cramps yet, but yeh im sitting now and my foot has it. Its weird cause ill be walking and ill suddenly get tingling and then i have to sit down to get the feeling back.

Maybe its because my hands and feet are so cold.

yeah it could be river.....take it you didnt get that before LL?

No :( well you know unless i sat awkwardly but this happens if im just normally sitting for long periods or get up too quickly. Think ill buy some of those wool socks ! see if it is the cold :).

yeah try the socks but if they dont help i wouldnt ignore that......id keep an eye on it and maybe get it checked out?

Hi - Just saw this and thought I'd say - mine disappeared, or rather didn't appear, in week 32! Been normal to this point. xx

I haven't had my TOTM since December '10 (this is due to the contraceptive pill I take) and I suddenly had mine a week after starting LL. I can only put this down to the hormone level shift you get on a VLCD!

I've been lucky and not had too many side effects - I had a really nasty case of loose bowels at the beginning of my second week one night, but that's not repeated itself (Thank God!) and I had a bad case of dry mouth a few days after. That's easily fixed with Boot's own dry mouth spray though!

I was really worried going into this, but not had much to complain about so far (at least not publicly ;))

River, I'm getting pins & needles a lot more than usual too. Need to shift positions or sometimes get up and walk around to get rid of it. Annoying, isn't it?

Thank you

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted here. I am about to start week 2 and its good to know what to expect later in the programme.

First weigh in tonight so fingers crossed I get the positive result I want.

Remember everyone believe in yourself and you can do it!!

Aw, thanks Jez! I will plunder your blog for tips ;)

I have another tip:

Predict the future!
If you're tempted to lapse, don't tell yourself not to. Just stop for a second and consider your two choices: lapse or don't lapse. Try to imagine how you'll feel a few minutes into the future, after either decision.

How will you feel after you've eaten that chocolate bar? Fulfilled? Happy? Depressed? Disappointed in yourself?

And how will you feel if you resist? Hungry? Deprived? A little bit proud of yourself?

I've found this technique really helpful, and the answer becomes clear without me having to scold myself (which takes a lot of energy!), and each time it happens it strengthens my resolve.

I like this very much, the logic is great!:D
Jx

Every little helps

Thanks Jeez, that is a really interesting way of thinking about the plan and any triggers that may come about!

Last night was my first weigh in and I was delighted that my hard work paid off as I lost 9lb 3oz! Proud of myself! Tonight has been an important test my husband has been out and the old me would have searched cupboards to eat! However tonight I completed all my jobs and then relaxed in front of the tv!

I've found that people are very quick to comment about Lighter Life and there are very negative thoughts associated with it but I keep thinking that if I stick to the total programme and maintenance plan then there is nothing I can't achieve!

Anyone have a problem with getting a "fuzzy tongue" after eating the soup packs? I have a really sensitive gag reflex, so have a problem using tongue scrapers etc.!

Is this just not enough water?

Pandoraisinbox I have had fuzzy coating on my mouth after shakes and soups but it does disappear after drinking water.

I have also found that I am thirsty all the time even though I'm drinking at least 3 litres of water a day! Anyone else experienced that?

Hi All. Has anyone experienced back pain? In the last few days I've had increasing upper back pain, it's sort of just inside, to the bottom of my shoulder blades so around halfway up/down. On both sides. It feels muscular but is really causing me problems - I'm having to sit down a lot and it's disturbing my sleep. Nothing I do seems to ease it. Help!

I have been using superdrug's own breath spray for the past two weeks (since giving up on carrying around mouthwash!) and when you mentioned the citric acid it clicked with me. The past two weeks I've been having a rumbly tummy and feeling hungry, and my losses haven't been as good as usual. Could this be because of the mothwash as I'm not using gold spot? :confused:

What is it about the citric acid? My LLC mentioned not putting lemon in my water because of the citric acid? Why does this have an ill effect?

I do have a lot of light headedness (not a word but hey ho!)
Often have to stand still till it passes. Also am more forgetful/clumsy since I've been on it. I drink lots of water so know it is not this but am looking forward to RTM as it is not particularly pleasant

I've not started the programme yet, I have my first meeting on Monday. Thank you all for the contributions on this thread, I think it'll help to stop me worrying about every minor ache etc., to know that it's all normal.

Back