size 10 by summer!

Green day today:

Breakfast:
2 wheat biscuits (HexB 1)
28gx2 Bran flakes (HexB 2, HexB 3)
semi skimmed and whole Milk (Hex A1, HexA 2)

Lunch:
potato wedges, butternut squash wedges
with baked beans

Snack:
1 bread stick (1 syn)
4 slices of white bread (16 syns :eek:)
2 tbsp hoummus (4 syns)

Dinner:
Pasta with sweetcorn, tinned chopped tomatoes

Total syns: 21

Last edited:
Had a good day today; I think it's because I prepared for the day by making a big batch of Pasta to snack on and so wasn't tempted to reach for high syns food.

Green:

Breakfast:
Decaff coffee with semi skimmed milk (HexA 1)

"Brunch":
Fusili pasta with sweetcorn and peas

Lunch:
Vegetables, lentils, pasta and beans soup (Pub food)
1 tbsp olive oil (HexB 1)
28g Ciabata with garlic butter (5 syns guesstimate based on syns value in an average garlic bread)
banana
250ml Carling (4 syns)
Coffee

Dinner:
1/2 pot Muller coconut and chocolate sprinkles
vegetables and dried egg noodles stirfry with
skinless diced chicken breast pieces (HexB 2)

Total syns: 9

Walked for about 45 mins

Another Green for the Greedy Lady:D:

Breakfast:
2 Decaff coffee with ss milk (HexA 1)
2 slices bread from a 400g loaf (HexB 1)
scrambled eggs (Fry light, milk from allowance)
Marmite
Banana

Snack:
Banana
Apple
Muller Light coconut
20g/ 2 squares Lindt 85% dark chocolate 6 syns (6.5 syns for 25g)
1/4 of Asda crumpet (1 syn)

Lunch:
Quorn sausages with Potato and cauliflower mash, cabbage and petit pois
Dollop of Natural yogurt fat free
Tabasco
1/4 Galia melon

Dinner:
1 crumpet (3 syns)
1 belgian chocolate WW cake (4.5 syns)

Total syns: 14.5

Exercise? Does pushing a crazy trolley for 2 hours in Asda count?

Last edited:
Grrrreen DDDay:

B:
2 wheat biscuits + Milk (HexA 1 + HexB 1)
banana

S:
2 WW belgian chocolate cake (9 syns)

L:
Stirfry!
vegetables, eggs, rice noodles, soy sauce

S:
1 WW Lemon cake slice (4 syns)
Galia Melon slices
tiny bit lindt dark choc (1.5 syns)
3 decaff coffee

D:
Pasta with vegs and cottage cheese and tabasco
banana
apple

Total syns: 14.5

Last edited:
Well done for turning it all around! How's everything going?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just wanted to pop on and say Hey :)

Your doing amazingly well...we all have blips. I am a maintainer and I still get bad days...actually had a bad weekend this weekend haha. But being able to bring it back and getting straight back on plan is half the battle xx

Hello Lozzie and Laura,

Thanks for your feedback!
It's not been easy, lots of temptations.. but I try and remind myself that this is a great way of eating .. Even if I was allowed unlimited chocolate , I would start craving vegs, rice and pasta.. so it's all in my head..
Just trying to focus on food I can eat.

Today's my weigh in day and I'm still stuck at 70kg. Obviously, I'd rather a loss but can't complain as I have had a few synful days..

Aiming for 2lbs next Tuesday!!:D

Last edited:
BuzzyBee said:
Hello Lozzie and Laura,

Thanks for your feedback!
It's not been easy, lots of temptations.. but I try and remind myself that this is a great way of eating .. Even if I was allowed unlimited chocolate and alcohol, I would start craving vegs, rice and pasta.. so it's all in my head..
Just trying to focus on food I can eat.

Today's my weigh in day and I'm still stuck at 70kg. Obviously, I'd rather a loss but can't complain as I have had a few synful days..

Aiming for 2lbs next Tuesday!!:D

So you STS? That's really great it's better than a gain so well done :)

I know what you mean because before SW I did CC'n to loose my weight so really didn't have a lot so now doing SW and I can overload on SF/FF I shouldn't feel deprived as I am eating a hell of a lot more good now but you always crave what u can't have don't u.

Weekends are bad for me because of wanting to socially drink which then leads to eating. Depending on the scales on my WI on Friday will determain if when our friends come around we have drinks and a takeaway or it's a syn free SW chilli and diet coke haha xx

Yeah, I'm pleased not to have gained. In a way it's good that your weighing in day is friday.. means you can indulge for a meal or a day or two but still have 5 or 6 days to get back on track!
well done on your weight loss.. I was hoping it was by doing slimming world! Out of curiousity how many calories were you averaging during your weightloss journey?

Extra Extra read all about it..

Breakfast:
Fennel tea, Decaff coffee
Milk (HexA 1)
2 Wheat biscuits (HexB 1)
1/2 banana

Lunch:
Pasta with Bolognese sauce (Lean beef mince, tin toms, onions, carrots, petit pois) Served with boiled cauliflower on the side
Cottage cheese, tabasco

Snack:
Muller yogurt

Dinner:
[STRIKE]
Cod en pappillote with bell pepper, spinach, courgette, cauliflower
Mashed potato
[/STRIKE]
Ended up having leftover bolognese with oven wedges, yogurt and tabasco
an apple

Total syns: Could I go syn-free today? Let's see, shall we...

