Simon (Bolero's) Food Diary

Ooh, me too! :) You could probably make quite a nice pastry bake with that combination though I dislike BBQ sauce you could use a ready made roll-out pastry sheet (reduced fat to save points), smear with BBQ sauce and top with chicken/bacon/reduced fat mozzarella and then bake in the oven until the pastry's brown ^^ serve with some veg and voila! Not too expensive either!

Jaly said:
Ooh, me too! :) You could probably make quite a nice pastry bake with that combination though I dislike BBQ sauce you could use a ready made roll-out pastry sheet (reduced fat to save points), smear with BBQ sauce and top with chicken/bacon/reduced fat mozzarella and then bake in the oven until the pastry's brown ^^ serve with some veg and voila! Not too expensive either!

Dribble!!

Jaly said:

Nom,I like the sound of that :0)

bolero982 said:
Ooo...that sounds delicious! *drools*

The meal was gorgeous. Perhaps a little sweet, but really enjoyable and the bacon was perfect with the sauce. Yum. Was still hungry after, so had a bacon sandwich. :p Can't beat a nice bit of bacon with brown sauce. Nice & full now.

Both sound very yum and that's good that you are full now :0)

Morning all. Back to work today (oh joy), although today is the easiest of my shifts this week (11 till 4) so it's a bit less stressful. Another day of high points food, which I'm a bit iffy about...but then when I've got 59 a day to use, it's not so much of a problem. Not my ideal meals, though...just eating what's in the house before the big shop on Wednesday when pay comes. :p

Breakfast
Nutrigrain Apple Bar - 4pp

Lunch
Tesco Chicken, Tomato & Basil Couscous - 20pp

Dinner
Levi Root's Jerk Chicken Wings - 23pp
Warburton's Square Wrap - 4pp

Snack Etc.
WW Banoffee Desert - 5pp
Activia Coconut Yoghurt - 3pp
Daily Points Used: 59 of 59
Weeklies Used: 0 of 20

Last edited:
Aye. :) In a way I'm glad to be back at work, as it keeps me away from food. Took a sneaky look at the scales this morning, and I'm up by a pound. Not the biggest thing really and hopefully it'll be back off by WI on Thursday, but does make a point to me...even if I stick to my points, if I drink more than one day a week then chances are a gain will be there. Water retention or something, as no doubt those with more scientific minds will say. :p

Yea my OH was following WW for a while and still drinking and his weight loss was very slow,no drinking right now as we are pretty skint and the weight is slowly coming off though he would lose more if got back on WW.But WW is a life style change so a drink/treat is never totally off the cards!

Aye. Usually I'm a Sunday drinker only, and then only when my drinking buddy is home. Decided to have a few at home Saturday, and then my dad got more...and I've no will-power at all when cider is in the fridge. It is, mainly, why I got so heavy to start with...but that's a different story entirely.
Oddly the weigh gain is never as bad with wine, but even a small glass of wine will give me a shocking headaches (especially if it's red)...so best not to go there really.

Thanks Han. :) Hope to have it off by Thursday. At least now I'm back to work, I can't drink as I'm not at all brave enough to drive the morning after drinking (too scared of losing my licence and having to re-do the test of evil!!).

Good idea not to drive the morning after drinking! Not worth the risk.I think a lot of people on here struggle with drink(not in a bad way just cutting down) its very habit forming.Ergh at headaches with wine,that's not good.I guess cos the cider is more points it adds to the weight more then the wine(?)

Aye. Cider is perhaps the worst drink out there callorie wise...with the possible exception of Guiness. Not sure if the infamous "bread in a glass" would be more. Trouble is that unlike beer, cider actually tastes nice...so quite easy to get through a pint or five.

Quite enjoying my lunch...although why I put a fork in my bag instead of a spoon is beyond me. Not easy eating couscous with a fork! lol

Lol the fork and spoon incident sounds like something I would do! Have fun with eating the couscous! Yea those drinks are the baddies so to speak!

Back