Siobhan's *EE* Food Diary!!

shifty

Hi everyone,
I'm 37 years old & have 4 children,a Daughter 20 yrs,Twin boys 14 yrs & a Son 5 yrs old.
As I am doing SW alone at home I thought I'd start a Slimming Diary for any SW dieters who can point me in the right direction if I'm doing it wrong!!
I started SW on 6/01/2011 & have with exercising at least 3 times a week have lost 10lbs so far!!:D
SW just does'nt feel like a diet,in fact I've never ate so much!!

Monday 24th Jan 2011
B-28g Alpen muesli (HeB) mixed with strawberries,banana & vff natural yoghurt. Tea.
L-.....
D-Cottage pie with a sweet potato & white potato topping,with broccoli,mange tout & carrots,1 tsp of bisto gravy granules made up to gravy 0.5 syns
Snacks & Drinks-2 x Nectarines,1 xAlpen light bar 3 syns, 1 x alpen bar 6 syns, Tea,Diet coke,1 x options hot chocolate drink 2 syns, I used my 250ml HeA milk for my cups of tea & hot choc at bedtime.
11.5 SYNS IN TOTAL
No lunch as I did 1hr 45mins of zumba & aerobics at home & I can never eat for a good few hours after exercising!!

Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong!! Thank you.

Last edited:
Tuesday 25th Jan 2011
B-28g Alpen muesli (HeB) mixed with strawberries,2 bananas & vff natural yoghurt. Tea.

L-Onion,tomato & mushroom omlette made with 4 eggs,& a large side salad,1 tbsp light mayo 2 syns
D-Did'nt feel like dinner after my very large lunch!!But I had made the strawberry cheesecake from the slimmingeats website earlier in the day,so it felt a shame to waste it ;)..recipe below
My Baked Cheesecake Experiment | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes
I made it into 12 syns for the WHOLE cheescake by using 7 x 35 calorie tescos rich tea mixed with a little drop of water rather than low fat spread.Cut it into 8 slices,1.5 syns per slice,and it taste gorgeous,I had 2 slices!!! 3 syns. Although it would have taste nicer with 2 mullerlight strawberry yogs!! I'm going to try a lemon cheesecake next time.
Snacks & Drinks-1 x Nectarine,1 x plum,1 x banana,1 xAlpen light bar 3 syns, Tea,1 x options hot chocolate drink 2 syns, I used my 250ml HeA milk for my cups of tea & hot choc at bedtime.
Ended up having another bowl of alpen with vff natural yog & a banana at 11pm,that'll teach me to miss dinner!!But I don't know the syns as i've thrown the box away that had the calories on,so can't work it out!! PLEASE HELP with this if you know,Thank you...
10 SYNS IN TOTAL + Syns for 28gs alpen.

Would really love someone to reply & let me know if I'm doing SW wrong,or even better telling me that i'm doing it right..could do with some encouragement,as finding this week really hard!!!
Thanks guys.

Wednesday 26th Jan 2011

B-28g Alpen muesli (HeB) mixed with strawberries & banana mixed with vff natural yoghurt. Tea. 0.5 Syns
L-Bacon,tomato & mushroom omlette.
D-SW Lasagne with green beans, I made the cheese sauce by mixing vff nat yoghurt with 2 eggs & 42gms of low fat cheddar (HeA)

Snacks & Drinks
Alpen light 3 Syns, Alpen bar 6 Syns, Nectarine,banana,plums, Tea x 4 2 Syns for milk, Options hot choc & milk 2.5 Syns.

14 Syns in total

My little boy as had that flu bug,so over the next few days my meals have been the more or less the same,I just ate the lasagne that I made each evening,and snacked on fruit or low fat alpen bars,not gone over my 15 syns a day which I was surprised by!!

shifty said:
Wednesday 26th Jan 2011

B-28g Alpen muesli (HeB) mixed with strawberries & banana mixed with vff natural yoghurt. Tea. 0.5 Syns
L-Bacon,tomato & mushroom omlette.
D-SW Lasagne with green beans, I made the cheese sauce by mixing vff nat yoghurt with 2 eggs & 42gms of low fat cheddar (HeA)

Snacks & Drinks
Alpen light 3 Syns, Alpen bar 6 Syns, Nectarine,banana,plums, Tea x 4 2 Syns for milk, Options hot choc & milk 2.5 Syns.