Last edited:
BuzzyBee said:
Yeah, I'm pleased not to have gained. In a way it's good that your weighing in day is friday.. means you can indulge for a meal or a day or two but still have 5 or 6 days to get back on track!
well done on your weight loss.. I was hoping it was by doing slimming world! Out of curiousity how many calories were you averaging during your weightloss journey?

Yeh I used to weigh in on a Wednesday but then changed to a Friday because like u said got more of a chance to rain it back in and I wanted to be able to eat/drink at weekends without worrying about it but this weekend I was just eating for the sake of it which isn't a good habit and now I have to be extra/extra good this week and have less syns that I normally would have to make up for it boo :-(

When I was CC'n I avg around 1000/1200 per day plus exercised about 4/5 times a week. When I started sw back in January my first week I lost another 2lbs even though I was trying to maintain and then I successfully maintained until may (stayed exactly the same weight every week) but then went on holiday and gained 6lbs...was a GOOD holiday thou :) haha I had everything from pizza, Chinese and Indian takeaways. Fish and chips, chocolate, crisps, ice cream and sweets with no exercise for 1.5 weeks so a well deserved gain. And so I carried on with SW and it took me 5 weeks to loose that 6lbs. But I did EE for two weeks and didn't loose a lb so switched on week three to red days so had to weigh out my carbs and lost it straight away so SW definately works. Xx

BuzzyBee said:
Extra Extra read all about it..

Breakfast:
Fennel tea, Decaff coffee
Milk (HexA 1)
2 Wheat biscuits (HexB 1)
1/2 banana

Lunch:
Pasta with Bolognese sauce (Lean beef mince, tin toms, onions, carrots, petit pois) Served with boiled cauliflower on the side
Cottage cheese, tabasco

Dinner:
Cod en pappillote with bell pepper, spinach, courgette, cauliflower
Mashed potato

(Will update changes - if any - later)

Total syns: Could I go syn-free today? Let's see, shall we...

They recommend on SW not to go completely syn free as it doesn't help losses as you do need a bit of fat in your diet. If like me you don't want to get carried away with the treats then use your syns were you can in your cooking.... Have a bit of light butter in your mash? Or cook your cod with a bit of extra virgin olive oil... Or have something as a syn instead of a HEB as I feel these are a bit better nutritious fats for you rather than chocolate/sweets/crisps fats.

Also that cod sounds lovely, never heard of it thou what is it and how do u cook it? Sounds like a lovely tea thou x

You must've had the will of iron to stick to 1000-1200kcals a day!!
It certainly paid off, and your weight loss is seriously impressive!!

At least the gain is justified and you had a great time..
Cod.. is a flakey white fish.. often used in chipshops and sold in batter/covered with bread crumbs. If you've had fish and chips you probably had that (or haddock which is similar, in my opinion). You can steam it, grill it, pan fry, dip in eggs and breadcrumbs/batter and deep fry..
en pappillote is basically cooking it wrapped in foil or baking paper in the oven with a little liquid so it steams.. this way of cooking is less messy, healthy and you get moist fish thats not too fishy.

Last edited:
BuzzyBee said:
You must've had the will of iron to stick to 1000-1200kcals a day!!
It certainly paid off, and your weight loss is seriously impressive!!

At least the gain is justified and you had a great time..
Cod.. is a flakey white fish.. often used in chipshops and sold in batter/covered with bread crumbs. If you've had fish and chips you probably had that (or haddock which is similar, in my opinion). You can steam it, grill it, pan fry, dip in eggs and breadcrumbs/batter and deep fry..
en pappillote is basically cooking it wrapped in foil or baking paper in the oven with a little liquid so it steams.. this way of cooking is less messy, healthy and you get moist fish thats not too fishy.

Haha I know what cod is :) just the end part sounded nice but never heard of it lol I love White flaky fish steamed with veggies come to think of it your tea tonight sounds like the same that I had the other week.

Uuh yes that's actually been said too me before, I am also a bit of a work horse when it comes to exercise so god help anybody who agrees to exercising with me haha thank you :) I weigh about 2 stone lighter than I did after having my daughter which is great :) really need to keep myself in check though now until we go on holiday as I so want to look good this year in my swimming costume x

Soooo.. I did manage not to use my syns yesterday..
It went well yesterday.. I really really want a 2lbs loss next tuesday!

Extra Easy today:

Breakfast:
Decaff Coffee
wheat biscuits with milk (HexB 1 HexA 1)

Lunch:
vegetables lasagne (courgette, aubergine, spinach, cottage cheese, tomatoes)
Muller coconut

Snack:
2 slices bread hovis wheatgerm 400g loaf (6 syns)
2 tsp marmite
2 cups of tea with milk from allowance

Dinner:
Mini twister (2.5 syns)
Cod en pappillote with cauliflower and green beans (didn't cook yesterdays dinner so having it tonight)
Rice with sweetcord, yogurt and tabasco
1/4 peanut butter toast (3 syns)

Total syns: 11.5

Last edited:
BuzzyBee said:
Yeah, I did think it was odd to live in the UK and not know it..
hahaha

It's great that you enjoy your exercise.. send us some exercise loving fairy dust my way please...

Haha sending some your way....now!!! :)

Yeh the great British cod and chips is a winner in my eyes :) x

Back