Silvermanes food diary - Extra easy plan

I had a 3 egg omelette with mixed peppers and pea's (1 syn red day), with garlic and thyme. I sprinkled 42g grated half fat cheese (2nd Hea) on the top then grilled it. OMG it was yummy! I had 4 crabsticks with my lunch and a shape yoghurt. I feel full up now.

On a funny note, while Bringing Oden the 8 month old foal out of his field (he's my friends baby), to feed him, May (the 3 year old Arab mare) went for him, he spun round to get behind me, my foot got stuck in 2 feet off mud like glue, so couldn't move, I lost my balance, SPLAT landed up to my arse in mud, and horse ****! I had a good hosing tho! lol Thank god I had my waterproofs on lol.

Last edited:
Dinner:

Carbonara

35g brown penne for me (+ I synned an extra 28g), and 100g per person brown spaghetti, for everyone else.
1 pk Lean bacon diced
Sliced mushrooms
4 sliced spring onions
150g Philadelphia Light
2 egg yolks
300ml veg stock

Whilst your pasta is cooking. Mix your eggs yolks with the Philadelphia and put to one side til ready.

Using frylite fry off your lean bacon and mushrooms and spring onions, and add the stock. le it reduce slightly.

When your pasta is nearly ready, add the Philadelphia mix to your bacon and heat through, turning up the heat a tiny bit (dont let it boil) so that its simmering, gently, the yolks make the sauce thicken. As soon as it thickens its ready.

As soon as your pasta is ready, drain it and add the bacon mixture and mix well.

This is a seriously a lovely dinner!! Very creamy, and it feels so luxurious for the syns!

NB: As I was having a red day, I had 35g as a Heb and synned 28g, then I served it with roasted butternut squash and green beans with sliced peppers.

Red Day

Healthy Extras

2 x weetabix Heb1
35g Wholemeal pasta Heb2
Skimmed milk Hea1
42g grated low fat cheddar Hea2

syns

2 syns 1 tbsp maple syrup (on top of my weetabix-nommy)
1 syn 28g peas (in my omelette for lunch)
3 syns dinner (spaghetti carbonara, for the Philadelphia)
5 syns 28g brown pasta
2 syns Chocolate highlight drink.

Total syns 12

Snacks

4 crabsticks
Shape yoghurt
Fruit.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Arrrrrgggghhhhhh I cant stop thinking about food!

I have managed to resist, so far, I had a banana and an apple, but it didn't forfil my craving, plus I have hunger pangs, but I had a big dinner! HUMPH!

I am trying to stick to superfree in between meals, but its actually quite hard! I know we can have syn free stuff, but where do you draw the line, I am a terrible night time grazer and I am sure that doesnt help my weight losses, so I am trying to get out of this bad habit!

Maybe I need to have a light supper or something, does anyone have a supper, and if so what is your cut off time?

I don't know why some days it is really hard. I know I've had some syn free stuff or Healthy Extra's as snacks but as you say you have to draw a line and be sensible. Some days it is so bloody hard though. I Have my Options drink later on as something to look forward to and if I'm having Alpen Light bars I'll have them with it (like a biscuit) that seems to work ok for me. Probably not the best of plans or textbook dieting but I have to balance that with at least I'm not eating toast and chocolate etc. It's like the lesser of two evils.

I have yet to do a red day but have one planned for next week so we shall see.

I don't know why some days it is really hard. I know I've had some syn free stuff or Healthy Extra's as snacks but as you say you have to draw a line and be sensible. Some days it is so bloody hard though. I Have my Options drink later on as something to look forward to and if I'm having Alpen Light bars I'll have them with it (like a biscuit) that seems to work ok for me. Probably not the best of plans or textbook dieting but I have to balance that with at least I'm not eating toast and chocolate etc. It's like the lesser of two evils.

I have yet to do a red day but have one planned for next week so we shall see.