14 Syns in total

My little boy as had that flu bug,so over the next few days my meals have been the more or less the same,I just ate the lasagne that I made each evening,and snacked on fruit or low fat alpen bars,not gone over my 15 syns a day which I was surprised by!!

As I am an extremely new newbie to s w myself I am not much help but your threads sound good to me good luck with your journey x julia

Thanks so much Julia...xXx

I'm doing SW alone at the moment,but minimins has been invaluable to me,without the advice & tips on here I would be lost!! lol
Thanks again & GOOD LUCK in your journey xXx

My little boy got much worse Thursday & Friday!! He's GREAT today though!!! Thank goodness..
I always find it amazing how quickly kids bounce back from being so poorly!!

Well kept on track SW wise,I can't remember on which day I had what exactly,but I do remember knowing I kept below my 15 Syns & everything was SW friendly!! I just had fromage frais with fruit for breakfast,and I warmed up the lasagne that i had made (I made a very large dish,enough for 5 portions) had plenty of veg with it & fruit afterwards. Plus had a few alpen light bars for my HeB & a few Synned (thank goodness for alpen light bars)!! lol

Last edited:
SATURDAY 29th Jan

Been feeling REALLY bloated the last few nights & this morning!! Just feel like i've done nothing but eat!! which is probably true!! Plus I have'nt had a visit from the toilet fairy in a few days (really need some advice on dealing with this issue)& it's my time of the month!! So things going on that I don't want & vice versa!!:(

Did'nt have my WI on thursday with my little boy being poorly,but kinda glad I did'nt as I felt i'd put at least a stone on!! REALLY need to sort out this bloated feeling!!!

My food diary for the day....

Last edited:
SATURDAY 29th Jan

B-Frozen mixed berries(defrosted),strawberries & a banana mixed with fromage frais.Tea. Milk from HeA

L-Baked potato,beans & tuna,with a side of baby toms & red pepper,1tbsp of light mayo 2 Syns

D-Pork loin chops,SW chips(first time i've made them & I was pleasantly surprised at how nice they were) loads of broccoli, & a few spoons of beans for their juice so I did'nt have to use my syns on gravy.

Snacks & Drinks
Tea, 2 x options drinks 4 Syns, 2 x Alpen light bars HeB, Small kitkat 5.5 Syns,
Need to start drinking more juice & water!!

That would have been 11.5 Syns, but I was having a really bad day,feeling bloated etc,& then my ex was constantly ringing & texting me from 10pm onwards! It's still all very raw as we seperated just before xmas.
So I ended up using the last of my milk from my HeA & had it on some Special K berrie crunch!! As soon as I started eating them I felt worse....I felt guilty & felt I'd let myself down!!
I had about 4-5 spoonfuls before throwing them in the bin,So i'm not sure how many Syns it worked out at,but I'm sure it took me over my 15 Syns!!
Really need to learn some coping mechanisms when I feel this stressed agin!!
Any advice will be gratefully accepted!!

Last edited:
SUNDAY 30th Jan

B-Strawberries & a banana mixed with fromage frais.Tea. Milk from HeA.

L-Omlette made with red onions,mushrooms,red pepper & tomato,with a few spoonfuls of baked beans that were left from yesterday.

D-Diet coke chicken,with SW chips & broccoli.

Snacks & Drinks
Tea, 4 x Alpen light bars HeB + 6 Syns, Nectarine, few handfuls of grapes, Small kitkat 5.5 Syns. Used my milk from HeA for Teas. Did'nt drink water AGAIN!! Really need to find a suitable SF cordial!