This is exactly what I do with my HEB fibre plus bar :) I have a sort of 8pm curfew for anything sweet or syn type where I settle myself down with my choc options drink & my fibre plus.....and it feels really 'naughty' :D then If I still want anything I know Ive got my syns for a penguin wafer at 4.5 syns (seriously sweet and nomnomnommmy) but its the ONLY way I can curb it by imposing the curfew of not starting on the sweet stuff or naughties til 8pm) :eek:

Its worked really well up until this blip last week when I was ill....but Im back on the wagon and in my routine again with it now.

Extra Easy today.

I had a nommy omelette with spinach and peppers and green beans today with baked beans on top for my lunch was scrummy.

Beef stir fry and noodles for tea!

Healthy extras

2 x Weetabix
Skimmed Milk

Syns

4 1/2 syns Skinny cow
4 1/2 syns Quavers
2 syns chocolate highlight

Total syns 11

Snacks

Fruit

Last edited:
Extra Easy Day

For dinner we had

Turkey Meatballs and whoemeal Pasta.

Serves 4 - Syn free

Ingredients - Meatballs

1 pack Turkey Mince
Onion very finely chopped
2 Garlic cloves finely chopped
Salt and Pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp Basil
Dash worcester sauce

This makes 20 meatballs.

I use a food processor, but you can do it by hand. I first blitz the onion and garlic, then push all the onion down the sides, and put the mince on top. Add all the seasoning and then blitz until well mixed. You can also do all this by hand!

Meatball making tip: I put it on my meat chopping board and wet my hands (stops mixture sticking to your hands). I then knead the mixture lightly, and shape into a long sausage. Which I then halve. Make another sausage shape, with this half, and then flatten with my hand (keep wetting your hands), once flat I use a knife to cut length ways, then cut into 5 width ways (making 10 pieces). I then take each piece and roll into my wet hands into a ball, and place each finished ball onto a frylite sprayed baking tray. Do this until all 10 are made. Then do the same with the other half. This makes fairly even/same shaped meatballs.

Cook for 15 minutes in 180c Oven or gas mark 6.

NB: you can frylite them off in the pan, but I find they keep their shape better if you oven cook them for a little while first.

015ux.jpg

Ingredients - Sauce

1 large carton of Passata
1 onion chopped
1/4 pack of mushrooms sliced
Salt and Pepper
2 tsps Basil or handful of finally chopped fresh basil.
2 cloves garlic chopped

Frylite the pan (you can make this as the meatballs are cooking), then 'fry' off the onions and mushrooms and garlic. I always add the herbs at this stage, as the frying releases the flavour of the herbs! Then add the passatta, and simmer while you wait for your meatballs to cook.

Have a pan of water all ready for your pasta, and add 100g per person of wholemeal pasta. When the meatballs are ready, add them to the sauce, and cook through, and leave to simmer gently while your waiting for your pasta.

021aes.jpg

Serve!
023nox.jpg

that looks yummy!!
Your meatballs look great, i have never tried to make meatballs i just buy Quorn ones haha, the lazy option!!

Mmm weetabix....i may have weetabix for breakfast in the morning...with hot milk and sweetener...nom nom nom!!!

Diary looking good x

I have Maple syrup on top of mine, its seriously nommy, Brit mum told me about it!

yup Ive got pasta & toms......recipe please..please...pretty please (with a syn free cherry on the top:))

Seem as you asked so nicely like...

Ingredients

SERVES 2

200g dried penne or any pasta
1 can of chopped tomatoes
frylite
half an onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tsp chilli flakes
salt and black pepper
pinch of sweetner
grated parmesan (optional), to serve

Method
1. In a saucepan, gently cook the onion and garlic in the frylite until the onion has softened. Add the chopped tomatoes, chilli flakes and sweetener. I sometimes add some basil as well.
Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 25-30 minutes until thickened.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of salted water until cooked 'al dente', and then drain the pasta.
3. Add the pasta to the sauce and mix in well. Serve with grated parmesan (optional).

While researching a new recipe for a low syn cheese and potatoe pie (yes I did say pie) I came across a good guide for herbs, which people who are not big on herbs might find useful. I like to try new herbs and work out different combinations and which ones work well together, as I seriously love the taste of food.

Anyhow click here for the herb guide!

Back