SYNS TOTAL 11.5

Last edited:
Wish me luck!!

I have my appointment with my beep practitioner tomorrow!
Really need a good structured exercise regime,hopefully he'll advise the gym,as I really don't feel confident enough to go swimming just yet!!:eek:

Not been feeling well this morning,got up made a cuppa & went back to bed for an hour,so only eaten a banana, a plum & an alpen light bar thus far...
will update with diary....

Hello, I'm also doing SW at home and similar to you I'm going through a split, or I may be... Complicated! But anyway, I understand a little.

Your food diary looks good to me. But don't worry too much about going over your 15 syns a day, just pull some back the next. And if you feel you can't just call it a flexi day, account for them and start a fresh the next.
I say this because I've found that when I concentrate so much on the syns and 'being good' that I obsess over what I'm eating and ultimately give up when I've went a few over. Hope I'm making sense... And good luck x

Hi Spicy,
Thanks so much for the great advice! I understand completely,the days when I just relax about syns i seem to NOT go over,but when i don't relax I do.:)

I too am going through a kinda, maybe split...we're not living together at the moment,I told him to leave in November,I just could'nt live the way we were living anymore!!
But we've been speaking the last few days & he seems to be wanting the same things as me,which is just a normal life...no more & no less....which I don't think is too much to ask.
I love him dearly,and could never see me being with anyone else,but the last 12 months with him I just felt so alone & so isolated,not only dealing with my Mums death but with all his problems too.But I need him to understand how his actions & behaviour have affected me,and hopefully we can work around being civil with one another & just take it from there,& decide wether we totally cut emotional ties & move on,or build on something that was & could be very good.

MONDAY 31st Jan

B-Banana

L-Plum & a few handfuls of grapes.

D-Diet coke chicken,with SW chips & broccoli,carrot & cauliflower.

Snacks & Drinks

Tea, Juice, Options hot choc drink 2 Syns,2 x Alpen lights HeB,Kitkat 5.5 Syns,Used my milk from HeA for tea & hot choc.

SYNS TOTAL 7.5

Last edited:
Did'nt feel too well yesterday,hence the very light breakfast & lunch..I'm coming down with the same flu bug that my little boy had & now my 14 yr old twins both have!!:( Plus I had my beep appointment,which went great,just got to wait for my induction appointment for the gym :D REALLY HAPPY!! Things all seem to be going in the right direction.
Even though I feel a bit poorly I'm still gunna do some wii fit,gunna do it for as long as I can,but I'm not gunna beat myself up if I can't do very long,as I'll catch up when I'm feeling better.
Ate breakfast this morning,as I did'nt want a day like yesterday & certainly don't want my body thinking it's being starved,as we all know what happens then..(Your body holds onto the fat you wanna lose)!!
Really need to start planning my food for the week,as only deciding in the morning,or even an hour before meals is setting me up for a fall,as I'll end up wanting something quick which usually means something full of fat & sugary foods!!
Food diary to follow.....

TUESDAY 1st Feb

B-Banana & strawberries mixed with fat free fromage frais.

L-

D-Pork loin chops(all fat trimmed off),with broccoli,carrot,cauliflower & sprouts.

Snacks & Drinks
Tea, Juice,I used my milk from HeA for tea.

SYNS TOTAL

Sorry you're feeling poorly, but well done on staying so motivated.
I'm in a similar situation, OH and I decided to split in November but since then we've got on better than ever and we're no nearer to being apart. Very confusing.
Anyway, keep at it!

Aw I feel awful today Spicy!
So I'm going to try & keep to plan as much as possible,but I'm not going to worry too much if I don't...as the big sw meals that I normally have just don't seem that appealing,whereas a bit of soup & toast does.
Glad you & your OH are getting on,and I hope you sort out what was making you unhappy/not get on in the first place.
Its blooming hard work being in love & working at it every day!
Are you doing a diary? Will have to have a look at it & get some ideas & hopefully give some feedback if you are....I've started to feel like I'm eating the same meals day in day out!

Back